Windows 7 Professional for 19$ for Students!!

Any idea if i go for the ACM Professional Membership the

ACM Basic Online Membership Package -- ($20 U.S. Dollars) will i get all the benefits...

vb86 said:
if i install this and format my lappie in the future, can i still use the same key again?

I guess till you are ACM member you can use. Once you/ACM revoke your membership ACM would most likely scrap the keys.

47Shailesh said:
I guess till you are ACM member you can use. Once you/ACM revoke your membership ACM would most likely scrap the keys.

Its valid as long as you don't use it for business purposes -

Q. Can students keep these tools after they graduate?
A. Yes, this license is perpetual and nontransferable. You don’t have to uninstall the tools, but the stipulation of “academic use only†does not change. From MSDN AA Website (thanks to: i6s1)

So if I format my pc and install it again, how will they know its not being installed on someone else's system ie. transferred? Also, how will they know if it is being used for business purposes or not? By perpetual, do you mean that I can reinstall it after formatting my pc?

^ AFAIK when somebody registers with the key, as part of registration data some of the hardware details are sent across to microsoft (details that are enough to classify between two computers). So if you re-register with same hardware, it should work. If hardware changes and it doesn't work, call up microsoft and they should be able to sort it out.

I have received an email saying ACM welcomes you.

Dear Tanneru Srinivas:

Thank you for joining ACM and welcome to the ACM Community!
Your membership number is xxxxxxx. You will receive your
membership card within 4 to 6 weeks. Please visit our "Resources for New Student Members"
website at Resources for New Student Members — Association for Computing Machinery.

As your first step, we strongly encourage you to create your free ACM Web Account (if
you haven't already.) To create your ACM Web Account, simply go to
https://campus.acm.org/public/accounts/create.cfm. Creating your free web account is essential
in order to access many areas of the ACM website.
You will find the latest information on ACM publications,
SIG activities, chapters, online books and courses, conferences and much more by
browsing our website at Welcome — Association for Computing Machinery.

Still waiting for payment approval.

andrew327 said:
Any idea if i go for the ACM Professional Membership the

ACM Basic Online Membership Package -- ($20 U.S. Dollars) will i get all the benefits...

The form for each type of membership has a 'Membership benefits' para below which lists what is offered. Only the 19$ student membership offers MSDNAA access.

hp-india said:
Is this available to any ACM member..? My brother is an ACM member since the past couple of years..

And what is this SPecial Membership fees for students of developing countries that the site mentions..? Are they too eligible for this program..?

Any info about the second Q..?

Srini said:
I have received an email saying ACM welcomes you.

Dear Tanneru Srinivas:

Thank you for joining ACM and welcome to the ACM Community!
Your membership number is xxxxxxx. You will receive your
membership card within 4 to 6 weeks. Please visit our "Resources for New Student Members"
website at Resources for New Student Members — Association for Computing Machinery.

As your first step, we strongly encourage you to create your free ACM Web Account (if
you haven't already.) To create your ACM Web Account, simply go to
https://campus.acm.org/public/accounts/create.cfm. Creating your free web account is essential
in order to access many areas of the ACM website.
You will find the latest information on ACM publications,
SIG activities, chapters, online books and courses, conferences and much more by
browsing our website at Welcome — Association for Computing Machinery.

Still waiting for payment approval.

Even i got similar email after filling up student membership form and paying $19 annual membership fees. But after 6 Hours they sent me email stating that the credit card authorization is declined. I resubmitted the payment, hopefully it will go through this time.
Anyone using indian visa/mc was successful in completing the payment and getting login info to MSDN website, kindly do post here.

Bl^nK said:
Even i got similar email after filling up student membership form and paying $19 annual membership fees. But after 6 Hours they sent me email stating that the credit card authorization is declined. I resubmitted the payment, hopefully it will go through this time.
Anyone using indian visa/mc was successful in completing the payment and getting login info to MSDN website, kindly do post here.

Can we call Bank and ask them to authorize the payment?.
I called bank and they are saying unable to approve as there is no transaction reflecting.

Srini said:
Can we call Bank and ask them to authorize the payment?.
I called bank and they are saying unable to approve as there is no transaction reflecting.

Did you get similar email, if not your transaction is not yet processed by merchant gateway they using. That is the reason it is not reflecting.

Code:
Dear xxxxxx xxxxxx:

We have been unable to obtain the necessary authorization for your Visa credit card in the amount of $19.00, for ACM Order ID xxxxxxx.

You can supply ACM your credit card information online, by fax, phone or mail.

Online: 
  [url]https://campus.acm.org/public/rectifycc/rectifycc.cfm?orderID=xxxxxxx[/url] .

Fax:   +1-212-944-1318 
Phone: ACM Member Services at 1-800-342-6626 (US and Canada), +1-212-626-0500 (World-wide) 
Mail:  ACM, Member Services Dept. 
       2 Penn Plaza, Suite 701 
       New York, NY 10121-0701 
       USA

ACM office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, EST.

Well as far as i have seen the payment link and info its not going to be processed online. as that info dont ask for cvv or secure code. it simply ask for name of card owner card number and date of expiry thats all. Means they will send going to send offline approval request to bank. It will be done in case citibank or any international bank is concern and may not happened in case of icici or hdfc. lets see if my works out or not as i did with my citibank

Crazy_Eddy said:
There's only a 1$ saving for India, and no mention about MSDNAA. Not worth the risk.

I registered for payment under the 18$ plan. After creating a web account, I was logged in and even got to the option of opting for MSDNAA, but after my payment was processed. My payment has still not been processed. But I guess its alright to take a risk.

Bl^nK said:
I got pay using my indian visa card and payment was successful. Got confirmation and right now downloading the image :) Yesterday night, I paid for it, by morning my 'MSDN AA' link was active and I opted for the software and when I checked 20 minutes back, my account was active and i could start download! ;-)

the MSDNAA link is there for the India plan too. Activates after payment confirmation. BTW the link has been activated for me. I just opted in for MSDNAA ..

Back