HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

duck_dodgers said:
Budget <=30000 INR

Viewing distance - 14 Feet (i know ull tell me 42", Not possible)

Sources/inputs - Airtel DTH (non HD) and DVD Player

Preference - LCD/LED

Preference for brands - Any good brand which offers good after sales service (Any Big Brand!!! Sony Samsung LG Panansonic)

Willing to purchase it from the grey market - NO!!!

Ambient lighting conditions of the room - Dunno How to explain :p

Window is in the east(not exact, more 2wards South), but more than moderate sunshine. Need to lit 2 tubelights @ night though

Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities - Waise toh bahut kuch chahiye!

USB Must. I see Skype Enabled TVs? Possible Under my Budget?

and

SHOULD BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR SPORTS !!!! I LOVE FOOTBAALL!!!!

Thank You!!!

Wait for the Samsung D Series before taking the splash IMHO....they should be out anytime next week i heard.Else Samsung 32C550 should be the one u should be looking at,though might overshoot ur budget by 2k or so.

^Wow that's quite early going by Samsung'a previous launch dates! I was expecting May end. Did the dealer tell you that?

mk151 said:
Budget 50-60k

viewing distance - 12 feet

sources - Xtreamer - tata sky

prefrence -- Have heard abt LG LED 42LE5300 VFM at 55k

Grey Market - No

Pls advise if the above has any flaws or if I can get a better tv for 60k.
Plz checkout the Panasonic 42V20 PLASMA if u can....really good performer in the budget of around 59-62k depending on the location.Only downside will be slightly higher power consumption as compared to the CCFL/LED LCD TVs,but Panasonic has 3 Year Warranty promotion running now.

Else,LG42LE5500 should come close to the bill after a bit of haggling since its for 65K now.Try hard to get it to 60K.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
^Wow that's quite early going by Samsung'a previous launch dates! I was expecting May end. Did the dealer tell you that?
Yup re...most prolly on 15th is what he said.They aren't receiving any C series products now and is in inventory clearance mode.

RedBull said:
Plz checkout the Panasonic 42V20 PLASMA if u can....really good performer in the budget of around 59-62k depending on the location.Only downside will be slightly higher power consumption as compared to the CCFL/LED LCD TVs,but Panasonic has 3 Year Warranty promotion running now.

Else,LG42LE5500 should come close to the bill after a bit of haggling since its for 65K now.Try hard to get it to 60K.

Thanks but the dealer told me that the only difference btw 5300 & 5500 is bluetooth and wifi . Also, 5500 has a reflective screen as compared to the matte one on 5300. I have today also read that there are some led light bleeding issues as also true motion problems. Totally confused now..:(

^^no need to get confused bro....take suggestions as pointers only and go by what ur eyes like. :) At the end of the day, thats what matters.

I am confused reading abt the truemotion problem and bleeding on top of screen. These are major flaws...

^^Oh k,can u share the source review? Also, tell us which all models u have auditioned so far.

I checked the LA40C530 in 3 different places in Mumbai. All 3 had had the AA01 panel. Confused if I should go for the 40C530. Is the difference in PQ between AA and SQ obvious? Is it worth spending 50k on this model if you are going to get the AA panel?

Viewing distance - 10 feet

Looking for -- 22" LCD

Price range -- 12-15k

Preference --

Sony 22EX300/22BX300

Samsung LA22B450C4

LG ???

Help guys!

ajey255 said:
I checked the LA40C530 in 3 different places in Mumbai. All 3 had had the AA01 panel. Confused if I should go for the 40C530. Is the difference in PQ between AA and SQ obvious? Is it worth spending 50k on this model if you are going to get the AA panel?
See, once u have heard of the panel lottery,the (so called)negatives of the panels other than SQ/SS would keep nagging at the bottom of your mind even if u urself have checked the panel and found it to be perfectly fine.You will start noticing 'flaws' once u see the panel model doesnt start with 'S' :D I have seen some CN and AA panels and honestly, they were absolutely fine in color-reproduction/viewing angles and what not.I couldn't hinestly tell them apart from SS panels though not side-by-side.The word I would use here is 'placebo-effect' but since u are already worried about 'wasting ur money' and getting inferior panel,its better u stay away form AA/CN panels and go for SX panels only for the piece of mind factor.

