English TV series discussion

Re: Please suggest an english TV series

log 1 = 0 said:
In case of Daybreak, From what i think,

1) Day did not change because something was out of line and so even after killing of Garza's muderers something was missing. (Thats when Hopper flips out and goes for vacations) so It seems he was suppose to CHANGE the day and as he was successful in CHANGING the day, finally there was a new day.

2) Other guys was just shown for the sake of plot. Midseason everyone starts feeling that what if it was just an illusion, so sorta twist or new story or something. Just to show that plots were interconnected. Also even Jared seems to be looking for someone i.e the doctor who presumably killed his brother. But after Hopper helps him through, may be something changed for him.

I was actually hoping for the 2nd season as they had left the ending with a twist as in the Detective goes missing, a decent plot could be made out of that opening. But anyways maybe I wanted it too bad.

Fact : This series was cancelled after 6 episodes ;). After 3-4 months rest of eps were aired as webisodes online. And finally after more than 2yrs DVD came out.

yea i realize that the show got cancelled so getting closure on all the plot threads isn't possible. it's a shame really, they had some really good writing. there was another point that wasn't explained properly...
while hopper was going through his day, he was changing it for some others too. right at the beginning his partner andrea didn't trust him too much but after one day after he helped her with the eddie situation, the next morning she woke up and said something was different and convinced eddie to go to rehab. somehow he changed something for her. near the end of the show, on the last day they were in mexico, he told rita everything and said that he was bored of coming to that beach. she got angry with him and the next day when she woke up, she said something was different with him and the man she slept with the night before was not the one she woke up with. after she started calling chad every morning. so somehow, hopper was changing the day for others as well... this was never explained. any theories?

stormblast said:
no offense or disrespect. but frankly speaking you need to grow up to enjoy its always sunny. atleast cross the age of 20. hehe
Yep. The show appears retarded on face but infact it's damn smart-stupid humour. Same as what Seinfeld was (real situational comedy).

Sunny in Philly is the funniest show on TV right now. Way better than all those colourful and pretty-to-look-at sitcoms who only thrive on going from one punchline to the next no matter how weak and then simply que the canned laughter.

The Nightman cometh lol.

Hmm I need to get hold of Sunny in.... if you guys are saying its like Seinfeld :)

Entourage somehow wasnt too interested, and californication seems more like a soft pron show :p

Any of you guys watching Lie to me, its pretty engaging..

Aces170 said:
Hmm I need to get hold of Sunny in.... if you guys are saying its like Seinfeld :)
A word of caution though, don't go in expecting Seinfeld.
It's exactly what the IMDB tagline says it is - Seinfeld on crack.

For me "Sunny in" really took off in the second season when Danny de vito joined the show. He sure is a comedy legend. The thing I like the most about the show is that it takes a realistic look at life. And must I say the acting is brilliant. These actors should definitely be paid more imo.

Imo, the show could've done without Danny.
Even though the show's quality wasn't really affected because of him, I for some reason can't stand him in this show. Maybe because he is a known face among the others which are unknown and come of as real people.

Ok guys, went throguh the last few pages and, Sunny in Phily is an awesome show, without the laugh track its even better, adds to the sense of timing and the comedy itself.

If you liked that you should try Arrested Development, simply brilliant, I simply can figure out why the hell they discontinued it!!...

I got Curb Your Enthusiasm on someones reco from this thread and I must say its simply hilarious!!!! Larry David cant act, but its absolutely awesome!!

Jasku said:
I got Curb Your Enthusiasm on someones reco from this thread and I must say its simply hilarious!!!! Larry David cant act, but its absolutely awesome!!

in case you didn't know, curb is almost 100% ad lib. the cast are given general scripts for the episode but onscreen the dialogue is totally improvised. that's why it might seem like they're struggling for words sometimes or that they're not acting the way one would expect them to.

Jasku said:
Ok guys, went throguh the last few pages and, Sunny in Phily is an awesome show, without the laugh track its even better, adds to the sense of timing and the comedy itself.

If you liked that you should try Arrested Development, simply brilliant, I simply can figure out why the hell they discontinued it!!...

Might not always work :p I liked Arrested but not Always Sunny in Phiyl

^How many episodes did you watch of sunny? Its takes time to warm up to that show. Took me the entire first season to get accustomed to it.

First 5 if im not wrong. Hadnt downloaded any more.Should I try the first season whole l?

The first season has only 7 episodes. But as I said earlier, it gets better from Season 2. Watch the 1st and 2nd season continuously. I am sure you will get hooked to it. :)

Upon recommendation from various members, I gave Chuck a try. I loved it. Watched the first 2 seasons on the trot and I am really happy that the show got renewed. Infact I was surprised that they were even thinking to discontinue it. Best thing about chuck is that it never gets boring and is highly entertaining. Yvone alone makes it worth watching. Although the concept is a little childish but who cares as long as its keeping me entertained.

I hope someday an Indian spin-off of Chuck is made featuring Katrina Kaif as the lead spy. :D

spindoctor said:
in case you didn't know, curb is almost 100% ad lib. the cast are given general scripts for the episode but onscreen the dialogue is totally improvised. that's why it might seem like they're struggling for words sometimes or that they're not acting the way one would expect them to.

i dint know that, and that makes the show all the more hilarious, seriously man totally love it!!

Bluffmaster said:
Upon recommendation from various members, I gave Chuck a try. I loved it. Watched the first 2 seasons on the trot and I am really happy that the show got renewed. Infact I was surprised that they were even thinking to discontinue it. Best thing about chuck is that it never gets boring and is highly entertaining. Yvone alone makes it worth watching. Although the concept is a little childish but who cares as long as its keeping me entertained.

I hope someday an Indian spin-off of Chuck is made featuring Katrina Kaif as the lead spy. :D

same here bluffy, I got Chuck courtesy of this thread, think it was floccy that suggested, it is thoroughly entertaining, im like into season 2 E4, and I started like a couple days back!!!...and again did feel at one point, like wat the hell this is so immature, but couldnt stop the story keeps getting interesting, I really want Yvone and Zack to hook up in the show that is :bleh: ...o and Sarah Lancaster is way hotter/prettier, but they dont portray her that way. Yvone is there just to flaunt her bod, but I am not complaining!

Bottom line its great entertainment at the end of the day, and I am extremely please it has been renewed for another season!

@Ambar, Philly does take time, but it will grow on you, I had same thing with Arrested Development.

Another one of my favourite shows - Raising the Bar(Courtroom Drama) is starting its Season 2 from June 8.. :clap:

Anyone who followed it during Season - 1 ?

Back