HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lg 32 le5500

Hey guys,

I've more or less decided what I'm gonna get, so I'd like your opinion on whether you think this a good deal. I'm picking up a 32" LED, the LG 32 LE5500. I'm getting it for 40k with a lg blu-ray player (lg bd550) thrown in. I can get the tv fro 36k without the blu-ray player if I so choose. What do you guys think of this deal - should I go for it?

Re: HDTV buying advice thread

I had made up my mind to buy the LA40C530. But when I stepped out to buy it today, was surprised to see that it was missing almost everywhere. Turns out Samsung have come out with the D series and I was introduced to the LA40D550 today. Does anyone have any idea about this one? Any review? Price? The dealer quoted a "best price" of 46,200.

^Seems pretty good. I think the D series is the 2011 version for the C550 save for a few minor changes perhaps in the bezel. I am sure the panel lottery still applies. Did you refer to the sticker on the side of the panel for what version of the panel it uses?

adder said:
Well with a budget like that i suggest you to wait for the D8000 its edge led based local dimming tv .

Or the Sony HX820 similar to D8000 but has Gorilla glass with opticontrast panel(minimize reflection).

For 2011 samsung has smart tv which can be loaded with various app,they also use higher refresh rate panels along with slightly better contrast.

Sony also use a higher refresh rate panel with higher contrast,but also have a newer processor especially the HX range.
But would I get these prices for the D8000 series 55 inchers? Im waiting like from 2 years for better models/prices and these prices are too tempting. Im only worried that the old stocks get over and the new series prices wouldnt stabilise which would lead to waiting till next april when the E series releases to buy these D series . Im waiting since too long to treat my eyes with some visual splendor.

adder said:
Well only sony knows when they will launch it,but they have so many other models launched so you may not see the 32" CX520 being launched.

Yes its no point spending 12k more for a EDGE LED.

Pls give your inputs on 2 things, IF Sony doesnt launch this particular model in India, then is it "OK" and "SAFE" to buy in grey mkt ? What if some problem crops up, will Sony India repair it taking the charges or will they wont touch it all together.

2nd, Can you suggest any other model across any brand which gives internet on tv along with skype, usb playback capabilities (sony has still limited though) as i will be watching dvd/brrips thru usb. For sony model i will need to convert mkv to avi, but i am ok with that. Lastly i need digital audio output as it will go into my harman/kardon theatre system for 5.1 effect.

Pls help,

Regards,

1. Budget.
50K (+-5)

2. Viewing distance.
8-10Ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.
USB/HD DTH/Home theatre

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
No preference

5. Preference for brands.
Samsung, LG, Sony

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
Enough light

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
Wifi...

I checked about refresh rate it seems with the viewing distance of 8-10ft refresh rate should be more any thougts?

pranaywhiz said:
But would I get these prices for the D8000 series 55 inchers? Im waiting like from 2 years for better models/prices and these prices are too tempting. Im only worried that the old stocks get over and the new series prices wouldnt stabilise which would lead to waiting till next april when the E series releases to buy these D series . Im waiting since too long to treat my eyes with some visual splendor.

The 55" will surely be above your budget be it the D8000 .Even a Sony EX720 which is the cheapest 55" with SPVA panel cost around anywhere between 95k to 1.2 lakh in grey market.
For your view distance is 5 feet i would probably get a 32" lcd,but if its 10 feet i would get a 46" lcd.
jdutt said:
Pls give your inputs on 2 things, IF Sony doesnt launch this particular model in India, then is it "OK" and "SAFE" to buy in grey mkt ? What if some problem crops up, will Sony India repair it taking the charges or will they wont touch it all together.

2nd, Can you suggest any other model across any brand which gives internet on tv along with skype, usb playback capabilities (sony has still limited though) as i will be watching dvd/brrips thru usb. For sony model i will need to convert mkv to avi, but i am ok with that. Lastly i need digital audio output as it will go into my harman/kardon theatre system for 5.1 effect.

Pls help,

Regards,
The only think you lack in the grey market is 1 year warranty.So if you put a good stabilizer like the V-guard Crystal Plus(which can handle a 65" lcd+mediaplayer/ps3 etc)you are safe.
Yes Sony india will do a paid service.

