HTC desire or Samsung Galaxy S or iphone 3gs

Hey guys, needed your help again..

I am in a dilemma as to which phone should i use from the mentioned list.

I would mostly using phones for..

1. Lots of apps which require good processing power, good ram(like gmaps etc)

2. Heavy usage of internet which has flash support and almost all those which we do on pc internet.

3. using word/excel/ppts.

I basically want a phone with good multimedia features(good camera, sound etc). My budget is around 26-27k.

Hows the performance of touchwiz UI vs. HTC sense? does desire have htc sense? Also hows the support of samsung vs htc.I read from reviews that htc releases updates frequently compared to samsung. Does desire and galaxy s have the capability of running Andriod 2.3?

Also, please lend me some information from where i can check out the real mobile phones before actually purchasing it.

Please drop in your reviews..

Thanks..

nfsnfs said:
What ever you have asked above , HTC desire can do all the stuff . It can even support 2.3 and 3.0 as well .

thanks for your reply mate...I was a lil sceptical regarding the battery life of Desire. Some reviews showed that desire has an average battery life. What about the audio/video quality?
phoenix844884 said:
@^^ Because there are issues popping up with Desire HD and the original Desire is one rock solid handset. Go for Desire among the choices you have listed.

Agreed.. I am an office going person and Desire HD being on the heavier side, I would find it uncomfortable to fit such a mammoth device in my formal/casual trousers.

manu1991 said:
How about wm7 . HTC Mozart would be in your budget.
Dont know much about Windows based phones, but from what i read from the reviews.. it never really got the thumbs up from the reviewers. Besides my boss is cribbing about his phone as he is using win phone v6. I may have to test applications if needed so I wont go for windows phone. Btw Manu thanks for ur suggestion..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

smnrock said:
Hm...What was the issues?
Issues like poor(read pathetic) battery life..average sound quality besides having the support of SRS.. no protection for camera whatsoever.

Tejas01 said:
Issues like poor(read pathetic) battery life..average sound quality besides having the support of SRS.. no protection for camera whatsoever.
You mean battery life poor than desire? FYI i'm using DHD and just visit over XDA will tell you the truth :)

smnrock said:
You mean battery life poor than desire? FYI i'm using DHD and just visit over XDA will tell you the truth :)

Err, sorry for gate crashing here. :)

I'm basically a noob about cellphones :ashamed: and I was too looking for a phone with similar interest as the OP. :)

It seems that the Desire comes with a 1400mah battery while DHD comes with a 1230mah. :S

Please correct me if I'm missing some point here. :ashamed:

kestrel5915 said:
Err, sorry for gate crashing here. :)
I'm basically a noob about cellphones :ashamed: and I was too looking for a phone with similar interest as the OP. :)
It seems that the Desire comes with a 1400mah battery while DHD comes with a 1230mah. :S
Please correct me if I'm missing some point here. :ashamed:
Yes you are correct, and the reason is DHD uses latest generation(45nm) CPU(QC 8255) and GPU which consumes less power than QC 8250 used in desire :)

Dark Prince said:
Hey why is anyone not recommending a Samsung Galaxy S

its not that bad is it???

it is a superb phone with a super AMOLED screen
Yes it is good but i believe that the superb AMOLED screen is what has caused the shortage of SGS in the market.

So much that the stores are now saying that Samsung has discontinued SGS!

But i was worried about the support from Samsung. I am currently using Wave and i am so dissatisfied with their service that I am beginning to think that sammy is only good in providing good h/w spec fones and with little/blatant support...

Anyone using SGS out there.. can someone confirm hows the service from sammy and its support to version 2.3 and above.

Back