WTB: PCIe GFX Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switch

Skilled
I am looking for a PCIe GFX card. Dont wanna spend too much on it. Looking for something which can play Counter Strike Source with pretty decent rates @ 1024x768. Please quote your offers.

If it can do well on 1280x1024 then better :D...

Well switch i was testing my leadtek winfast 6200TC on our TE CSS server a while ago.
in low /medium settings it was giving me average of 55fps @ 1024 x 768 and at high settings it was giving 30 ~ 35 fps.

I have used x1900xt , x 800xl etc...to play CSS and frankly i found very little difference in gameplay using this card. i mean the gameplay is not as smooth as x1900xt but it is definitely playable.

the default speed of the card is, core = 350MHz / 700 Mhz memory, and i had set the card at 400 / 800 Mhz.

@ all... Thanks for your offer guys... But i am looking for something cheap... Chaep as in price... For me the price of 6600GT is a tad high...

Bump... looking for more offers...

Switch said:
@ all... Thanks for your offer guys... But i am looking for something cheap... Chaep as in price... For me the price of 6600GT is a tad high...

Bump... looking for more offers...

How cheap ??

Switch said:
Lets say 5Kish for a 6600GT.. With indian warrenty...

oh!! you want to spend 5Kish for a gfx card just to play CSS ??:huh: A foxconn s939 nf4 m/b + 6200 TC costing less than 4K (combined) will play CSS equally well.:eek:hyeah: thats cheap. Yours is more the case of "luxury"

LOL. Actually i am building a LanParty Rig as carrying my main gaming rig all over the city is a little dangerous ;). And the main thing i play is CSS so thats why i asked for a card itself.

The complete specs of the Rig is :

AMD 64 3000+ venice @ 2.6 GHz @ Stock Volts :eek:hyeah:

ASUS SLI Dlx Mobo

TwinMos 1 Gig Kit

Some Mid End Gfx Card with Zalman HSF attached on it

Vantec Ion2Storm 460Watts

I dont know but i feel this thread is gonna end up in the show off section rather then the market section...

Yup Bikey... Most Probably... LanBoy for LanParties... Now only if Ice throws a party soon enough :D...

^^ How about sourcing a 7600GT from the US ?

It'll cost you a fraction more and will outrun the 6600GT by far...

@ 7600GT fanatics: Need card NOW... Tell me HOW....

I need to buy the card today and want it in my system asap...

Somebody

Anybody

TechBoy... Are we game... awwwwww :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back