XBox 360 Controller for Windows

^^well, silver lining in the clouds is that at least MS is honest about the date of manufacture. They could have easily re packaged a refurb controller with a new REFURB date.... Both coins have the flip side I guess...

atiamd said:
Also, the rumble that xbcd can produce is useless as it binds rumble to a button adn not to an in game action.

Couldn't you mention this earlier :p.

Anyways.. this whole mess has left me with no more luv for rumble.

In fact I will try to get my black controller back. Reason - This one is facing some new issues. NFS underground always has the selection bar scrolling vertically as if the UP key got stuck. (This is with default windows driver and then even installing latest XBOX accessories software.)

NFS underground is not supported by this controller. It will always give you trouble, no matter what you do. Speaking from personal experience.

Please try any supported game with default drivers. e.g. Street fighter 4, batman arkham asylum, NFS hot pursuit 2010, GTA 4, Kane and Lynch etc. (Google a bit)

1) supported game + xbcd = problem
2) Unsupported game + official drivers = bigger problem...

NFS underground worked with XBCD but not with others (native win7 or XBOX accessories )

SF4 rumble did not work with any driver.

I have a query : XBCD has an option to test rumble explicitly. Can that be used? I mean, does it work with the controller. It shows options to test left/right motor, change vibration frequency etc.

Hi,
I need help!
I'm looking for a guide for XBox 360 Controller for Windows.
I have no experience for controller with PC.....:ashamed:

kvikram said:
Wireless controller receiver is just too costly imo.
Agreed but not if it comes bundled with the controller. The wireless receiver retails for 2k on ebay whereas the wireless controller with the receiver bundle retails for 2.7k!

And for folks who have the console already, there is no point in investing in a wired controller IMO.

Revolution said:
Hi,

I need help!

I'm looking for a guide for XBox 360 Controller for Windows.

I have no experience for controller with PC.....:ashamed:

trust me , i was asking for the same....

it is not that difficult, now i find gamepad better than kb/m for 2rd person games like acb, batman spiderman-SD etc etc

Actually I need information about XBCD or these kind of things.

Want to know why people using them ?

And I want to disable the vibration too.

The big X button of my controller not glowing fully.
The big X button got circle divided in to 4 parts but only first no 1 part(left side up) is glowing green.....:S
Anyone got this problem ?...:huh:

Revolution said:
The big X button of my controller not glowing fully.

The big X button got circle divided in to 4 parts but only first no 1 part(left side up) is glowing green.....:S

Anyone got this problem ?...:huh:
That is perfectly normal. If you have only 1 controller connected to the system, only the top left quadrant glows. If you were to connect a second one, the top right quadrant glows on that controller and so forth.

Ahh,got it.

Thank you.....:)

A query.

I want to use my XBox 360 Controller for Dragon Age II PC.

Is it possible ?

But,controller not detected.

Revolution said:
Ahh,got it.

Thank you.....:)

A query.

I want to use my XBox 360 Controller for Dragon Age II PC.

Is it possible ?

But,controller not detected.
What OS? Windows 7 recognises the controller by itself and doesn't require drivers to be installed. Unless it is a wireless controller.

^^ yepp you are right..... The interfaces are totally different in PC version and the console version, so a controller support is not there NATIVELY.

Having said that, if you really wanna give it a go, try xpadder or xbcd drivers with this game.. Its not gonna be good, but then you are not gonna believe me either,. so here ya go... :p..

Is Xpadder paid software or free ?

Already native driver installed on PC so XBCD install not possible for now.

Gannu said:
What OS? Windows 7 recognises the controller by itself and doesn't require drivers to be installed. Unless it is a wireless controller.

No Windows XP and Wired controller.

And have native driver which comes with CD.

Its my brother's PC.

Other games like Witcher II,Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light etc working fine without any extra settings......

Guess who joined the Black gang? Yes, it's me. Just got the black wired controller. Tested it out with a small co-op session of Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime. Gosh, this controller looks so f*ckin' cool and the packaging wasn't as hard to open as MS's older hard plastic ones. Got it sealed from for 1k from a deal at IVG. :D

Congrats man...Black looks truly wonderful:)
Ethan_Hunt said:
Guess who joined the Black gang? Yes, it's me. Just got the black wired controller. Tested it out with a small co-op session of Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime. Gosh, this controller looks so f*ckin' cool and the packaging wasn't as hard to open as MS's older hard plastic ones. Got it sealed from for 1k from a deal at IVG. :D

My collection of B&W controllers

Back