CPU/Mobo Ethernet Driver gets disabled during startup.

rads

Adept
Hi guys,

I im facing a strange problem. When ever i turn on my pc the Ethernet driver malfunctions and the device becomes non functional. ( like with out driver) but if i disable and re enable the device from device manager it starts working again.

It also gets solved if a reboot after turning on the pc,

i have tried many things, installed latest drivers and stuff. but no success.

Some one please help me with this ?

I am not sure but you can try this:

Go to the device driver Properties->Power Management->Uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"

Worked for me in similar but not exact situations...

Using Intel H67cl, which has a intel 82579v gbit adapter. running windows 7 ultimate[DOUBLEPOST=1382603204][/DOUBLEPOST] @imkaush Will let you know the result , thank you

Last edited:
Now this is totally weird. Anyways...

Firstly, when you re installed the drivers, when you removed the older drivers, did you delete them? When uninstalling, there is an option.

Secondly, try to reset the network interface using the netsh command, though am not sure it will do you a lot of good.

Finally, check if you have disabled any services by any chance.

What is the error message?

Before you fix it, check the error message in the Device Manager/Properties, the very first page.

Also check your Event log and see if there are any entries pertaining to a device malfunction (there will be). Post the text of that as well.

Lastly, check BIOS to see if LAN boot ROM is enabled.

Now this is totally weird. Anyways...

Firstly, when you re installed the drivers, when you removed the older drivers, did you delete them? When uninstalling, there is an option.

Secondly, try to reset the network interface using the netsh command, though am not sure it will do you a lot of good.

Finally, check if you have disabled any services by any chance.

I use revo uninstaller , which deletes all the stuff like registry and files

About the "netsh" command , what command do i give after the sub prompt ?

I am pretty sure i did not do any system changes recently, the issue just popped up and now i am noticing random connection drops as well ( to router that is )[DOUBLEPOST=1382629169][/DOUBLEPOST]@imkaush Your trick did not work mate, thanks anyway.[DOUBLEPOST=1382630379][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is the error message?

Before you fix it, check the error message in the Device Manager/Properties, the very first page.

Also check your Event log and see if there are any entries pertaining to a device malfunction (there will be). Post the text of that as well.

Lastly, check BIOS to see if LAN boot ROM is enabled.

Attachments

• lan-prob.PNG
    lan-prob.PNG
    29.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I im facing a strange problem. When ever i turn on my pc the Ethernet driver malfunctions and the device becomes non functional. ( like with out driver) but if i disable and re enable the device from device manager it starts working again.

It also gets solved if a reboot after turning on the pc,

i have tried many things, installed latest drivers and stuff. but no success.

Some one please help me with this ?

I ran into a similar but not exactly the same problem sometime ago, where my NIC would be disabled on boot. Tried various things like replacing NIC's, LAN cables etc. until I finally figured it might be a problem with the ports on the router. Replaced the five year old router with a new one and that was the end of the problem. Your problem might be different but you could try swapping out your router by borrowing another one that is confirmed working and seeing if that fixes the issue.

Code:
netsh int ip reset
- that is the code, but not so sure whether it would work.

I dont see why to use Revo to uninstall drivers. Programs, yes, drivers - I would prefer to remove them by the inbuilt utility in Device Manager.

Apart from that, I assume you have ticked off the boxes about the LAN cable being an issue and same for the router? Used another cable or with other ports/router.

Anyways, I feel it is the services thing, because something has gone from automatic to manual. So when you re enable the driver, that service is also manually enabled and does not autostart. Also, might be some program which is playing hard to get. Ill look into this.

@vivek.krishnan Revo is great man, it does not force anything , it simply launches the program uninstaller , and then provides the option to remove the leftover files and entries.

The router should not be the issue, i have other devices connected without any issues, i even swapped the eth port with another one.
Its Asus N16 BTW.

i am going to try my usb lan adapter , lets see how that goes ( if i can find it :p )

Have you tried reinstalling the O/s ?. Might sound irrelevant, but this is the final resort. If issue persists, then the network adapter might be faulty.

Have you tried reinstalling the O/s ?. Might sound irrelevant, but this is the final resort. If issue persists, then the network adapter might be faulty.

thats my last resort[DOUBLEPOST=1382775369][/DOUBLEPOST]well i have installed a usb ethernet adapter , which seems to working fine.

so what do i do now ?

Last edited:
If you are OK with the US ethernet adapter, you can continue to use that.
Just because your USB ethernet adapter is working fine, it doesnt mean that the drivers for your onboard NIC is fine.
Or try installing O/s in a different partition from within the existing O/s and check the adapter..

Live cd of what ?
Definitely a software issue , the thing about hardware is they either work or they dont... no middle :(

What is the connection status of the hardware when the device does not start?

There are two lights at the RJ45 jack. One is a steady LED to indicate link speed and the second is a data transmission acknowledgement LED. What is the colour and state of the two lights - blinking/steady/colour? Does the router show any data activity on the connected port, and what is the state of the port indicator LED on the router?

One more thing to try is once you start the computer (with the malfunction), disable and re-enable the device. Does it initialise correctly or not?

Is the LAN card sharing any resources with other devices?

This doesn't seem like a hardware issue at all. If you face this problem only on cold boot it is an initialisation issue with the driver.

What is the connection status of the hardware when the device does not start?

There are two lights at the RJ45 jack. One is a steady LED to indicate link speed and the second is a data transmission acknowledgement LED. What is the colour and state of the two lights - blinking/steady/colour? Does the router show any data activity on the connected port, and what is the state of the port indicator LED on the router?
Green LED steady, orange LED Off.

One more thing to try is once you start the computer (with the malfunction), disable and re-enable the device. Does it initialise correctly or not?
Yes it does, or even a reboot resolves the issue.

Is the LAN card sharing any resources with other devices?
How would this work ? I am not aware of any sharing.

This doesn't seem like a hardware issue at all. If you face this problem only on cold boot it is an initialisation issue with the driver.

Have you faced such an issue ?

Back