Windows 7 Professional for 19$ for Students!!

Well guys i got message on my cell from citibank that my card is charged with 962.27 Rs

I check msdnaa its working and i got all software list wow. I have opted in for MSDNAA lets see what happened in next 24 hrs

Srini said:
I have received an email saying ACM welcomes you.

Dear Tanneru Srinivas:

Thank you for joining ACM and welcome to the ACM Community!
Your membership number is xxxxxxx. You will receive your
membership card within 4 to 6 weeks. Please visit our "Resources for New Student Members"
website at Resources for New Student Members — Association for Computing Machinery.

As your first step, we strongly encourage you to create your free ACM Web Account (if
you haven't already.) To create your ACM Web Account, simply go to
https://campus.acm.org/public/accounts/create.cfm. Creating your free web account is essential
in order to access many areas of the ACM website.
You will find the latest information on ACM publications,
SIG activities, chapters, online books and courses, conferences and much more by
browsing our website at Welcome — Association for Computing Machinery.

Still waiting for payment approval.

Approved, I got an SMS saying $19 have been charged, and in online status is updated as YES. So succeded. I have opted for the MSDNAA, but there is no Winodws 7 in the list.

Srini said:
Approved, I got an SMS saying $19 have been charged, and in online status is updated as YES. So succeded. I have opted for the MSDNAA, but there is no Winodws 7 in the list.

Are you sure? Check the entire list. The entire Windows 7 library will be at the bottom of the drop-down list.

Apllied for 2 A/c's successfully using my Citibank MasterCard CC :eek:hyeah:

sid_donnydarko said:
Are you sure? Check the entire list. The entire Windows 7 library will be at the bottom of the drop-down list.

Apllied for 2 A/c's successfully using my Citibank MasterCard CC :eek:hyeah:

I think I have to wait for login details, I checked in myacm.org website. There it is not showing windows 7. Anyway thanks for the link, I think I can download all original Operating Systems.

kkndka said:
the MSDNAA link is there for the India plan too. Activates after payment confirmation. BTW the link has been activated for me. I just opted in for MSDNAA ..

By India plan, do you mean the Special membership fee for developing countries..?

And someone please confirm if after activating MSDN AA you are able to download Win 7.

Just registered there and got an email saying:

Order Detail
Memberships & Subscriptions
Name Qty Expiration
Date Line
Total Amount
Paid Amount
Due
Online Cacm 1 09/2010 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Crossroads 1 11/2010 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Student Membership 1 08/2010 $19.00 $19.00 $0.00
Memberships & Subscriptions
Sub-Total $19.00 $19.00 $0.00
Single Purchase Items
Name Code Qty Line
Total Amount
Paid Amount
Due
Email Forwarding Account 124 1 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Technews 180 1 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Calculator MGM001 1 $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Single Purchase Sub-Total $0.00 $0.00 $0.00
Grand Total $19.00 $0.00
Payment Information
Method: Credit Card
Credit Card Type: VISA
Number: ****************
Expiration Date: ******
Name on Card: Amol Patil
Approved: Approval Pending
Batch Date/Sequence: 29-Aug-2009 / 999
Waiting for approval now. What do I do next? :p Where do I get the download list? (Sorry for being noob-ish!)

delguy19 said:
Thats why i dont have AMEX

oh dude happened first time, they are doing offline verification.

this thing usually happens when you travel abroad..sometimes accepted, other ways rejected.

AMEX is PP connected..amazon..dx.. what not .. I cant even count the trans i've done online wid it :p (till $2K amount)

coolraghav said:
oh dude happened first time, they are doing offline verification.

this thing usually happens when you travel abroad..sometimes accepted, other ways rejected.

AMEX is PP connected..amazon..dx.. what not .. I cant even count the trans i've done online wid it :p (till $2K amount)

Relax man i know thats true. AMEX works overall world but here in india its slight less its few merchent supports it. second its not easy to own AMEX

delguy19 said:
Relax man i know thats true. AMEX works overall world but here in india its slight less its few merchent supports it. second its not easy to own AMEX

FYI, thatswhy indian banks give visa free with amex you get. both linked to same account. ;)

I have free access through college, and as of now, Its NOT WORKING. You won't be able to download Windows 7 RTM Which is available ! Some problem on their side. So don't get too exited, you will have to wait. I tried to download Seven RTM Yesterday night and today morning and it was all fail. I have already downloaded 4x Vista, 3x XP some time back. All the guys in my college class room have got access to the same.

And soon when Microsoft will find out this abuse, they will shut the doors on ! Whatever it is, get it fast.

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
I have free access through college, and as of now, Its NOT WORKING. You won't be able to download Windows 7 RTM Which is available ! Some problem on their side. So don't get too exited, you will have to wait. I tried to download Seven RTM Yesterday night and today morning and it was all fail. I have already downloaded 4x Vista, 3x XP some time back. All the guys in my college class room have got access to the same.

And soon when Microsoft will find out this abuse, they will shut the doors on ! Whatever it is, get it fast.

Microsoft has discontinued downloads for Windows 7 RC as of Aug 20.
With this method, you are assured the retail keys for the following
4 Keys - Windows 7 Professional
8 Keys - Windows Vista
3 Keys - Windows Server 2008 Enterprise/Standard Edition

coolraghav said:
Lol why on earth you are trying to download RTM version..go for Professional..

@sid - wont we get windows xp keys too ?

No dude, LOL !
If you select Download Windows 7 Professional, it will give you nothing but Windows 7 RTM down loader. And I have access to MSDNAA through my college.

Did you think Windows 7 Professional has been released ?
Well the answer is NO ! It will be launched on official dates. Until then its only RTM.

In one account I have access to 6 XP CD Keys. So if you have 2 accounts, you will get 12 XP CD Keys.
Just download XP SP3 Image and Use 12 Keys on different machines. This is how it works for me.
And XP ?? :S ! I have moved on to Seven since long time already. The last time I used XP was in 2006. Then Vista and now Seven.
Though i use XP rarely on Virtual Machines.

coolraghav said:
Lol why on earth you are trying to download RTM version..go for Professional..

@sid - wont we get windows xp keys too ?

I have opted for MSDNAA on 28th, I have not received my login details upto now, will it take more time or can I retry by opting out and opting in again.

Well same here i did it yesterday around 4 in the morning and today around 4 am it will be 24 hours and till now i have not recieved any mail regarding MSDNAA login info. I hope i will get mail today in next 5 hours. lets see.

ok guys i got mail few minutes ago and all softwares are available. But here a catch in faq's section its clearly mention that software will install once on machine means key will works only once. If anyone wana install again contact PA. seems have to download the one with multiple users

Back