Again,IMHO, all the 3 panels are verrrrryyy close to each other,if not the same-atleast from what i have seen recently.

Crossx said:

Looking for -- 22" LCD

Price range -- 12-15k

Preference --

Sony 22EX300/22BX300

Samsung LA22B450C4

LG ???

Help guys!
The Samsung u mentioned is an outdated model.Go for 22C450 but the Sony EX should be equally fine.U can't go wrong with either IMHO.

Crossx said:

Looking for -- 22" LCD

Price range -- 12-15k

Preference --
Sony 22EX300/22BX300
Samsung LA22B450C4
LG ???

Help guys!

RedBull said:
The Samsung u mentioned is an outdated model.Go for 22C450 but the Sony EX should be equally fine.U can't go wrong with either IMHO.

^^ Thanks.

How are Panasonic LCDs?
I have narrowed down to these. Help me chose the best one.
1. Panasonic VIERA L24C20D -- 15K.
2. LG 22LD345 -- 13.5K.
3. Sony 22BX300 -- 15K

For 10 feet a 22" will be really small,it will look smaller then a regular 21" CRT tv.

So increase your budget by 5k and get a 32" lcd.In the grey market you can get a Sony 32"BX300/320 for roughly around 20k.

1. Budget. - 50k - 80K ( would finance though, EMI )

2. Viewing distance. 12-15 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. 5 year old dvd player. Would like to buy blue ray player as well / or a Asus O player provided it gives 5.1 audio out

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. - LED ( but what's the difference )

5. Preference for brands None

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - No ( but on 2nd thought, how much difference in price would be there ?)

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Normal

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. Wanted a 5.1 home theater as well. Also a big screen !

If any combo is available then that would be great.

One more question - My dad wanted to buy it during diwali season. He thinks schemes are better then. So should i wait till then or buy right away.

adder said:
For 10 feet a 22" will be really small,it will look smaller then a regular 21" CRT tv.

So increase your budget by 5k and get a 32" lcd.In the grey market you can get a Sony 32"BX300/320 for roughly around 20k.

Thanks. Yes, after reading through some reviews and past user experiences, I have come to conclusion that most LCDs below size 30"-32" go kaput after 1 to 1-1/2 years (when the warranty is over and service center ask for 50-75% of the original LCD cost for repairs). Its better to stay away from below 32" and non-Full-HD LCDs.

It seems to me that companies give all their best materials to their flagship models and so they know they can extend warranties of such models. In my opinion 1-year warranty on smaller LCD TV is too less. I am going to wait few months and get some cash together for 32"-40" full-HD LCDs/LEDS.

26" LG LED(LG 26LE5300 26 inches LED TV) or 26" Sony HD Ready(Sony Bravia KLV-32EX300 EX Series) or 32" Videocon Full HD. Which one should i go for? Viewing distance is around 8 feet, and would be using as monitor as well(rarerly). I had made up my mind to go for LG LED but just reading the comment above( most LCDs below size 30"-32" go kaput after 1 to 1-1/2 years and service center ask for 50-75% of the original LCD cost for repairs) i am having second thoughts. should i wait for a little long and save for something like full HD LG or SONY.

Hi guys,

I have more or less selected the model, It is Sony KDL-32CX520, but its not available thru Sony India, in grey mkt Delhi I am getting it for 26K. I dont wanna go grey mkt route, can wait for 20-25 odd days as renovations are on at my place b4 I actually buy this tv. Any one has inside news/update as when Sony India will launch it in India. Only 46" is available as of now. BTW i am getting 32Ex520 for 38k but dont wanna spend 12k more on grey mkt prices just for edge lit LED panel, other features and XR engine are same.

