Aliexpress.com - Feedback Thread

t3chg33k

Skilled
Jun 3, 2008
Hi
i tried paypal for a chinese seller on Ebay USA, the payment did not go through.
Are paypal payments also blocked ???
Nope, had made a payment a week ago with the seller being listed from Shanghai.

Interestingly, package was shipped from Uzbekistan and I received it in a week. Amazing where all the Chinese sellers have warehouses.

Reactions: Abhishek_

ankit360

Disciple
May 24, 2012
Thane
I ordered few hepa filter using cssbuy. Someone called / email me asking for KYC details. as it's only ₹1500 product i refuse to give then any details assuming they will ask more money for custom clearance + additional custom duty. Will never going to buy again anything from this site. thoes good old days of aliexpress are gone :disappointed:

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021
I ordered few hepa filter using cssbuy. Someone called / email me asking for KYC details. as it's only ₹1500 product i refuse to give then any details assuming they will ask more money for custom clearance + additional custom duty. Will never going to buy again anything from this site. thoes good old days of aliexpress are gone :disappointed:
below 100$ usually no customs.

cymric

Disciple
Feb 21, 2022
BTW you can track shipments shipped through CN/HK mail through the following site. The tracking will be active once it is actually shipped from CN/HK. The tracking is very detailed.

http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/

I use this website to. Very accurate. I also ordered a lot from the app. Most of the decorative lights in my house are from Ali. But many have mentioned I try to keep my order value below $50. Some packages took more than 3 months to arrive So you have to be really patient when ordering.

dexterz

Adept
Jan 30, 2008
Is it payments from india or shipping to india or both that are banned when transacting on Aliexpress? Can someone from USA place the order and have it delivered to India?

Reactions: Jaspreetrattan

Jaspreetrattan

Disciple
Mar 23, 2008
Is it payments from india or shipping to india or both that are banned when transacting on Aliexpress? Can someone from USA place the order and have it delivered to India?

both are banned as anyone can pay using vpn and international cards , its the shipping which is biggest road block

RS4

Skilled
May 16, 2010
India
Is it possible for individuals (not wholesale distributors/sellers/importers) to buy from Alibaba?

Yes, I have bought a couple of items from Alibaba after the Aliexpress ban, just put the Minimum order quantity as 1 on the left side search parameters. Also, the sellers there only ship with private couriers so you will be hit with 42% import duty. In my case the seller shipped using some cheap Yitong Chinese courier company and also undervalued the invoice on my request.

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
Yes, I have bought a couple of items from Alibaba after the Aliexpress ban, just put the Minimum order quantity as 1 on the left side search parameters. Also, the sellers there only ship with private couriers so you will be hit with 42% import duty. In my case the seller shipped using some cheap Yitong Chinese courier company and also undervalued the invoice on my request.

That's amazing, thanks for sharing mate :)

spawnfreak

Adept
Jul 25, 2009
I recently got something worth Rs. 900 shipped to my shop and ship malaysia address. From there, it'll be forwarded to my India address.