XBox 360 Controller for Windows

No harm in trying. Check if they are OK with accepting the Ebay transaction confirmation, else PM me. I may have an alternative.

I called up MS support in Nehru Place. The lady at the other end said 'no wired controllers in stock'. I need to give them a visit on Monday. Hopefully they will arrange by then.

I did not ask about new or refurbished; assumed it would be a new one only. Will cross check tomorrow.

I called Xbox support and they say I have to get back to ebay dealer and that I cannot get a replacement :(. They didn't even ask about invoice or sale confirmation. They also mentioned something about ebay dealers not being "authorized" by MS. :mad:

I bought it here: Microsoft Xbox360 Wired Controller for Xbox 360 & PC | eBay

The dealer is reputed and I am sure he is "authorized".

They also mentioned something like since I did not own an xbox console, my chances of replacement are low. :mad:

Maybe I should all back and haggle.

What a load of crap!

They are entitled to provide you with a replacement even if you don't own the console. The reason why they wouldn't honor Ebay deals is because it could very well be used products and MS doesn't really want to get into replacing those deals. Anyway, Which city are you from? Did they take any of your personal details for their records like name, email address or mobile phone no?

I live in Salem, TN. Nearest authorized service centre is in Chennai which is too far for me.

They didn't ask for any personal details.

What to do? Should I haggle the hell out of 'em?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@Gannu Wait give them a ring? I'll do that.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Chennai service center number is switched off at 10 in the morning :mad:.

Will try later.

^Try calling them up later. You definitely don't expect them to open their offices at 8 MA in the morn. ;)

Anyhow, don't you have friends in Chennai? Maybe send the controller to them and ask them to help?

do any of u guys have mastered playing fps games esp call of duty with the controller...
i cant even get the cross-hair anywhere near the enemies..
i know its not recommended nor it is fun....

but the game developers always demo the game with a controller..
i know they demo xbox360 console(with aim assistance and all)...but still

I called Chennai service centre and he argued rudely "Physical damage means we cannot replace it sir" (in pucca Chennai accent which drove me crazy). I hung up.

I guess I should maintain it was a manufacturing defect. I was saying that it might have been damaged during transit.

I'm getting that replacement no matter what.

Yesterday my cousin went to the support office and came back with 3 things - 1 replacement controller and 2 shocks -

1) The controller is White

2) It is 2006 made (priced at 2600 INR), made in Singapore.

The controller is still not working. I tried with same games. I really wonder is it a mere coincidence or am I doing something terribly wrong. I will look for someone with an XBOX console and try the new controller there.

Okay, thats sad that you arefacing issues with this controller. Really sorry for you man... Anyways, I assume that you have tried without xbcd and pinnacle also? I mean, with defaut MS drivers... And, what exactly is the problem? The controller is not working at all or what?

Back in 2007 when I bought this controller, I used to use xbcd for every game. Then cam a couple of games (Teenage mutant ninja turtles etc.) that officially supported x360 controller but I did not know that. And the games wont even start with xbcd drivers. As soon as I uninstalled the xbcd drivers, the games were playable with button prompts and all....

So, if you have not tried without xbcd drivers, please do so now. With today's games, you dont need them at all..

I installed XBCD a google results mentioned use of custom drivers for rumble on PC. The controller is working fine except for rumble. I will uninstall XBCD and then try. (I did try the native drivers with old controller.)

If it doesn't work this time too, I will use as it is - at least it controls :p

At the same time I am little pissed off at the support. I mean, a 2006 made controller as replacement. WTF !!!

Thats the problem then.... XBCD drivers are NOT required for newer games (games for windows mark). Also, the rumble that xbcd can produce is useless as it binds rumble to a button adn not to an in game action. So, unless you want to use your controller as a vibrator, please get rid of xbcd. lol.....xbcd was good in 2006, 2007.... Now, not so much....

mk76 said:
At the same time I am little pissed off at the support. I mean, a 2006 made controller as replacement. WTF !!!

I had mentioned this before as well. The replacement would be a rather old controller and it's not new, but a refurb. The one I had got has rumble working perfectly. I had never had issues with any of my controllers as far as rumble was concerned. It's odd that some of you are facing this issue with your new controller. :(

Back