Graphic Cards AMD HD7XXX Discussion Thread

Here is the link

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news/video/breaking-news-amd-hd-7970-price-drop-incoming/

Applicable only for 79xx and 777x, 78xx is being kept out of the price cut for now
<

Here is the link

http://www.hardwarec...-drop-incoming/

Applicable only for 79xx and 777x, 78xx is being kept out of the price cut for now
sad.gif

Kepler isn't spoiling the broth there yet. It is fair to agree once the HD 7870 issues get resolved [textures and drivers especially] and prices get revised depending on the availability of volume pieces of the chips the AMD HD 7870 will be a beast of a performer*.

* and an even better over-clocker.

Meanwhile, I continue to pay the price with my patience... I am running low on it now :-S

Don't worry you are not alone, I was planning to buy a card in the August --> September time-frame but now thanks to our governing mandarins and their latest taxes, it has been pushed all the way back to November.

Hopefully till then Kepler 660Ti will have made a debut and depending on those dispositions I can make my decision.

Radeon HD 7000 Series Price Cuts & Promos Announced - Anandtech

Altogether AMD will be reducing the prices on 3 of their 7000 series cards: the 7970, the 7950, and the 7770. The 7970 will be dropping by $70 from $549 to $479 – below the GTX 680 – while its lower tier counterpart the 7950 will be dropping $50 from $449 to $399. Meanwhile the 7770, which was undoubtedly the worst priced member of the 7000 series, will be seeing a price drop of $20 to bring it from $159 to $139.

The other change is that AMD will be significantly increasing the amount of software that comes with these cards in what AMD is calling their Three For Free promotion. Currently most major retailers include a free copy of DiRT 3 with their 7900 cards; AMD will be replacing that promo with Three For Free, which will be a trio of games: DiRT Showdown, Nexuiz, and Deus Ex: Human Revolution plus The Missing Link DLC.

#[member='kreacher']

Isn't that what we were waiting for?

Finally, we'll see some price wars now!

I am begining to like three 4 free campaign!

I hope this has a ripple effect on the 78xx series too, they are a bit overpriced, but a beast in their categories nonetheless.

^ yeah the 7800 will also be revised once mid range Kepler arrives assuming its not priced more than existing 7800 prices.

Waiting to see how the cuts reflect in India.

IMHO, 7850 at that price is better value than the HIS IceQ since it is ridiculously overpriced... MSI TF2 7870 was 22.1k at SMC... now out of stock
sad.gif

The Saphire 7870 GHZ edition with dual fan is available at MD computers, Kolkatta for 21.8k, they have newly setup their site. Check it out, if you are interested. The 7850 GHZ dual fan is available for 15.6K.

IMHO, 7850 at that price is better value than the HIS IceQ since it is ridiculously overpriced... MSI TF2 7870 was 22.1k at SMC... now out of stock
sad.gif

No, in my view the IceQ edition cards are much better than the stock cooler that are slapped onto mass produced common cards, let us wait for the HIS IceQ 7850 2GB, it will run cooler [and quieter] and concurrently will be able to clock higher.

Just my thoughts, Cheers!!

Yup that's right Iceq cards are good at ocing and ther run cooler than the others but what about HIS's A.S.S,don't know much about it.
No, in my view the IceQ edition cards are much better than the stock cooler that are slapped onto mass produced common cards, let us wait for the HIS IceQ 7850 2GB, it will run cooler [and quieter] and concurrently will be able to clock higher.

Just my thoughts, Cheers!!

Back