English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

i hate this week. so many season finales, so many cliffhangers. and then nothing to do but wait 6 months. bah :(

Some good TV series to watch:-

BattleStar Galactica - For Sci Fi fans involving a lot of philosophy with great space visuals and an amazing storyline. The best TV series ever. period!
Storyline involves the battle between humans and ceylons (robots). The ceylons have evolved to a stage that they cant be distinguished from humans and are on a spree to make humans extinct destroying all the human colonies. The surviving humans of the holocaust are on a mission to find the mythical planet earth.
Dexter - Amazing TV series based on the book Darkly dreaming dexter by Jeff Lindsay of a serial killer who kills other serial killers and works in the Miami forensics dept. Excellent one especially seasons 1 and 2.

Rome - Great TV series from HBO with an excellent cast and good storyline. Bewarned though that it contains a lot of gore/nudity and some profanity. Pity that it was discontinued after season 2 due to a high production cost but still really worth watching.
Storyline is around the period of Julius Caesar rule involving a lot of power politics and war.

Deadwood - Another amazing TV series from HBO but with huge amounts of profanity. Superb one indeed and again as similar to Rome was discontinued after season 3. But with an excellent cast and some superb acting this is one must series especially if you are a fan of the wild west timeline!

Bluffmaster said:
^Was the story of deadwood concluded before its discontinuation?

It was 'concluded' but there were a few plots open still as the intention was to go more seasons. I guess near the end only did they learn that it was to be concluded and hence they ended the TV series. Pity! :(

But for excellent characters and dialogues, this show is a must see!! :cool2:

Alias said:
Some good TV series to watch:-

BattleStar Galactica - For Sci Fi fans involving a lot of philosophy with great space visuals and an amazing storyline. The best TV series ever. period!
Storyline involves the battle between humans and ceylons (robots). The ceylons have evolved to a stage that they cant be distinguished from humans and are on a spree to make humans extinct destroying all the human colonies. The surviving humans of the holocaust are on a mission to find the mythical planet earth.
Dexter - Amazing TV series based on the book Darkly dreaming dexter by Jeff Lindsay of a serial killer who kills other serial killers and works in the Miami forensics dept. Excellent one especially seasons 1 and 2.

Rome - Great TV series from HBO with an excellent cast and good storyline. Bewarned though that it contains a lot of gore/nudity and some profanity. Pity that it was discontinued after season 2 due to a high production cost but still really worth watching.
Storyline is around the period of Julius Caesar rule involving a lot of power politics and war.

Deadwood - Another amazing TV series from HBO but with huge amounts of profanity. Superb one indeed and again as similar to Rome was discontinued after season 3. But with an excellent cast and some superb acting this is one must series especially if you are a fan of the wild west timeline!
Added all to my watch list, the brief explanation really helped..i've watched Dexter though..

Alias said:
It was 'concluded' but there were a few plots open still as the intention was to go more seasons. I guess near the end only did they learn that it was to be concluded and hence they ended the TV series. Pity! :(

But for excellent characters and dialogues, this show is a must see!! :cool2:

The ending was pretty anti-climatic. I started getting bored by the last season.

chiron said:
The ending was pretty anti-climatic. I started getting bored by the last season.

Well i agree the ending wasnt its best points and then cant expect much when it was intended to be a longer series. But its worth watching just for the performance of Ian McShane! Man, that guy was awesome in the series!

Anyone every saw a show named Daybreak

It was my absolute favourite.. You guys might wanna checkout its Pilot.. And If it clicks with you then then the show just gets better and better ;)

The series stars Taye Diggs as Detective Brett Hopper, who is framed for the murder of Assistant District Attorney Alberto Garza. Due to a time loop, Hopper lives the same day over and over. The series revolves around his attempt to solve the mystery of the murder, and find out who is behind the conspiracy to frame him.

Detective Brett Hopper is having a really bad day. He has been framed for murdering ADA Alberto Garza. He has an alibi, but no one will believe him. He wakes up one morning to realize he is reliving the same day over and over again. To stop this cycle and return to a normal life, he must find out who has framed him.

Its DVDRip was out last year...

^I thought season 3 was solid, there were a few filler episodes and the finale felt kind of rushed, but overall I felt it was a really good season, besides, Liz Lemon is one of the most endearing characters on screen IMO.

Did you guys watched the season 8 finale of Scrubs. Too much Senti man.
I almost cried. Scrubs was really nice.:missyou:

log 1 = 0 said:
Anyone every saw a show named Daybreak

It was my absolute favorite.. You guys might wanna checkout its Pilot.. And If it clicks with you then then the show just gets better and better ;)
its DVDRip was out last year...
Already in my queue.

Have been watching Psych these days, and seriously it's killing my time; hope it will get better.
For now Psych is no where near to intelligent script/comedy but it surely is irritating.

I have both Pysch and Monk as my backup for rainy day.. Don't feel like watching it right now... ;)

ATM desp waiting for 9 PM.. So that i can d/l PB Finale :D

Seriosly.. Been following it Every Tuesday for 4 yrs :|

Even when i had crappy 64k connection...

Back