Windows 7 Professional for 19$ for Students!!

can someone who has already installed this confirm the exact version of the OS .. ie. 7600.xxxxxx

For a Dell m1330 with a T7300 processor and 2gb ram, should i install the 64bit version or the 32bit?

thexfactor said:
Just create a disk image using any imaging software such as Acronis True Image.

no third party software
then i have install that software and i am dependent on it
If third party software has to be there then only to make a restore disk as what is given by dell or hp as system restore dvd which gets their systems to factory install state

hp-india said:
^^ Windows 7 itself has an option to create a system image as well as a recovery disc. Just look under backup and restore in control panel.

In the ' create a system image option ' the image is around 15-17gb .
this will not fit in a regular dvd
I have dual layers but it will not fit in them also
When dell/hp give their system restore disk it gets system to factory state and has many extra apps like the mcafee antivirus , office trial etc ...
In the system repair disk it contains system recovery tools and restore computer from a system image
but it doesnt contain the image if i understand it correctly

so my requirement is a system restore disk built by me with all the updated divers and apps installed
No clean install required then as i do format my laptop once in 2 months
just popping the dvd in the tray and my ready to work system after an hour

i had googled extensively about it but couldnt find a good method to do it .

edit i think i should make a new thread :):)
that was a long post

kuduku said:
guys if any of you who have taken the membership of acm.org can pls confirm whether you can log into this
https://msdn70.e-academy.com/elms/Security/Login.aspx?campus=india
and does the list contain win 7 rtm
thanks
You cannot log in to this site and neither can any of us. You can only log in to the site which your acm.org membership leads you into. It looks similar to the one you have pointed to except for the ACM logo which appears at the left hand top corner. The list of software is exactly the same as shown in the first page of this thread. Guess that answers your queries.

Rather than this why non Students could try joining BizSpark STARTUP. 3 Years you can enjoy with any microsoft softwares right? only 100$ exit fee after 3 years. it's worthy for that.

Microsoft Startup Zone
one more thing.. This student licence programs, all are illegal, until and unless ur not a student for (MSDNAA)..

I don't understand how come this is not been considered as a way of piracy in TE..

sid_donnydarko said:
Let me guess....You've not been able to register an A/c for yourself

RoBoGhOsT said:
at least people are paying MS instead of using downloaded copies :| :rofl:

u were not able to get the acc right ? :rofl:

Ha ha ha.. great guess. but not..

I have TECHNET as well as MSDN (bizspark) accounts. so no need of it.. :eek:hyeah::bleh:

HellBoyX2 said:
Rather than this why non Students could try joining BizSpark STARTUP. 3 Years you can enjoy with any microsoft softwares right? only 100$ exit fee after 3 years. it's worthy for that.

Microsoft Startup Zone

one more thing.. This student licence programs, all are illegal, until and unless ur not a student for (MSDNAA)..

I don't understand how come this is not been considered as a way of piracy in TE..

The thread has been allowed in good faith under the assumption that only students/academic staff are signing up for the offer.

Much the same way, the BizSpark program you point to is legit only for startups.

Crazy_Eddy said:
The thread has been allowed in good faith under the assumption that only students/academic staff are signing up for the offer.
Much the same way, the BizSpark program you point to is legit only for startups.

YES. I'm a startup, so i have it.. more over i have a paid technet. i'm not share anyone's key here right? neither i'm not selling keys here.

Those who have small businesses can use bizSpark..

By the way how many students are there in this forum who only used this thread?. i have seen lots of people who collected keys telling they are student.. even people are selling keys here.

How about that? that's is LEGIT a?

RULES SHOULD APPLIES TO ALL.. NOT TO CERTAIN PEOPLE. EVEN MODERATORS ARE ACTING LIKE BLIND HERE..:p

How about selling keys here? is that LEGIT...

IF SOMEBODY POINT OUT THE MISTAKE. HE WILL BE CENTERED AND WILL BE AN ENEMY OF THE REST RIGHT?

i have known few people in this thread, who are not student or academic staff. Who are selling and purchasing keys. will that be right? tell me Mr.CRAZY_EDDY?

Guys,

I had registered for ACM student account on friday the 4th of september (I think). Still haven't received MSDNAA account yet.. is this normal? if not, can somebody please post the maximum number of days they had to wait to get one.. thanks in advance..

jaykishankrk said:
Guys,

I had registered for ACM student account on friday the 4th of september (I think). Still haven't received MSDNAA account yet.. is this normal? if not, can somebody please post the maximum number of days they had to wait to get one.. thanks in advance..

Did your payment got approved?. For this go to my acm page and go to my receipts, click on the receipt, go to downside, you can see either YES or APPROVAL PENDING. If you see YES then you can opt for MSDN softwares.

Srini said:
Did your payment got approved?. For this go to my acm page and go to my receipts, click on the receipt, go to downside, you can see either YES or APPROVAL PENDING. If you see YES then you can opt for MSDN softwares.

Thanks man for the quick advise... i thought i would receive the MSDNAA account through mail after registering.. guess this is what you got pay if you don't read the entire article isn't it. anyway thanks again.. i have opted for MSDNAA now.. i will have to wait for a day or so until i get keys to Magic Box :hap2:

cheers,
jay

Only two sane posts in this thread:
The only thing to keep in mind is that the software is for educational and research purposes only. For Windows it shouldn't matter as it is probably going to be used in home pcs. But do not use the expression studio software for commercial purpose as it will violate the EULA.

Microsoft had introduced the DreamSpark program a while back but it does not include windows operating system.
http://dreamsparkindia.com

Microsoft Startup Zone

Please remember Selling and buying keys is illegal - its piracy. Its against the EULA of MS. The keys are for only one individual, not meant to be shared throughout the house or given to friends.
@CrazyEddy, all your good intentions gone to waste.
Its bad news when people start buying and selling licenses for money openly. Hope this thread gets cleaned up.

And for those who think I didn't get the keys and am cribbing, sorry, I'll rather pay 10K for a retail legitimate copy than pay 800 bucks for a pirated one.
When I can pay 10K for a processor, I surely can pay that amount for an OS.

Shame on you guys. :|

That's right. IF PEOPLE love windows 7 that much, they should buy a licence. and they can use it for their own personal use.

Let students get the benefit(MSDNAA), and have a good exposure.

IF people can buy a 50-75k PC, they could afford buying a licensed OS also right(not offending anyone's freedom).

or

Wait for few months.. Gradually Windows 7 Prices will go down, once it's publically available.

Back