Courier Service Feedback

Yep,I guess you are almost right.
Not all and not every time.
First time got something through gati.
Got a book from Mumbai(Amazon) through Gati and they took only two days.
Though courier guy was not happy and was complaining that this is not his area and they don't deliver here.

3 days already passes still DTDC are attempting to deliver.
Distance between DTDC main office in Kolkata and my house only 4-5km.
Every time same DTDC courier guy came by bicycle and always after dark and never at day light.

Yep,I guess you are almost right.
Not all and not every time.
First time got something through gati.
Got a book from Mumbai(Amazon) through Gati and they took only two days.
Though courier guy was not happy and was complaining that this is not his area and they don't deliver here.

3 days already passes still DTDC are attempting to deliver.
Distance between DTDC main office in Kolkata and my house only 4-5km.
Every time same DTDC courier guy came by bicycle and always after dark and never at day light.
Must be doing night duty ;);) after his day duty at some other place .......

Got my item yesterdays neat 7PM.
And that same DTDC courier guy came by bicycle.
BTW,this guy delivered my first item from online shop and it was 3 and half years before. :p

Guys I went to courier a router today from bang to mum...the dtdc guy looked at the package and said that electronic items are not allowed...

how to send electronic items then?

^ electronics allowed... Just parcel it up and stick a paper saying "disclaimer: this parcel has a non working router being sent for servicing purpose. Net worth: 200rs" and take it to him again.

Someone help me with Speedpost problem.
My last 2 couriers from Vancl(clothing brand based in China) never reached me in the past few months and I filed a complaint on speedpost website but never got any reply or acknowledgement from them of any kind.
Now this time, I went to my Bank about 3-4 weeks ago to get a new cheque book and waited for it to be delivered to my home. After not getting my cheque book even now, and as I had some free time today, I went to the bank and found out that the person who was to deliver the envelope to me wrote on it that "NO SUCH PERSON EXISTS". How do I find that m*****fuc**ng postman and who is responsible for all this mess? Where to complain so that they change their methods or fire him and it would be just awesome if they apologize to me too?

Someone help me with Speedpost problem.
My last 2 couriers from Vancl(clothing brand based in China) never reached me in the past few months and I filed a complaint on speedpost website but never got any reply or acknowledgement from them of any kind.
Now this time, I went to my Bank about 3-4 weeks ago to get a new cheque book and waited for it to be delivered to my home. After not getting my cheque book even now, and as I had some free time today, I went to the bank and found out that the person who was to deliver the envelope to me wrote on it that "NO SUCH PERSON EXISTS". How do I find that m*****fuc**ng postman and who is responsible for all this mess? Where to complain so that they change their methods or fire him and it would be just awesome if they apologize to me too?
International parcels without tracking number from china are notoriously known never to reach india.

Who knows if they actually sent it or not.

Summary: Received wrong monitor model from eBay. Sent it back, seller sent a new one. Both are blocked at BlueDart office.

I ordered a 24 inch 18000 Rs monitor from eBay 3 weeks back. It was sent through BlueDart to my Kerala address. My parents received it after about 8 days (let me call this monitor 1). Once opened, they found out it was a different model. The seller had sent us a model that was 4000 Rs. lesser than what I ordered. We contacted the seller, who said it was sent by mistake. He said their warehouse guy picked up a 24 inch monitor without checking the model number. The seller asked us to send him back the monitor and agreed to sent a new one.

Two days later, he gave us a new BlueDart tracking number which is supposed to be the correct model (let me call this monitor 2). We also sent 'monitor 1' back. After 5 days, when I checked the tracking status, 'monitor 2's' status was "Detained By Regulatory Authorities:Shipper/Consignee Informed Vide Letter". 'Monitor 1's' return status was 'Contact Customer Service'.