As far as media playback goes even the latest samsung tvs won't play every format especially in audio and its doesn't support some high bit rate videos.So its best to get a media player these days a good one costs as low as 3.7k.
Samsung tvs like sony support skype perhaps after installing the app ,but thats reserved only for the smart series which start with the series 5500 and upwards .

adder said:
The 55" will surely be above your budget be it the D8000 .Even a Sony EX720 which is the cheapest 55" with SPVA panel cost around anywhere between 95k to 1.2 lakh in grey market.

For your view distance is 5 feet i would probably get a 32" lcd,but if its 10 feet i would get a 46" lcd.

Im able to get the C series 3d in my price range but I dont know about the D8000. How much would it cost in the gray market approximately and will there be any price consideration considering I need two? BTW its MRP(not selling price) is 249000 in India. And are you the same adder from hifivision? Thanks.

Yes i am the same adder.
The 3d is said to be vastly improved in the D series.

The D8000 is the flaghsip model, a 55" will cost atleast around 1.90 lakh in grey market.
Even a 46" D7000 will cost around 1.30lakh in grey market.

PRM said:
1. Budget.
50K (+-5)

2. Viewing distance.
8-10Ft

USB/HD DTH/Home theatre

No preference

Samsung, LG, Sony

No

Enough light

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
Wifi...

I checked about refresh rate it seems with the viewing distance of 8-10ft refresh rate should be more any thougts?
The new launched samsung 40D550 should be a good choice,but samsung panel lottery applies.MRP is 51k.
The Sony CX520 should be another option if you consider buying in the grey market costs 42k.
Wifi is supported only if you their proprietary wifi dongle costs around 4k.

Adder bhai, have you seen cx520 series 32' or 40' in action how you find it vis a vis bravia engine lcd from Sony ?

Give your suggestions....was tempted to buy Samsung but dont wanna risk on their lottery system.

Regards,

Well i see negligence difference between the X-reality and BE3 in HD videos.
In SD content there is a noticeable difference but the difference is not as significant as BE2 to BE3 upgrade,but nevertheless any improvement is welcome.

adder said:
The new launched samsung 40D550 should be a good choice,but samsung panel lottery applies.MRP is 51k.

Is there any major improvement over 2010 model I am expecting audio return channel support in hdmi,5.1 audio in Digital Audio Out,improvement in picture clarity.

Its certainly looks better the news ones but that depends solely on the panel that i saw vs the panel in older 2010.I have no idea about HDMI audio 5.1/7.1 audio ,since i have no intrest in HT setups but rather only stereo.

1. Budget.

upto 20000

2. Viewing distance.

5-8 feets in clinic

airtel dth

led

lg or alike,dont want to get in pannel lottery systems.

no

well lit

comp. connectivity in future.

my dad wants tv in his consulting room.

viewing distance is around 5 feet approx.

he wants a not bright disaply.but i feel electricity savings will be good in case of led tv.

kindly suggest which will be best one to get.?

adder said:
Yes i am the same adder.
The 3d is said to be vastly improved in the D series.

The D8000 is the flaghsip model, a 55" will cost atleast around 1.90 lakh in grey market.
Even a 46" D7000 will cost around 1.30lakh in grey market.
Thanks for the help. Please tell me this:
Which is the best option to choose?:
1.55 inch C7000 or 55 inch C8000(gray or original)
2.46 inch D7000(gray or original)
3.Wait a while and get the 55 inch D8000(gray or original)(Though it is a bit hard to wait :) )
4. Any other option which gives all the features these TVs have plus the amazing picture quality on these.
Thanks again :)

pranaywhiz said:
Thanks for the help. Please tell me this:
Which is the best option to choose?:
1.55 inch C7000 or 55 inch C8000(gray or original)
2.46 inch D7000(gray or original)
3.Wait a while and get the 55 inch D8000(gray or original)(Though it is a bit hard to wait :) )
4. Any other option which gives all the features these TVs have plus the amazing picture quality on these.
Thanks again :)
For your viewing distance a 55" is a overkill and more over those models in this size is above your budget even in grey market.
A 46" D7000 or a Sony upcoming NX720/HX820 should be a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back