ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

The Pain

Disciple
Feb 20, 2010
I've realised that I have flashed my phone over 6-7 times in the last 3 weeks and need to get on something stable for at least one month.

Thats the problem i faced too LOL. Once you get hooked on to playing around with different roms its difficult to stop experimenting eventhough you are kinda happy with a particular rom. Ive finally settled on Blademix 360 for my blade but still keep looking around at the latest releases
<
I need therapy

Xavier

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
Pune
Thats the problem i faced too LOL. Once you get hooked on to playing around with different roms its difficult to stop experimenting eventhough you are kinda happy with a particular rom. Ive finally settled on Blademix 360 for my blade but still keep looking around at the latest releases
<
I need therapy

Sign me up for the therapy sessions
<
MMHMP is good, but I miss a few features that Lewa (side scrolling settings) and CM7 (ability to swipe out individual notifications) had.

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
Sign me up for the therapy sessions
<
MMHMP is good, but I miss a few features that Lewa (side scrolling settings) and CM7 (ability to swipe out individual notifications) had.

This is very important for me.

I am also planning to flash in a few days . MMHMP looks good .

Xavier

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
Pune
So that I can swipe out useless notifications from apps and keep the important ones (messages,calls) which I can check later.

thatsashok

Adept
Feb 7, 2011
Nashik / AP
guys i am not getting notifications for new mail, tweet mentions, whatsapp etc on Lewa OS. I enabled apps for notifications (vibrate + LED) but for some reason i dont get them.

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
Finally tried ICS. Brilliant, looks very pretty and a much needed UI overhaul for Android. Camera, Youtube etc not working as of now, so not ready for daily usage, looking forward to its future development for Blade. Was quite fast and smooth.

Now on Lewa OS, playing around with it. Looks good.

Xavier

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
Pune
Finally tried ICS. Brilliant, looks very pretty and a much needed UI overhaul for Android. Camera, Youtube etc not working as of now, so not ready for daily usage, looking forward to its future development for Blade. Was quite fast and smooth.

Now on Lewa OS, playing around with it. Looks good.

I agree with your observations on CM9. I just need to be a little more stable before I switch to it full time. Camera and video playback doesn't matter to me, but Link2SD and a little more smoothness is what I need.

Btw, I'm really not seeing what the fuss about MMHMP is all about. It's a slightly better version of the last few nightlies of CM7 in terms of battery life, but far worse when it comes to customisation options. In terms of UI smoothness, I found it to be at par with CM7 and worse than Lewa which is probably the best performing ROM I've used on the Blade.

I'm in a fix now. Do I go back to CM7 (for the customisation options) or Lewa OS (for the speed)? Link2SD doesn't work with Lewa and that's my only gripe with that wonderful ROM.

arun687

Skilled
Jun 28, 2009
Mumbai
^ I don't like to compromise on customization options, it has always been very important to me so I like Roms like CM and Lewa even if it means a little compromise on battery life.

I went back to CM7 after few hrs of playing around with Lewa, I liked it though USSD doesn't work (will need to use another dialer) and didn't like the app drawer and few other things. Though the settings menu, speed and few other stuff were really good.

But after trying ICS, CM7 started looking very bland and hence did some customizations to make it look like ICS. Now running CM7 21 jan update + Go launched ex (with ics theme) + Golocker (With ics theme) + Go SMS Pro (with google ui theme) + Exdialer (Dialer similar to that in MIUI). Looks very refreshing.

Xavier

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
Pune
Dialer one or any other smart dialer app on the market solves the USSD problem of Lewa. Also, the cheesy stock launcher + lock screen didn't matter to me, as I'm a die-hard Launcher Pro + Widgetlocker fan and keep using them on any ROM that I use.

I used CM7 for 4-5 months and had customised it in every way (ICS, Sense, Minimal look, Honeycomb, Blur, MIUI, etc.) possible. But Lewa and its smoothness has spoiled me and I'm not sure if I'll be able to go back to CM7 now.

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
May 31, 2010
Navi Mumbai
^ I don't like to compromise on customization options, it has always been very important to me so I like Roms like CM and Lewa even if it means a little compromise on battery life. I went back to CM7 after few hrs of playing around with Lewa, I liked it though USSD doesn't work (will need to use another dialer) and didn't like the app drawer and few other things. Though the settings menu, speed and few other stuff were really good. But after trying ICS, CM7 started looking very bland and hence did some customizations to make it look like ICS. Now running CM7 21 jan update + Go launched ex (with ics theme) + Golocker (With ics theme) + Go SMS Pro (with google ui theme) + Exdialer (Dialer similar to that in MIUI). Looks very refreshing.

Dude, +1 to the go launcher idea! Using ICS
<
with all the customisations.
<

Xavier

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
Pune
I'm one of the very few who do not like Go Launcher and its baziliion customisation options. Yes, I wish Launcher Pro Plus had some of its features such as renaming shortcuts and changing icons instead of having to use Desktop Visualizer to do the same, but that's about it. It has always left me frustrated with its laggy performance and while I initially (Aug-Sept) attributed this to the lack of horsepower under the Blade's hood, I was baffled when I saw it performing in the same laggy way (compared to ADW EX and LPP) on a Galaxy S Plus and an Incredible S. I gave it a shot for the 3rd time after I flashed MMHMP last weekend but little seems to have been changed. They can have all the customisations in the world that they want to, but as long as its not going to perform smoothly, I'm not going back to Go Launcher EX. The same stands true for Go SMS Pro, Go Keyboard and Go Contacts.

/rant

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
Am I the only one who likes ADW Lancher ?

Never bothered by any other launcher after picking this up for 5 bucks in December.