HTC desire or Samsung Galaxy S or iphone 3gs

Hey guys, needed your help again..

I am in a dilemma as to which phone should i use from the mentioned list.

I would mostly using phones for..

1. Lots of apps which require good processing power, good ram(like gmaps etc)

2. Heavy usage of internet which has flash support and almost all those which we do on pc internet.

3. using word/excel/ppts.

I basically want a phone with good multimedia features(good camera, sound etc). My budget is around 26-27k.

Hows the performance of touchwiz UI vs. HTC sense? does desire have htc sense? Also hows the support of samsung vs htc.I read from reviews that htc releases updates frequently compared to samsung. Does desire and galaxy s have the capability of running Andriod 2.3?

Also, please lend me some information from where i can check out the real mobile phones before actually purchasing it.

Please drop in your reviews..

Thanks..

^ Hasn't made a lot of difference based on what I've read.

If you have any material that proves otherwise, please link - it'll be nice to read up on it. The reviews and articles I've read all berate the DHD because of its piss-poor battery life.

samsung galaxy s i9000 is a very good phone to go with
go ahead any buy it else this waiting business keeps on going now its defy n milestone to be launched in india and till the time thaey have launched there will be couple of phones waiting to hit the market within 30 or 35 days so this holding business has no end

if u want one now then get a samsung galaxy s i9000 its a awesome phone ,as i have used it ,u will definately like it

you will get the worlds best screen with galaxy s , but DHD is far ahead with the specs

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

that icici is fu*****g awesome , i thought it gives only 1000rs max , damn cool price ...................

HTC - Products - HTC Desire - Specification

the desire battery is 1400mah not 1500mah and I dont think 170mah [DHD] would make a big difference , Yeah we know that the screen is large but most of the smartphone needs one time charge/day :)

Yes, but one charge per day after 20-24 hours as opposed to 16-18 hours - big difference, don't you think? I haven't dug deep, I'll admit, but 0.6inch wider screen, with a batter like that, even though it has an updated processor - I don't know how it stacks up. From what I've heard people get barely a day's usage with their DHD while on my Desire I usually get 28-30 hours on a single charge.

Just my two cents.

Based on my personal experience with the HTC Desire HD, I can say that it is one of few smartphones (if not the only one) that can hardly last through a single day of active use unless you have a spare battery in your pocket.

The above is a quote from Artem Lutfullin's review of the Desire HD on mobile-review.com. Full review is here: Mobile-review.com Review of HTC Desire HD GSM/UMTS Smartphone

He further goes on to say:

Let me describe my routine smartphone usage scenario. In the morning, I unplug the charger, turn on the music and leave the house. The music is kept on for the whole day, save for probably some hour or two. I have two e-mail accounts with active push-mail and occasionally stop to look up something on the Internet (about one hour of active browsing in total) or have a phone conversation (30-40 minutes in total). If I leave the house at 1000 hours, the HTC Desire HD will be dead (i.e. it will turn itself off) by 15-1600 hours. If I allow it to automatically roam between 2G and 3G networks, it will die off even quicker. You are free to make your own conclusions now.

I really cannot why HTC underpowered their flagship phone! Would there have been any problem had they given at least a 1500mAh battery, if not more?

IMO....the best android handset out at this moment is HTC desire HD...26k, The original desire was an iphone 3gs killer & it was the best handset of its time but now days it doesnt come wid AMOLED screen & the new htc sense UI...21.5k. The galaxy S has the most powerful gpu of all smartphones currently (powerVR SGX 540 vs Adreno 205 in Desire HD vs PowerVR SGX 535 in iphone 4 vs AMD Z430 in desire) but the gpu advantage cannot be felt in practice as android market doesnt have too many graphics intensive games & the touchwiz 3 UI of samsung is not GPU accelerated. Moreover the sense UI is the best UI for android. Personally I have had a iphone 3G & desire but the sense UI in desire HD has completely blown me over. its fast, slick & not restricted as ios. So i have ordered a desire HD for myself. for 25-27k budget there is simply no better overall handset at the moment.

PS: the reason i dint go for galaxy s is because it felt cheap in hand (just like other sammy 5k-6k touch phones), it dint have the premium device feeling, moreover the touchwiz 3 was slightly jerkier and less customisable than htc sense. This was very imp for me as i was coming frm ios & we all kno that ios is very slick

HTC Desire, if you want great hardware but poor battery
iPhone 3GS, if you want great screen, best touch experience, lots of APPS (more than Android apps) & ok with not so good battery
Samsung Galaxy S, if you want a great Android device with great display (even though it's not AMOLED anymore, it just LCD), the camera is also good.

aercy said:
HTC Desire, if you want great hardware but poor battery

iPhone 3GS, if you want great screen, best touch experience, lots of APPS (more than Android apps) & ok with not so good battery

Samsung Galaxy S, if you want a great Android device with great display (even though it's not AMOLED anymore, it just LCD), the camera is also good.

For point 2 IPhone 3GS it has a good battery.. I doubt when you say not so good battery..

Basically if you need heavy processing and very good after service support you can go for Galaxy S

or else for everything you mentioned IPHONE 4 is your solution..

Dont go for HTC DESIRE, it has hardware issues.. & after service is very poor

niru12345 said:
Dont go for HTC DESIRE, it has hardware issues.. & after service is very poor
I agree

although iphone 3gs is a 2 year old phone its the better option among the three, but i say you should wait for Galaxy S II to lunch and it should cost around 28k i hope ;)

iPhone 3GS battery was better than the predecessors but when I used it for 2 days, I watched movies, played games, listened to music it was fine but wifi, GPRS usage drained the battery in few 10 minutes.

Back