Xiaomi's Cheap Marketing Tricks and How Flipkart is Cashing on it

Should Companies avoid Exclusive launches on Single Ecommerce platform?

• Total voters
My friend is a famous blogger. Till FK's Mi3 first sale, he was big fan. Couldn't get his phone, posted a blog post saying Fk sucks and usual. Then later he never got any phones for next three sales. Bwahhaha. Now his whole blog is against Mi3, Xiomi and Flipkart.

That's dedication you guys :p

Anyways its not a 'latest' news and I had posted this earlier.

Everyphone has its own flaws
Even the moto g I had received from flipkart have tiny dead pixel on screen
Which was replaced by flipkart later on

Since there is very less rumor about MI3 defect as of now
It can be considered as a best & cheapest phone available in market..

Xiaomi wants to enter Indian market with a good image.. so they wont compromise with quality...

Sadly, Xiaomi opens back door for Samsung, sony & LG

The 'i' in OP's username speaks a lot here. perhaps change it to something like 'iHate' maybe? :rolleyes:
hey don't try to get all personal here stupid.
You people think I posted this because I hate fk and xiaomi? please! kids grow up.
its called sharing and @avi I didn't know that it had been shared.[DOUBLEPOST=1409291821][/DOUBLEPOST]
OP rant on FK, email them :p
EDIT: Ohk.. general news about a phone.
come on I don't even have the phone. >_>

You people instead of going Off topic and bashing up the guy who wrote the article should instead stick to the subject and try to give proper argument and post something of value to the thread.

Last edited:
@iPwnz if you are entitled to defame xiaomi. Then we can also make rumors around iphone and samsung.Titled "iphone 6 becomes a nightmare for customers horrible apple support and product quality" or "Samsung ****ed up in china getting ready to get more in India".It won't take long to do rumors.

Well, this is one of the problems with the interwebs. Anyone can post anything & spread it around with the right skillset. You don't need to be a journalist with reliable sources & go through an editor before something is out there for the world to see.

The problem with this particular blog post seems to be that it seems to be more of a rant & hence the backlash in the comments there as well as here. To have a balanced article, one would also state that many people are happy with the phone & without issues with either Xiaomi or FK. Also one would expect the blogger to contact Xiaomi or FK & seek their response. This is what some other news sites have done.

The point of my post is to ask the OP to post the more balanced articles on this issue rather than the one he has chosen. I know that his is a well-intentioned thread but please be more careful in the future.

Lol, well intentioned thread. Read the headline. Read it? ok, read it again! Makes sense? no? Read it again!! Now you get IT!

If this were a blog post, it would have been the perfect click-bait headline. Next time try..

This guy tried to by a Mi3 from Flipkart, you won't believe what happened next. 5, 8 and 24 will tell you how Flipkart and Xiaomi suxxxxxx

'You don't know what happened to the guy who bought Mi3 from FK's first sale. Click here to know more about his sad tale'

these are all people who couldn't get Mi3. Sour grapes....
if 100 people try to get mi3, how many will be successful ?

Could i assert less then 5%. If that is the case then its pointless to recommend a mi-3.

Anyone want to volunteer an answer for this. You can use any source not just FK.

Since you want to do this let's get to it.
@iPwnz if you are entitled to defame xiaomi. Then we can also make rumors around iphone and samsung.Titled "iphone 6 becomes a nightmare for customers horrible apple support and product quality" or "Samsung ****ed up in china getting ready to get more in India".It won't take long to do rumors.
how does sharing an article make me defame the company? please enlighten me. if you want to start a rumor by all means be my guest. If you read the article you should know that it isn't wrong. some users are having trouble with their phones and that's what i think it is trying to bring out and the article also posted facts.

@iPwnz please share some profits with me also
I'm offended.
how old are you? 5 years? or maybe 10?
first get your facts straight. Sharing an article doesn't mean i'm promoting a paid journalism or whatever you want to call it. simply accusing a news site of being a paid journalism just because it posted something which you dont like, that is defamation. secondly I didn't write the article. if you have a problem with it tell them, not me. thirdly stop your baseless accusations. did I say Xiaomi is bad? Nope. was i paid to say what I wanted to? Nope. Enough with the bs. and no need to get personal here.

Last edited:
Well, this is one of the problems with the interwebs. Anyone can post anything & spread it around with the right skillset. You don't need to be a journalist with reliable sources & go through an editor before something is out there for the world to see.

The problem with this particular blog post seems to be that it seems to be more of a rant & hence the backlash in the comments there as well as here. To have a balanced article, one would also state that many people are happy with the phone & without issues with either Xiaomi or FK. Also one would expect the blogger to contact Xiaomi or FK & seek their response. This is what some other news sites have done.

The point of my post is to ask the OP to post the more balanced articles on this issue rather than the one he has chosen. I know that his is a well-intentioned thread but please be more careful in the future.

Wait a minute. Wth happened here?!! I had replied to a thread started by @iPwnz. But it seems that thread was merged with this one. So @dafreaking my reply here is completely out of context. In fact, I don't even know what the current thread is about - TLDR. When I replied about OP, I meant iPwnz & his well intentioned thread. So my post & a few others above & below it are talking about something slightly different.

Wait a minute. Wth happened here?!! I had replied to a thread started by @iPwnz. But it seems that thread was merged with this one. So @dafreaking my reply here is completely out of context. In fact, I don't even know what the current thread is about - TLDR. When I replied about OP, I meant iPwnz & his well intentioned thread. So my post & a few others above & below it are talking about something slightly different.
threads were merged. and yeah some people went Off topic. Nice bunch I say.

Leading with a sensationalist headline/title is hardly a well intentioned thought... Now it's very possible that @iPwnz didn't meant to stir things up but he surely did :D

My friend is a famous blogger. Till FK's Mi3 first sale, he was big fan. Couldn't get his phone, posted a blog post saying Fk sucks and usual. Then later he never got any phones for next three sales. Bwahhaha. Now his whole blog is against Mi3, Xiomi and Flipkart.

That's dedication you guys :p
Why would this surprise anybody.

phones are a damn commodity. Time was you had to stand in line and book things and they would arrive a year later. Today you should be able to order something and expect it the next day. No hustling with others to get stuff.

if the chance of getting the phone is low then why bother.

This is the reason xiaomi will never succeed with this kind of model in the west.

Back