Budget Above 40k Would it be dumb to exchange my S22 ultra for OP 12? (Getting 46k value)

reddead66

Disciple
Pretty much covered everything in the title.

My only concern is camera, not a big fan of One UI. and the battery is not that great on the 8gen1. But if camera is a downgrade i'll not go for it.

Also OP12 is cheaper on flipkart but i am getting the exchange value of 46k on OP website. there's just a 2k bank discount, would offline stores have better deals by any chance ? any other way to get a better deal with the same exchange value? The current price on op website is 65k -3k (including 2k discount + 999 referral discount?) -46k exchange value = 16k
Price on flipkart is 60k but don't see a exchange option...

I might get more than 46k for my s22 ultra if i try to sell on my own but i don't want to go through the hassle. Box and other stuff is at my hometown as well..

What's wrong with your S22 Ultra that you want to upgrade to a OP12 for? Isn't it still a great phone?
At surface nothing is wrong, but it's a 2 year old phone with one of the worst flagship processor in recent times. Really sub par battery life. Not a fan of one ui, it's bloated and not smooth. Cameras are good but slow shutter speed. I don't use the spen ever. It's heavy. The geek in me wants to change to something else. I am getting 46k for a 2 year old phone which instigated the idea.

On the other hand, i was blown away by the smoothness by the oneplus software and always been a fan of minimal approach to UI. One UI is opposite of that. Been hearing a lot of praise for oneplus 12 overall.
am not satisfied with my s24 U battery life leave s22. I get max 6 hrs SOT.

@reddead66 go ahead man buy the OP12 its a beast in terms of battery life and its too smooth, camera is avg but
Yup battery is shit on s22 ultra. 8 gen 1 to blame.

My only concern is op12 cameras, i hope it's atleast 80-85% to s22u camera quality.

You might get better value if you sell the s22u instead of exchanging it. for example, Cashify is offering up to 49k for the 256GB 12GB RAM s22u. Local stores that deal in second-hand phones are another option, I sold my sister's iPhone XR for 13k to a local dealer when Cashify offered me 10k.

You might get better value if you sell the s22u instead of exchanging it. for example, Cashify is offering up to 49k for the 256GB 12GB RAM s22u. Local stores that deal in second-hand phones are another option, I sold my sister's iPhone XR for 13k to a local dealer when Cashify offered me 10k.
Already checked cashify, 49k is for a in warranty device. mine is already 2 year old. Cashify quoted around 36k for mine.

Cashify will almost never give you the quoted rate. If they quote 46k online the guy who comes to check will not go above 40k at best.

No Dude. It would be downgrade experience wise.
The s22 camera is way superior. . I have compared my older s20+ with a op12 and i really dont see op12 catching up anytime soon.

My current s24U lasts me easily 1.5 days on 5G on all the time, screen on UHD. Its something you should seriously consider only and only if you are not happy with your S22u to the extent that you really wanna part ways.

IMO OP's call. OP12 should provide a longer battery life with lower heating because of low-efficiency chip on S22 (8 Gen 1 fabbed at Samsung). Faster charging on OP12 will be a bliss to anyone, better performance may or may not be useful. OP12 will get more OS updates as well, till A18 vs A16. Software experience & camera would be a downgrade on OP12 though. No change in size, weight or display IMO.

At surface nothing is wrong, but it's a 2 year old phone with one of the worst flagship processor in recent times. Really sub par battery life. Not a fan of one ui, it's bloated and not smooth. Cameras are good but slow shutter speed. I don't use the spen ever. It's heavy. The geek in me wants to change to something else. I am getting 46k for a 2 year old phone which instigated the idea.

On the other hand, i was blown away by the smoothness by the oneplus software and always been a fan of minimal approach to UI. One UI is opposite of that. Been hearing a lot of praise for oneplus 12 overall.

Yup battery is shit on s22 ultra. 8 gen 1 to blame.

My only concern is op12 cameras, i hope it's atleast 80-85% to s22u camera quality.
I find it quite ridiculous that we can pay 50k+ for a phone and yet the product isn't the golden standard in the android market. Honestly it seems you really want to try out OP12, and you've probably pondered about it far too long. Might as well try it out if you get the exchange value that you are expecting. If you end up not liking OP, you can sell it off here as well then.

