HDTV buying advice template

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HDTV buying advice thread

hi,

i need help regarding buying new lcd tv 32" full hd(1080p)

which is the best lcd available with good picture quality and best price?

i looked few of lg,samsung,sony but to confuse to choose.

also i am getting videocon VLL32FBA which is full hd for 21.5k but doubt if it is reliable and good as i have never bought videocon product before.

please suggest some good models.

it will be good if the tv has pc connectivety and dvi and usb post(the videocon doesnot have dvi and usb port but its the best for its price i have found)

^^ don,t buy videocon.

pls mention ur budget.

go to a nearest showroom and have a look at samsung c530/550 or lg 32ld460/550/630.

u should get all this lcd at or round rs 31000/-price point

@bh!4u said:
As given a reference to check the Version to infer which panel is present, I did not find the version i have "SP02" mentioned in Samsung LCD panel lottery post

"

Can somebody tell which panel corresponds to the version SP02 ??

Buddy, just go here: Panel Switching in Samsung TVs: What We Know So Far

There are several ways of knowing the panel shown on that page, you should be able to make out.

If the sticker at the rear of the TV doesn't help go to the service menu (switch off the TV and press Info, Menu, Mute, Power) to find out.

Don't touch any settings in the service menu!!

kestrel5915 said:
Buddy, just go here: Panel Switching in Samsung TVs: What We Know So Far

There are several ways of knowing the panel shown on that page, you should be able to make out.

If the sticker at the rear of the TV doesn't help go to the service menu (switch off the TV and press Info, Menu, Mute, Power) to find out.

Don't touch any settings in the service menu!!

@kestrel5915

Buddy the reference link helped me find out the Type using the hidden menu

Here is what i got TYPE-32S6AH0C

13032011802.jpg

Happy to know that i have a panel manufactured by SAMSUMG and its a S-PVA :)

Thx ..

malefic said:
^^ don,t buy videocon.

pls mention ur budget.

go to a nearest showroom and have a look at samsung c530/550 or lg 32ld460/550/630.

u should get all this lcd at or round rs 31000/-price point
thanks for replying my budget max is 25k.

is there any problem with videocon,please tell if so in detail

thanks more suggestions awaited

^There are no problems per se but the PQ would never be close to that of a Sony, Samsung, Panasonic LCD. No clue about the source of the panels and the reliability either. When you are willing to spend 25k, why not squeeze an additional 4~5k and get something better instead?

bennick12 said:
can anyone help me with the calibration settings for an samsung UA32c5000 LED..

I have a UA46B7000 LED backlit model and had earlier looked for the settings online.
I got these for mine:

1. From CNET:

tv%20claib%20CNET.jpg

2. From HDTV Test UK:

tv%20settings%20HDTV%20Test.jpg

I like the CNET ones more, although for me its only a slight difference.

Your model is different but the settings might be close to any of these.
I tried looking for your model but couldn't find the settings.

1. Budget: 40k - 45k

2. Viewing distance: 8 - 10 ft

3. Sources: HD-Rips either from DNLA or Network attached Media Player. Occasionally hooked up to a PC. May possibly hook up a PS3\X360 in the future, but unlikely.

4. LCD\LED\Plasma: LCD or Plasma

5. Preference for brands: None, as long as PQ is good.

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market: Yes, please feel free to suggest grey prices of more expensive TV's within my budget.

7. Ambient lighting: No direct source of light in the room. Only highly diffused, reflected light from a chute to the left and behind the TV. Minimal chance of reflections unless (white) lights are turned on. Not too concerned about this. Light is easily controlled in this room.

8. Additional Features: Nothing in particular apart from Full HD. If DLNA not present or less user friendly\flexible than a dedicated media player, I will pick the latter up.

I'm particularly interested in hearing the grey prices of various 40" screens and associated recommendations. Although I can easily fit in the 32" models in this budget, I'm interested in the real estate offered by a 40", but they seem to be tough to come by in this price bracket, hence the interest in the grey option.