Regards,

1. Budget. - 25k

2. Viewing distance. 12-15feet

3. no other sources - only usb would be useful

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. - dont know what to buy in this budget

5. Preference for brands - Sony or Samsung

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - No

jdutt said:
Hi guys,

I have more or less selected the model, It is Sony KDL-32CX520, but its not available thru Sony India, in grey mkt Delhi I am getting it for 26K. I dont wanna go grey mkt route, can wait for 20-25 odd days as renovations are on at my place b4 I actually buy this tv. Any one has inside news/update as when Sony India will launch it in India. Only 46" is available as of now. BTW i am getting 32Ex520 for 38k but dont wanna spend 12k more on grey mkt prices just for edge lit LED panel, other features and XR engine are same.

Regards,
Well only sony knows when they will launch it,but they have so many other models launched so you may not see the 32" CX520 being launched.
Yes its no point spending 12k more for a EDGE LED.

1. Budget : 90K to 110K or as low as possible (I need 2 TVs worth 90 to 110K each)

2. Viewing distance : 5 to 10 ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc : PS3, HD DTH, USB

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV : LED-LCD

5. Preference for brands: Samsung. Me and my family found Samsung LEDS having richer colours and sharper picture compared to comparable Sonys.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? : Yes

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room : Controllable

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc : 3D, DLNA..

Actually looking for a 55 inches model from either the 7, 8 or 9 series of Samsung. As the C series is going out of production, these TVs are seeming to go at amazing prices. The 9 series 55 incher was given away at 145K at a reliance digital in my city. So gray market prices should be considerably low plus I need 2 TVs of the same model.

Where would be the best place to buy? Im considering Chennai as it is near Visakhapatnam. I dont know if my city has a gray market :ashamed:

And what are the major differences and advantages between 7, 8 and 9 series except having inbuilt wireless LAN adapter?

Please advise me as soon as possible because Im in a hurry lest the stocks get over :ashamed:

swastikrj said:
1. Budget. - 25k

2. Viewing distance. 12-15feet

3. no other sources - only usb would be useful

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. - dont know what to buy in this budget

5. Preference for brands - Sony or Samsung

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? - No

Well idealy for your view distance you need a 46" tv atleast,but with a 25k budget you can only get a 32" tv from third tier manufactures not first tier companies like sony/samsung.
But if you do conisder the grey market option you can get the 32" samsung D550 or the sony CX520 for 26k.

pranaywhiz said:
1. Budget : 90K to 110K (I need 2 TVs worth 90 to 110K each)

2. Viewing distance : 5 to 10 ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc : PS3, HD DTH, USB

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV : LED-LCD

5. Preference for brands: Samsung. Me and my family found Samsung LEDS having richer colours and sharper picture compared to comparables Sonys.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? : Yes

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room : Controllable

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc : 3D, DLNA..

Actually looking for a 55 inches model from either the 7, 8 or 9 series of Samsung. As the C series is going out of production, these TVs are seeming to go at amazing prices. The 9 series 55 incher was given away at 145K at a reliance digital in my city. So gray market prices should be considerably low plus I need 2 TVs of the same model.

Where would be the best place to buy? Im considering Chennai as it is near Visakhapatnam. I dont know if my city has a gray market :ashamed:

And what are the major differences and advantages between 7, 8 and 9 series except having inbuilt wireless LAN adapter?

Please advise me as soon as possible because Im in a hurry lest the stocks get over :ashamed:
Well with a budget like that i suggest you to wait for the D8000 its edge led based local dimming tv .
Or the Sony HX820 similar to D8000 but has Gorilla glass with opticontrast panel(minimize reflection).

For 2011 samsung has smart tv which can be loaded with various app,they also use higher refresh rate panels along with slightly better contrast.

Sony also use a higher refresh rate panel with higher contrast,but also have a newer processor especially the HX range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back