So, my parents contacted BlueDart. They said both monitors are in their Cochin (Kerala) warehouse. They said since neither of them had bills, they cannot send it. The eBay seller says he included all the necessary papers while sending 'monitor 2'. BlueDart says they don't have any paper, and that may be the excise officers at Kerala checkpost might have taken them. Because of this, BlueDart is refusing to sent back 'monitor 2' neither to the seller nor to us. They are asking us to pay the tax (which according to them is 7200 Rs!) and take the paper to their Cochin office to get 'monitor 2' released.

For monitor 1, they have agreed to sent it back to the courier office near our home so that we can take it back.

Do you think I am being scammed here? What are my options to get it resolved? I have raised a claim in eBay. Unfortunately, 'monitor 1's' original tracking status shows that my dad received it. So, I am not sure if eBay will agree to my side of the story. Please give me your suggestions.

Last edited:
If in case Ebay doesnt resolve this issue ( I have doubts if they will ):

You should take back monitor 1 just so you have some upper hand or you might lose money on this deal.
Ask the seller to email / courier ( preferable ) you bills & paperwork again ( which they can do ) for both monitors. Then take those papers to bluedart.
Ask them to deal with the excise dept as its not your job in this case. If the seller sent the papers and whoever took away those papers, its the courier company who has to recover it. Courier companies have multiple copies and dont work with a single copy challan, invoice etc.
Once you submit papers, you wont have to pay tax.
Take possession of monitor 2 and then courier back monitor 1.

The bluedart assholes are screwing with you. I don't know why bluedart Kerala is by far the most expensive, and the most retarded service I ever encountered. 80% of my bluedart courier had some issues. Always. Never its been sellers fault by theirs.
You have no idea how many times they have send back the item without even calling me once. Status will be customer not available. I mean WTF?. 4 numbers and 24*7 office address. How the f**k I am not available? Do you know that I avoided a brilliant 37" LED deal just coz the seller said only will ship through bluedart. Coz 110% sure, for that awesome deal it will be the most harrowing experience of my life through these dickwads. I truly, truly hate them.

And do you know what the icing was for me once? 2 months or so before I was at their office, yelling at them for not calling me and asking before returning the item. It was from snapdeal. He was like we called you not available and all those things.
I asked him how is 3 mobile number and 1 land line not available? and a technopark 24*7 office address as not available. Then the tune changed and he was gleeing at me. Not kidding. It was like 4 or 5 pm. Then, one of their staff came in to talk to him.
The new guy said to him we had a NBD(Next Business Day) delivery item, it was not delivered today as it wasn't sorted properly. The guy I was talking to said to him," Deliver it tmrw, update as customer not available". I was like WTF?. I mean WHAT THE F**K???.

I wanted to shove a stick up his ass. I did. Call me gay, but yes. I wanted to. I just came out of the place. I just did.

So many ordeals I remember with these guys. Only twice did I had a nice transition. Which I think was coz the package was huge and heavy. APC UPS&Extra Battery and my cosmos case.

Mods, Pardon my language. Remove if necessary. But those guys are retards.

@m-jeri
This is the last time I am ordering something through courier. Never again except may be Fedex.

If in case Ebay doesnt resolve this issue ( I have doubts if they will ):
You should take back monitor 1 just so you have some upper hand or you might lose money on this deal.
Ask the seller to email / courier ( preferable ) you bills & paperwork again ( which they can do ) for both monitors. Then take those papers to bluedart.
Ask them to deal with the excise dept as its not your job in this case. If the seller sent the papers and whoever took away those papers, its the courier company who has to recover it. Courier companies have multiple copies and dont work with a single copy challan, invoice etc.
Once you submit papers, you wont have to pay tax.
Take possession of monitor 2 and then courier back monitor 1.