@bh!4u said:
Help regarding the calibration settings for LA32B450 Samsung ??

Buddy simply use CNET, AVS Forums, HDTV TEST UK (or even Google) to find your settings.

But remember one thing that these settings always vary from room to room depending on the ambient lighting.

kestrel5915 said:
Buddy simply use CNET, AVS Forums, HDTV TEST UK (or even Google) to find your settings.
But remember one thing that these settings always vary from room to room depending on the ambient lighting.

Did not succeed to find on all the ones you mentioned even google, Most of them are generic and experimental :(

1. Budget: 40k -45k

2. Viewing distance:6-7 feet

3. Sources: PS3 and DTH

4. LCD\LED\Plasma: LCD /LED

5. Preference for brands: Sony,Samsung

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market:No

7. Additional Features:None

I am a bit skeptical about Samsung panel lottery thingy so specific model numbers would be helpful

1. Budget. Not greater than 65-70K. Lower the better.
2. Viewing distance. ~7-8 feet.
3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. Primarily .torrented movies / HD DTH (minimal viewing but will be connected) / My system via GPU -- for occasional gaming kicks.
4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. LCD/LED.
5. Preference for brands. Sony/LG.
6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? NO.
7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. Tube light on wall where it will be mounted. One tube opposite side wall. Chandelier + low light side lamps.
8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. Should have support for maximum number of movie formats.

Basically if I break down the usage of the new device it will be the following for me:

Movies (via USB only) : 85%
HD DTH : 10%
PC connected gaming : 5%

Keeping this in mind please suggest me the best option. I had a look at the Sony EX520 (40" - 68900) today. But the salesman told me it only support the .mpeg format. This is a bummer. Then I looked at the 42LG460 (40" - 49990) which seemed quite decent. This has more type of USB format support.

Am confused about LED/LCD big time. Is a good LED possible in this budget with 40" of real estate..?

The LG 42LD650 cost me ~65k, you can have a look at that too though i feel that the Samsung C630 is a better TV. Haven't compared the 530 though

1. Budget.up to 55000-60000
2. Viewing distance.5-8 feet
3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.---dth
4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. led tv
5. Preference for brands.phillips/lg
6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? no
7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.moderate to well lit room.
8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.hdd support.
hi guys,
i am looking at philips world cup offer which gives 4 yrs warrenty and 4 yrs of dth .
which model do i go for?
am confused about panel quality and want to know your view on philips.

kindly guide me.

Need suggestion regarding LCD's TV for my home.
I am getting it from Dubai, price is around 20 to 22k. I have read last few pages in this topic and finalized the below two
Samsung LA32C530 and LG 32LD650.
The above two models seems to be more or less same, but LG have the advantage of
1.TruMotion 200Hz over Samsung's 50 Hz Motion Plus
2.IPS - Advanced LCD Panel over samsung's panel lottery system
3.DLNA Certified
4.Costs 2.5k lesser.
I hate ghosting.
Just want to know which is better, will be buying in two days.
Thanks in advance.

Re: The "Help me buy an HDTV" thread!

1. Budget : 1 Lac

2. Viewing distance : 10 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc. : Airtel HD, PS3 and a Sony Bluray Player

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV. : Preferably LED

5. Preference for brands : Sony or LG

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market? : No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room. : Quite bright but can be controlled.

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc. : Confused a bit about 3D, but I don't think having it will make any difference to me. Not having it will be actually better.

9. Size : Considering 46-47". Might be a bit large, but still. Saw some 52-55", like LG Infinia, loved them, but I think they are a bit too big for 10 feet. Even 46" will be considered big for such viewing distance, but don't wanna go below this.

Also, I can wait a month before making a purchase. Although, it won't be preferred by my family, but it won't hurt as new models might appear. So if there is some particular model which is being launched and might interest me, I am willing to wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back