Monitors Help me choose new monitor

I am located in Noida , actually I have two main purposes 1) Working on the computer 2) Watching HD channels through my Airtel HD set top box.

So how is i2353ph , Here are some important question every Led monitor buyer should ask before Finalizing the product.

1) Is there any back light bleed, if yes then is it so much to hamper TV viewing. - It has very low backlight bleed. the monitor is bottom edge lit so its very very less and blacks are very good.
2) When you watch Tata Sky HD on it is are there any ghosting effects due to the 5ms response time. - lag or ghosting is not applicable while watching tv. tv viewing does not require that high refresh rates imo.
3) How is the picture quality and color reproduction. - seeing a bit of banding in some hd channels like star world, star sports, etc. ex. the KP ad on star sports hd. the brown background has some banding. didnt see that on my old monitor which was a 8bit mva panel. the loss of 2bits in this panel must be the problem for banding.

are you happy with it? Why didn't you go for the Philips 227E3QPHSU/94 ? How do the HD channels look in it. - yup happy considering everything else was over my budget and also colour and brightness is lot better than mva panels. hd channels are awesome.

And finally how much did it cost you ? I know it is a bit costlier than the Philips one. - i bought from ebay. cost me around 13.6k. some people say its available now for around 11k in shops.

My Budget is not very high but some what flexible. cannot go beyond 20K that's for sure , doesn't make sense buying a monitor for home use above 20K.

Also just received word that viewsonic latest offering
VX2370Smh-LED Expanding Your Viewing Experience Full HD Frameless Display for Ultimate Entertainment - LCD Display - Products - ViewSonic will hit the European market around the 3rd - 4th week of October. Guess we can expect it to arrive here a bit later or around the same time. - it will take more than that time frame. some models are not released in india.

So a lot depends on your feed back. please do give a detailed review of your product so that I can make the right choice. - I already made a review here

Only some one who has used a monitor for a while can give the most accurate feed back , looking at a monitor for 2 minutes before purchase cannot be taken as a guarantee for obtaining a good monitor.

answered in bold next to your questions.

answered in bold next to your questions.

Thank you , read your review, just slightly disappointed to hear about the bluish tinge.

You say watching HD television is Awesome and yet you say that there is some banding, if the Banding is noticeable then how can the picture be awesome? I am a little confused.

On your review is it possible for you to show how the Banding looks, I mean could you just click a snap when the banding is visible and upload it , so that we can see how subtle or non subtle it is.

This monitor looks slim and is awesome in its external characteristics, but now I have become a little apprehensive about the picture quality.

Banding can certainly be a big turn off. It would really help to see what a banding looks like.

Hi

The above monitor 23" is now available. The 22" version of the same is still to arrive. At least, that is what was conveyed to me.

Now the latest in IPS panels is AH- IPS this comes after e-IPS.

Currently in India( and probably world ) we have only a few monitors that support this AH- IPS panels . AH as we all know stands for Advanced - High performance IPS panels.

So currently we have these :

1) Dell S series which uses the same panels.

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=s-series_monitor

2)Viewsonic VX 70 - Series

http://ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/lcd/vx70/specs.php

3) AOC i2267Fwh (22"), i2367Fh (23"), i2757Fh (27")

http://www.aocdisplay.com/

Now the obvious question, which one should one choose.

All 3 boast of a very thin bezel.
Well, if one is going for a monitor now, then it makes sense to go for the latest IPS panels

Members please share your inputs.

Hi

The above monitor 23" is now available. The 22" version of the same is still to arrive. At least, that is what was conveyed to me.

Now the latest in IPS panels is AH- IPS this comes after e-IPS.

Currently in India( and probably world ) we have only a few monitors that support this AH- IPS panels . AH as we all know stands for Advanced - High performance IPS panels.

So currently we have these :

1) Dell S series which uses the same panels.

http://accessories.ap.dell.com/sna/sna.aspx?c=in&cs=indhs1&l=en&s=dhs&~topic=s-series_monitor

2)Viewsonic VX 70 - Series

http://ap.viewsonic.com/in/products/lcd/vx70/specs.php

3) AOC i2267Fwh (22"), i2367Fh (23"), i2757Fh (27")

http://www.aocdisplay.com/

Now the obvious question, which one should one choose.

All 3 boast of a very thin bezel.
Well, if one is going for a monitor now, then it makes sense to go for the latest IPS panels

Members please share your inputs.

I am using the S2240L. NO issues so far. Its great and now I hate TN panels (truly). However, not sure if it uses eIPS or AH-IPS.

I am using the S2240L. NO issues so far. Its great and now I hate TN panels (truly). However, not sure if it uses eIPS or AH-IPS.
Hi

Thanks that means a lot to me. I hope the glossy surface does not reflect too much? That was one of the worries.
Also I am confused between 22" or 23" , smaller panel has the advantage of higher PPI ( Pixels per inch ) and lesser DPI ( Dots per inch ) . So picture does not look grainy even from near.

larger screen have lower PPI and Higher DPI so a minimum distance is required from the screen so that individual pixels are not visible.

although the difference between 22" and 23" will not be too apparent.

so can you give some guidance which screen size, 23" is of course with win my budget.

As for your " not surety " you would be glad to know that the S series have AH- IPS panels , so you are covered in this regard. Enjoy !

Hi

Thanks that means a lot to me. I hope the glossy surface does not reflect too much? That was one of the worries. YES, its reflective. Not too much however.

Also I am confused between 22" or 23" , smaller panel has the advantage of higher PPI ( Pixels per inch ) and lesser DPI ( Dots per inch ) . So picture does not look grainy even from near.

larger screen have lower PPI and Higher DPI so a minimum distance is required from the screen so that individual pixels are not visible.

I sit around 50 cm away. If nearer than 40cm, I can see the pixels.

although the difference between 22" and 23" will not be too apparent.

so can you give some guidance which screen size, 23" is of course with win my budget.

As for your " not surety " you would be glad to know that the S series have AH- IPS panels , so you are covered in this regard. Enjoy !

I had a feeling that I have AH-IPS as had read up somewhere. How much is your budget?

As for backlight bleed, there some, but its not that noticeable.

So you are saying that your 22" cost you 8500/- that's a pleasant surprise. I thought 22" cost was :

http://www.flipkart.com/dell-21-5-inch-led-s2240l-monitor/p/itmdf4zvqauzt2z4?pid=MONDF4ZHPUYJBYPR&ref=cd04e990-c330-442f-9037-e4866382d2ea&srno=m_1_1&otracker=from-search&query=dell s2240l

what did it cost you when you bought it?

It cost me 9K. The M version is sans HDMI and was available for 8.5K. AFAIK, HDMI is replaced by DVI and no audio out is all thats differant.

Back