Thanks. I will tell my parents to keep monitor 1. The seller said he will contact BlueDart on Tuesday. Going to BlueDart Cochin office is a problem because its almost 6 hours drive from my home, and my dad was already not happy with me ordering an expensive monitor. :)

Are courier companies legally required to 'detain' packages that doesn't have proper billing details?
Edit: Looks like excise officers can detain the package.
If the form 16 is not produced (or) not countersigned by an officer, goods will be detained by the regulatory authorities demanding to pay security deposit the %age of which varies for various commodities as mentioned below:
Ex:-
For Computer goods 8 %
For Electronic/electrical goods 25 %
Source

Last edited:
@m-jeri @puns
Update to the story:
It doesn't look like its BlueDart fault in this case. BlueDart is holding the monitor as per instructions from Kerala Sales Tax officers who inspected the courier at Walayar checkpost (Kerala border). The sales tax officers flagged our courier since either the papers were missing or the eBay seller included the bill for monitor 1 which was cheaper than monitor 2. Since there was no bill, sales tax people assigned some value to the package, and fined us 2 or 3 times of what the original sales tax would have been for that value. We will probably receive the papers regarding the fine tomorrow, only then we will know what is the actual fine. I am hoping its not 7200.

Now our options are
1. either go all the way to Walayar checkpost (which is more than 10 hours drive one side) and submit an application telling them the story and hope that they will reduce the fine
2. there may be an option to pay online whatever amount they have fined as of now. Need to find out.

See, you miss a point. The item went pass through check points to come to kerala. r8? Or am I mistaken? How is the return trip so problematic?
And also one more thing. Shipping to Kerala needs some forms. Which ALL the courier service is aware of and will tell you upfront. before shipping. Who didnt tell who here? Seller or courier?

Seller including the wrong bills?. Thats sellers fault.

And usually, courier service takes care of all this. You don't need to go anywhere. I have done this with other service when they wanted my Form 16 and one instance some tax(first and only time i ever paid, well it was a automobile engine part. so not surprised). Just fill the form, give to em. Wait for 2 or 3 days.

See, you miss a point. The item went pass through check points to come to kerala. r8? Or am I mistaken? How is the return trip so problematic?
Actually, there are two packages in trouble now.
Package one: Seller sent and we received properly, but it was the wrong model. So we sent it back.
Package two: Seller sent as replacement for the first one.

Package one story:
When the seller asked us to sent back package one, he clearly told us to include 3 papers. When we went to BlueDart local office, the guy there told us there was no need of papers. So we just sent it without paper. Now, since there are no papers, BlueDart stopped it at Cochin office. BlueDart said they can sent this back to us.

Package two story BlueDart version:
Since seller didn't include any papers, sales tax people fined us. Now, unless we pay the fine, BlueDart will not release it. If they release it without fine, they will be in trouble.

And also one more thing. Shipping to Kerala needs some forms. Which ALL the courier service is aware of and will tell you upfront. before shipping. Who didnt tell who here? Seller or courier?

Seller including the wrong bills?. Thats sellers fault.
Seller says he included every papers. While sending back package 1, he had clearly told us to include 3 papers. Also, before shipping the very first time, he even took a copy of my dad's voter's id for id proof.

And usually, courier service takes care of all this. You don't need to go anywhere. I have done this with other service when they wanted my Form 16 and one instance some tax(first and only time i ever paid, well it was a automobile engine part. so not surprised). Just fill the form, give to em. Wait for 2 or 3 days.
BlueDart says they cannot do anything on this. They are saying its our responsibility to pay whatever amount is involved. Once they get some form of notification from sales tax, they will release.

In your case, was there a bill included with the part? Who asked you to pay the tax? Did you give the tax money to courier people or did you give the courier people some receipt as proof that you paid the tax?

See, All i see is courier at fault. We don't put the papers inside box. We need to hand them to the courier people. They will take triplicates and stick one to box and keep others tagged to the parcel. They should take care of them. Atleast this is how i been doing since all this form restrictions came. I did this with First flight, Professional, Blue fart, Pafex. So I believe its the way.

Both happened coz the courier didn't do the due diligence.

I guess then somebody in courier office is trying to save themselves by putting the blame on us. Do you have any suggestion on what I should do now?

Exactly. Talk to those retards so that you can fix this without going. Or talk to seller. Sorry if i am not more helpful. Coz for package 1, I really dont see what can be done. coz you didnt put the papers. since u loose at the blame game.

for package 2, tell the seller to resolve it. You dont have anything to do with it.

Back