I find it quite ridiculous that we can pay 50k+ for a phone and yet the product isn't the golden standard in the android market. Honestly it seems you really want to try out OP12, and you've probably pondered about it far too long. Might as well try it out if you get the exchange value that you are expecting. If you end up not liking OP, you can sell it off here as well then.
Samsung fabbed flagship SoCs are the culprit. S888, 888+ & 8 Gen 1 did lower the standard of android phones, even now Tensor & Exynos S24 is doing that but at least former is throttled enough & latter is not as bad as previous Samsung fabbed flagship SoCs. Still buying a S24 exynos & getting inferior battery life (20% or so) to its 8 Gen 3 variant is not good.

No Dude. It would be downgrade experience wise.
The s22 camera is way superior. . I have compared my older s20+ with a op12 and i really dont see op12 catching up anytime soon.

My current s24U lasts me easily 1.5 days on 5G on all the time, screen on UHD. Its something you should seriously consider only and only if you are not happy with your S22u to the extent that you really wanna part ways.
I would buy a S24U over OP12 anyday, but i am not willing to spend so much on my upgrade.

IMO OP's call. OP12 should provide a longer battery life with lower heating because of low-efficiency chip on S22 (8 Gen 1 fabbed at Samsung). Faster charging on OP12 will be a bliss to anyone, better performance may or may not be useful. OP12 will get more OS updates as well, till A18 vs A16. Software experience & camera would be a downgrade on OP12 though. No change in size, weight or display IMO.

Not sure about software experience, it's more about preference. one ui is quite heavy and i prefer more stockish approach, oxygen OS is defintely closer to stock than one ui. I tried the OP12 at a store and there was a considerable difference in the smoothness compared to my s22 ultra.
Haha, you got me...i have seen way too many OP12 reviews and now there's no going back. I think i have never held on a phone for more than 2.5-3 yrs. In that regard, switching by paying 17k sounds like a good deal.

I would buy a S24U over OP12 anyday, but i am not willing to spend so much on my upgrade.

Not sure about software experience, it's more about preference. one ui is quite heavy and i prefer more stockish approach, oxygen OS is defintely closer to stock than one ui. I tried the OP12 at a store and there was a considerable difference in the smoothness compared to my s22 ultra.

Haha, you got me...i have seen way too many OP12 reviews and now there's no going back. I think i have never held on a phone for more than 2.5-3 yrs. In that regard, switching by paying 17k sounds like a good deal.
How about buying s23 for 46k 256gb a really great device and also compact,sell your s22 ultra instead you will get better price ,just make a post and see the reaction and judge accordingly because the exchange rate are almost always reduced by agents after evaluation

How about buying s23 for 46k 256gb a really great device and also compact,sell your s22 ultra instead you will get better price ,just make a post and see the reaction and judge accordingly because the exchange rate are almost always reduced by agents after evaluation
I actually thought about it, that's the other alternative as now.

Oxygen OS was stock android like, it right now has a stock android skin over Color OS which is good for most but not as good as One UI as far as heavy android skins go. No heavy skins in my experience is as well optimised as One UI. One UI lags on cheap phones with weak SoCs even now, like say M1x or M2x or M3x, etc.

For me the next best UI after One UI is Nothing's UI. Used an NP 2a, was a good exp IMO.

If money wasn't an issue then yes, the S24U would be the one to get. The Op12 costs half of that though and for the price it's a great phone. May not be the best at anything but does everything well.

My suggestion would be to get the OP12, use for a couple of weeks and if you can't get used to it then sell for 80% of what you paid for it and go back to Samsung.

Bro.. i just sold my S22 ultra. So, i did went the cashify route. They quoted 36k but then the guys offered even less for some kind of smudge. So, i finally sold it off in Olx in F2F for 38k. there was a time, i was even ready to sell it for 35k and also there was a time where i was offered 41k but couldn make the deal and the guy got it from someone else.
so, max you will get it i guess will be 40k realisticallly.

Just my 2 cents.

recently got op12 from amazon and now i see its sold for 58K in flipkart :(

Anyways i was basically replacing pixel 7 pro with op12. op12 display quality is not great, easily noticeable while watching videos. This is in comparison with pixel 7 pro, iphone 13 pro, 15 PM, S24+. Ofcourse camera quality is not upto other phones i've, but that i was expecting before purchase itself. Unexpected thing was display quality and network coverage(+ve way). All these googles, apples, samsungs should learn from Oneplus on network management. Till i got OP12, i used thing network signal is very poor in my home because none of the phones in home handle calls properly, even wifi reception is poor in certain areas. But OP12 changed entire thing, even wifi reception is good all over the home. battery life is another big positive.

All in all, if camera and display quality is not that important, then this is very good phone. Again camera and display quality is not average either, just that i could find the different immediately since i use other phones.

Back