Audio Xiaomi Piston 2?

got mine. Apparently the 2.1's. No bi flange tips, but got an extra metal clip. Will post impressions in a few days[DOUBLEPOST=1408625347][/DOUBLEPOST]my volume control buttons don't seem to be getting detected seperately. Tried the klipsch and button control apps. no luck
Whattodo?[DOUBLEPOST=1408697145][/DOUBLEPOST]Further updates. despite a full day of burn in, still no difference. Bass kinda sucks, and I'm having trouble getting the right fit. ordered a set of tri flange tips. Lets see if they help fit any better.

bought it because i needed a mic with my headset, but the people I call keep getting an echo, so no useful. The echo is not the phone's fault - had it with my MP21 too.

This one has better highs than the soundmagics, but bass is sad. Or maybe I've been spoilt by my ES18's.

Last edited:
after 2 days of burn in, the bass is slightly better, but nowhere close to my ES 18's. Highs are more, but I'm a bit concerned that they might be a bit fatiguing in the long run. They are not harsh, but still a bit aggressive

OMG... are you serious? 1 and 2 days of burning-in and you make comparisons? Give it atleast 40 hours. Mine started sounding better only after 25 hours i.e., 5 hours for 5 nights. Bass will settle down, don't panic.

Xiaomi never sold bi-flange tips.

What phone are you using? You should have checked the compatibility with your phone. No workaround there sorry, if it is not on the compatibility list.

P.S. Hope you got the originals.

Got mine, finally(had some problems with the delivery). These are original, I can tell(chocolatey smell and all). Well I guess gotta give it a listen for a couple of days. First impressions, nice build quality. Sound wise they are great but nothing earth shattering. Guess some burning in is needed. My brother has an Oppo Find 7 and I can confirm that Find 7's earphones are better. But when compared with my old Galaxy Nexus's earphones, these are just on a different level. Hope the sound improves in these things otherwise I would be very sad.

Last edited:
@Vegabond They are said to be worth 3 times their price so take an educated guess.
@djsarab dude never compare a headphone or IEM without burnin in for 40 hours atleast. That's the rule.

Btw, found a good deal @flipkart Cowon iAudio 9+ 32gb @8223[DOUBLEPOST=1408821145][/DOUBLEPOST]Someone had posted a head-fi review in this thread. Look for it. Hope it helps.

OMG... are you serious? 1 and 2 days of burning-in and you make comparisons? Give it atleast 40 hours. Mine started sounding better only after 25 hours i.e., 5 hours for 5 nights. Bass will settle down, don't panic.

Xiaomi never sold bi-flange tips.

What phone are you using? You should have checked the compatibility with your phone. No workaround there sorry, if it is not on the compatibility list.

P.S. Hope you got the originals.

I think mine are originals, visually by comparing them to the comparison threads I've seen.

Whoops about the phone issue, - I meant it's the phone's fault, not the headphones.

Um, about the bi flange tips
http://www.head-fi.org/t/717620/review-xiaomi-piston-2-re-defining-budget-fi

it says they did

When I said 2 days of burn in, it wasnt 2 days of regular use. I left it connected to my porta corda 3 with vocal trance at full blast. overnight and while i was at work.

While their build quality is miles ahead of the es18's, and I do hear greater detail, I somehow have grown habituated to the ES18 sound. What I need right now is insane bass while I work out at the gym, and something warm sounding enough to make 64k aac classical music on tunein sound acceptable while at work. I think they'll remain my primary earbuds for now. If i want "audiophile" listening, i have better options :p

I was planning to get an E10M here, but they're damn expensive (30 pounds), so this was cheaper.[DOUBLEPOST=1408832162][/DOUBLEPOST]
can anyone here compare it with soundmagic PL-11?
if you are a basshead, you'll be disappointed. The ES18 is like a PL11 with better highs and crappier build quality.

so far I'm finding that the Pistons have amazing build quality, and even better highs than the ES18, but if you're looking for a basshead IEM, this is probably not it.

Last edited:
Check your box. Does it say impedance:16 ohm? Then you have ver.2.1 like me. No, biflanges.
I would hate to break this news but this is the classic mistake people do while burning in, leaving it for hours at a stretch. At full volume! Read this. http://www.jlabaudio.com/burn.php

yup, its a 2.1, as I posted earlier.

I don't mind putting it through the torture burn in. I don't like these particularly well right now. Either it will sing or it will croak. If it sings, good , if it croaks, I'll claim my money back from the seller :p

Off-topic: I find even the smallest flanges bit uncomfortable. Do anybody know where I can get bi/tri flanges in India? Needed stock pads for M50 too.

So, I received the tri-flanges and tried them. Here's my take.
Pros: Improved soundstage, airy, sound more towards neutral now, too comfortable.
Cons: Bass impact less, highs bit rolled off.

The quality of these flanges are 'you get what you pay for'. Will try to trim the flanges to make a balance.

These pistons from
Xiomi, are they compatible with iPhone and does the mic work well with iPhone ? Anyone knows ?
Looking for a wired headset (preferably with mic) under 1K and compatible with iPhone.

Back