ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

v.Na5h

Skilled
Nov 20, 2009
Mumbai
Guys DSP Manger is supposed to be universal isnt it...i mean work with all apps besides the default GB music player

why doesnt it work with poweramp or video players...

anybody

??

use titanium and then freeze dsp manager. I noticed after i disabled the manager the sound at high volume didnt crack
<
. I also changed to MIUI player or the android 4.1 music [its just simple install the apk only thing].

is dsp manger compatible with android 4.1 music

i need dsp mostly because it improves the volume which is too low in blade

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
anybody

??

is dsp manger compatible with android 4.1 music

i need dsp mostly because it improves the volume which is too low in blade

Will have to check it as i dont have Android 4.1 installed using MIUI player
<
. And yes DSP Manager should be universal .

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
Does TB Pro support one click restore ?

I meant I have "N" number of apps and I back up that N number of apps . Now when I am flashing can I restore those "N" number of apps by just one click ?

Xavier

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
Pune
Does TB Pro support one click restore ?

I meant I have "N" number of apps and I back up that N number of apps . Now when I am flashing can I restore those "N" number of apps by just one click ?

I had replied to this query of yours earlier on this thread. Yes, you can do this using the 'batch' option in the TB Pro settings menu.

v.Na5h

Skilled
Nov 20, 2009
Mumbai
Guys has anybody changed the partition layout....

1. is it worth the risk

i currently have the default 162mb internal storage

and only 85 mb free...

eventhough i have linked every user app(data+cache) to sd-ext

(iam using link2sd with 512 ext3)

2. so what is the remainig 77mb....

which apps are using it??

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
Guys has anybody changed the partition layout....

1. is it worth the risk

i currently have the default 162mb internal storage

and only 85 mb free...

eventhough i have linked every user app(data+cache) to sd-ext

(iam using link2sd with 512 ext3)

2. so what is the remainig 77mb....

which apps are using it??

1.its no risk at all if you follow the steps properly.

2.user data of the apps are generally stored in the phone memory AFAIK .

I have around 60 apps installed on my mobile , it takes 140MB of my internal storage and no lags what so ever .

v.Na5h

Skilled
Nov 20, 2009
Mumbai
1.its no risk at all if you follow the steps properly.

2.user data of the apps are generally stored in the phone memory AFAIK .

I have around 60 apps installed on my mobile , it takes 140MB of my internal storage and no lags what so ever .

One more thing....

is it permanent ...i mean one time procedure...

so next time i flash any other custom ROM the partition layout will be intact?

2. Which is better

link2sd / darktremor a2sd / s2e...

googled like hell regarding this....

but couldnt get a satisfying explanation....

i found link2sd to be the easiest...and latest (jan2 2012)

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
One more thing....

is it permanent ...i mean one time procedure...

so next time i flash any other custom ROM the partition layout will be intact?

2. Which is better

link2sd / darktremor a2sd / s2e...

googled like hell regarding this....

but couldnt get a satisfying explanation....

i found link2sd to be the easiest...and latest (jan2 2012)

1. yes it remains intact
<

2. give all a try and then suit your needs . I am currently using a2sd script . On CM7 S2E works just great without hassles .

v.Na5h

Skilled
Nov 20, 2009
Mumbai
1. yes it remains intact
<

2. give all a try and then suit your needs . I am currently using a2sd script . On CM7 S2E works just great without hassles .

one more question whats the max size of the custom ROM available presently

is 136 safe or should a select 160

or any custom size using this

[GEN1][GEN2]Partition Layout Tool, windows only - Android @ MoDaCo

Sem%20T%C3%ADtulo.jpg

EDIT : Postponing TPT...will do it when cm9/AOSP4 stable releases

AOSP 4.0 alpha25 is out

BTW track the progress here

ics4blade - port of the android open source project (aosp), ice cream sandwich (android 4.0) version on the zte blade - Google Project Hosting

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
http://android.modaco.com/topic/339048-guide-flashing-firmware-to-bladelibra-via-windows/

Follow this guide and install

custom Gen2 215 v10 (md5:dba6a95c0bc33333a6c04e87ca4b380e)

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]This partition layout is necessary for most stock ROMs and for early builds of ICS/CM9.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]So problem solved and with an sd-ext you can enjoy all your app space
<
.[/font]
[font="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,"]I am using this layout only , And i suggest you avoid that windows tool , if you want to partition on your own then learn hex editing and edit the partition mbm yourself
<
[/font]

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
http://android.modac...ra-via-windows/

Follow this guide and install

custom Gen2 215 v10 (md5:dba6a95c0bc33333a6c04e87ca4b380e)

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]This partition layout is necessary for most stock ROMs and for early builds of ICS/CM9.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]So problem solved and with an sd-ext you can enjoy all your app space
<
.[/font]
[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial,]I am using this layout only , And i suggest you avoid that windows tool , if you want to partition on your own then learn hex editing and edit the partition mbm yourself
<
[/font]

Thanks for the links . I might do this also over the weekend
<

Xavier

Adept
Mar 17, 2011
Pune
It's better to stick to the stock Dell 2.2 partition (160MB Internal memory) now because the upcoming ROMs based on CM9 and ICS will need it. If you plan on sticking to the GB ROMs forever, then go ahead with the partition layout which has 294MB internal memory and 160MB ROM.

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
My stock was 200mb only . Dont know why but my blade came with gen2 android 2.2 and 200mb /data . I was searching for the same layout ever since
<

guys how does partitioning help?

It totally depends on your type of use ... if you need or try a lot of apps then re-partitioning helps in reducing the cache , OEM , system memory and uses that space as phone memory . The layout depends on the type of ROM you want to use .

For example a ROM is of size 100mB , you install it on /system which is of size 150mb so you have another 50mb free which be unused . So by re-partitioning you reallocate this 50mB to be used as the phone memory thus it in a way increases your internal storage .

NOTE: A bigger ROM wont fit in a smaller partition.

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
May 31, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Alright so what i understand is that it allows us to allocate the rom for more internal storage. i would also like to know how will it help in the process of frequent rom changes. or does it just help the internal memory management. Sorry for so many questions, I'm new to android and blade is my first phone.
<

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
Well initially TPT was done to get the unlocked bootloader that will utilize the extra 256mB of RAM that was locked . TPT flash is done to upgrade the baseband or the amss.mbm like Gen1 can be converted to Gen2 and Gen2->Gen3 and vice versa . So apart from these 2 reasons and the more internal storage there is no added advantage of doing a TPT.

Now when you are cycling through ROMs the "/system" will only matter in accordance to the size of the ROM thats it . So choose wisely which type of layout suits you and will be future proof . I always tend to keep more of /system area as it eliminates any type of size restrictions while switching roms.

v.Na5h

Skilled
Nov 20, 2009
Mumbai
It's better to stick to the stock Dell 2.2 partition (160MB Internal memory) now because the upcoming ROMs based on CM9 and ICS will need it. If you plan on sticking to the GB ROMs forever, then go ahead with the partition layout which has 294MB internal memory and 160MB ROM.

Yeah better to wait for cm9/aosp4 ROMs....

who knows what will be the size modifications in the upcoming releases

pratzgh1

Pratzgh1
Adept
May 31, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Ohhhhkkk... well did seem to understand quite a bit, but need to google the rest. Thanks bro for the information. Would like to befriend you incase i screw-up with my blade. I love to experiment but the knowlegde just seems naive in front of the users using it since long. Darn me, stuck to my nokia so long that i forgot there was a new world called android
<