English TV series discussion

spindoctor

Skilled
Feb 19, 2006
Re: Please suggest an english TV series

manu1991 said:
Ive already seen Its Always Sunny .... , although i felt that the first two seasons were way better than 3 and 4 , the last episode of season 4 was great though

yep philly goes downhill in the later seasons.

spindoctor

Skilled
Feb 19, 2006

blu_6779 said:
anyone catch the Caprica pilot?

i started watching it but stopped after about 10-15 mins. the whole club scene somehow reminded me of that retarded rave scene from matrix revolutions and it was just cheesy as hell. i'll give it another shot some other time when i have nothing better to do.

blu_6779

Disciple
Mar 28, 2007

lol that was what I thought too, but the rest of it I thought was great. some kind of terminator meets some dark japanese cgi anime... i'm hooked :D.

stormblast

Skilled
Mar 27, 2005

manu1991 said:
Ive already seen Its Always Sunny .... , although i felt that the first two seasons were way better than 3 and 4 , the last episode of season 4 was great though

spindoctor said:
yep philly goes downhill in the later seasons.

well season 1 & 2 will always be classic. but season 3 & 4 also bring something different & the wildcard episode in season 4 was brilliant.

'dennis - why are the brakes not working'
'charlie - cause i cut the brakes, WILDCARD b**chES YEEEEHAAAA'

satanheart

Disciple
Sep 17, 2007

How good is dexter? Heard a lot about it. what is it about? and why does it have a cartoon's name?

spindoctor

Skilled
Feb 19, 2006

manu1991 said:
The last episode of this season for TBBT was nice

North Pole baby :eek:hyeah:

pretty good finale (bazinga!!) and the season was good too, especially the last couple of months. jim parsons did a wonderful job as sheldon. sadly no more kaley cuoco till next fall :(

edit : in case anyone is interested, the big bang theory characters are on twitter. it's not the real actors, just some writers i assume. but some of the updates are just hilarious, totally in character with the show.

twitter.com/sheldoncooper

twitter.com/pennyin4B

twitter.com/leonardhofstadt

twitter.com/wolowizard

twitter.com/TheRaj

stormblast

Skilled
Mar 27, 2005

satanheart said:
How good is dexter? Heard a lot about it. what is it about? and why does it have a cartoon's name?

very good show. the show is about a person called dextor who is a forensic blood expert in the police department & he is also a serial killer.

season 1 was very good.

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
May 12, 2005
Bombay

stormblast said:
the show is about a person called dextor who is a forensic blood expert in the police department & he is also a serial killer.
Who's Dextor? ;)

dipen01

Skilled
Aug 14, 2005

^
IMO Season 2 was better than Season 1...

S3, they ruined it...

spindoctor

Skilled
Feb 19, 2006

log 1 = 0 said:
^
IMO Season 2 was better than Season 1...

S3, they ruined it...

s3 wasn't bad, it was just different from the other 2. what made s3 was the changing relationships between dexter and miguel prado. the actual serial killer (skinner) wasn't as important as he has been in the other seasons. also, i miss doakes. he was f*ckin awesome!

dipen01

Skilled
Aug 14, 2005

^^
I never actually liked character of Prado.. I actually watched another series named Cane in which Prado was lead.. So after that series, that character didnt really clicked...

Though they were successful in makin it thrilling for last 2-3 eps..

SharekhaN

Skilled
Aug 2, 2006

Did anyone catch the House season 5 finale.
Damn, it was genius to the point of creepy.

Poor House losing his mind :(

spindoctor

Skilled
Feb 19, 2006

just finished watching the first and only season of point pleasant. from the description on imdb -

The peaceful existence the small seaside community of Point Pleasant, New Jersey changes forever when a young teenage girl, named Christina Nickson (Elisabeth Harnois), is rescued from the ocean by local lifeguard Jesse Parker (Sam Page) and brought to the home of local doctor Ben Kramer (Richard Burgi). The Kramers, including Ben's wife Meg (Susan Walters) and daughter Judy (Aubrey Dollar), take an instant liking to Christina and invite her to stay with them as she searches for clues to her past and attempts to find her mother; a Point Pleasant native whom Christina never knew. Christina is unaware of the profound effect she has on the town's inhabitants; her presence awakens repressed feelings, unlocks secret desires and heightens emotions. Tensions flare between Jesse, who finds himself inexplicably drawn to Christina, and his best friend Terry (Brent Weber), who secretly lusts after Jesse's possessive girlfriend Paula (Cameron Richardson). Paula's devious, hot-to-trot mother Amber (Dina Meyer) attempts to rekindle her relationship with the good Dr. Kramer. Also, long-buried secrets kept by Jesse's parents, the domineering and hot-tempered police captain Logan (Alex Carter) and the God-fearing Sarah (Clare Carey), begin to surface, especially when the mysterious and charismatic Lucus Boyd (Grant Show) arrives and insinuates himself into Christina's new life.

basically, it's a teen horror/supernatural show... along the lines of buffy and stuff. not great, but it's only 13 episodes and worth watching if you have nothing else better.

starting on a show called sleeper cell next.

chiron

Skilled
Feb 8, 2006

I would like make a mention of Homicide again. It took a while to really pick up interest(I'm on 3rd season) but the past few episodes have been incredible. It it definitely deserves a lot more fans here than it has got.