English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

i strongly recommend trying out sleeper cell. it's a showtime series (same network that produces weeds, dexter etc.) so it's quality guaranteed. 2 seasons, 18 episodes long... like the name suggests, it's the story of islamic terrorist sleeper cells and how a muslim, african american fbi agent infiltrates them. even though it deals with the concept of islam and terrorism, it's nothing like 24... this is real, throught provoking and quite terrifying. it raises lots of questions... sometimes you're forced to think who is right and who is wrong, and it's never black and white. seriously good show.

IMDB - Sleeper Cell (2005)

sleepercell.jpg

Party Monger said:
They ****ing cancelled Terminator..**** you fox, **** you

Just finished watching that series. You hyped up the last episodes a bit too much imo.

47Shailesh said:
Just finished watching Day Break a tv series of it's own kind.

It's quite a decent thriller, a plot around a Detective who is framed in a murder of DA. Lives the day over and over again and tries to protect his gf and clear his charges.

On the other hand the precedent advantage that detective has fades the thrill, like the 'save game'/snapshot, you can always come back in case your x moves fails.

Must say it certainly pulls your attention; finished it in two days.
Thanks to dipen for recommending :)

Next series in queue LOST S01

Arre but it opens different facets or situations to the people or his surroundings ;) The one with similar man.. and so on..

CHANGES as they mentioned in it :p . Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the show - Moon Bloodgood is sexy as usual and acting of Hopper is amazing..

One moron character from Chuck is also there :rofl:

spindoctor said:
i'm positive.
Sweet. I completed watching it's final episode. Loved it. Wish Michael would have told Holly about his feelings. They seem like a perfect match. :p

Hate the whole Pam-Jim engaged thing. :no:

Every freaking good TV show is coming to an end now. The Big Bang Theory & The Mentalist ended with their seasons as well. :mad:

Party Monger said:
They ****ing cancelled Terminator..**** you fox, **** you

Given the kind of diehard fan you have been of the show, we can certainly excuse 2 seasons of mediocrity -a few episodes, overlook the fact that the show was so boring that the watchers actually were contemplating leaving the show mid season (this speaks volumes), and the low ratings.....
Still, a completely stupid move from Fox. They had the chance to air the most thrilling episode in a lot of 20 boring episodes comprising a season, and they squandered it.
atish said:
Boston Legal, The beauty and the geek :)

Boston Legal +1

+1 for Boston Legal.
I think it's the only drama show which has remained consistently good over 4 seasons. Haven't seen season 5 yet.

Hasnt anybody seen or heard of The Big Bang Theory?! :O

Honestly, its the best show I've seen till date (and no, it's not a documentary but a sitcom :p )

It revolves around scientists, who try and make sense of the world around them as they game, mod, conduct experiments and drive others crazy :D

On air on Zee Cafe on Thursaday nights at 9.00 (or, as on torrent-freak, it's one of the most pirated TV series after Lost ;) )

Or Even Boston Legal would be a good watch :)

thewisecrab said:

Honestly, its the best show I've seen till date (and no, it's not a documentary but a sitcom :p )

It revolves around scientists, who try and make sense of the world around them as they game, mod, conduct experiments and drive others crazy :D

On air on Zee Cafe on Thursaday nights at 9.00 (or, as on torrent-freak, it's one of the most pirated TV series after Lost ;) )

I, myself, am a fan of this show. It has been very consistent with it's humour. Although the season finale episode wasn't quite upto the mark. The episodes which were unforgettably hilarious in season 2, for me, were: The Terminator Decoupling (Episode 17), The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition (Episode 19) & The Vegas Renormalization (Episode 21).

These were the cream of the crop in the second season. The part I usually wait for the most is when Howard & his mother start arguing. It's an absolute treat. :rofl:

Hope the show get renewed for another season (and another).

thewisecrab said:

Or Even Boston Legal would be a good watch :)
If you had bothered to read through the entire thread , you would realize that the big bang theory has been mentioned quite a few times

The Big Bang Theory isn't much funny at all tbh. S1 felt fresh since it was new, but S2 is simply more of the same and isn't really going anywhere.

Also none of the characters are likeable except for Howard. He basically steals the show.
Sheldon and Leonard are just annoying.

Ethan_Hunt said:
I, myself, am a fan of this show. It has been very consistent with it's humour. Although the season finale episode wasn't quite upto the mark. The episodes which were unforgettably hilarious in season 2, for me, were: The Terminator Decoupling (Episode 17), The Dead Hooker Juxtaposition (Episode 19) & The Vegas Renormalization (Episode 21).

These were the cream of the crop in the second season. The part I usually wait for the most is when Howard & his mother start arguing. It's an absolute treat. :rofl:

Hope the show get renewed for another season (and another).

yep i agree, the last couple of months of the second season were the best (episode 15 onwards approximately).

the show was among the first to be renewed for season 3 :D

saumilsingh said:
The Big Bang Theory isn't much funny at all tbh. S1 felt fresh since it was new, but S2 is simply more of the same and isn't really going anywhere.

Also none of the characters are likeable except for Howard. He basically steals the show.

Are you serious? Sheldon is probably one of the best character you will ever encounter in a comdey show. And Penny is currently the second hottest chick in a TV show after Sarah of Chuck. Leonard is boring and Koothrapalli very inconsistent. Howard is strictly ok. If it was not for sheldon and penny this show would have failed miserably.

The part I usually wait for the most is when Howard & his mother start arguing.

For me its the interaction between Penny and Sheldon. Those 2 have awesome chemistry.

saumilsingh said:

Hmm, I dont agree, infact I find the show much better the HYIM...

Partly due the fact all of them are trekkies too :p, but the intermingling of science in the humor is awesome, another show which tries to it "better off ted" falls flat...

guys check out southland, its a new police crime drama

very well acted by everyone

m0h1t said:
guys check out southland, its a new police crime drama
very well acted by everyone

southland was average/decent but the first season ended with episode 7 wtf. that's barely enough time to build up the characters.

I think it got halted at ep7 probably cuz the series renewals coming in between..

nonetheless it got renewed...

oh come on it was better than avg, also can we rename the thread to "TV series discussion" or something

mid season shows are usually shorter, but even they last 10-13 episodes or so. southland was just way too short.

i really did think it was just about average. pretty gritty and realistic, but they didn't have enough time to flesh out the characters. there was an episode in which the 2 cops (the rookie and the guy with the drug problem) were missing altogether, which was pretty strange. otherwise i thought the characters were pretty one dimensional... right at the end of the 7th episode, i wasn't even shocked or taken aback by what happened. it was like... "ok, big deal. so what?". no emotional investment with the characters does that.

Back