Windows Windows 10 free upgrade

Old keys don't work until they are upgraded as a Windows 10 key in MS servers. For that first you have to do a upgrade and activate Windows 10. After that you can do a clean install any number of times without a key, your hardware id will act as key for Activation.

Regarding the setup asking key, while upgradation from Genuine Windows 8.1, it happened with me as well. I used official MSDN iso file downloaded from MS server using following link and my problem was fixed. If your Windows instalation is English internationl, replace en-us with en-gb in following link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/techbench

Thanks boss.....

Actually I found the issue after much trial and error.

I had downloaded the 64 bit iso in the office using MediaCreator on my office laptop which is Windows 7 Enterprise x64.Then I created a USB drive using Rufus and when I tried running the setup.exe from the bootable pen drive on my Home Desktop running 8.1 64 bit it kept on asking for Product Key.

Then reading the Anandtech article I executed the MediaCreator on my home machine which I was planning to upgrade and then created a bootable pen drive directly from the tool.
After that when I executed the setup.exe on the home machine it worked without asking for any key and the same pen drive also worked on my download rig which runs the same OS i.e. Windows 8.1 x64

So I think that while creating an iso/pen drive from Mediacreator you need to keep in mind that you will be able to use the iso/pen drive only on machines which are running the same OS as on the machine on which the iso/pen drive was created using Medaicreator.(which in my case was Windows 7 Enterprise) and hence it refused to work without a key while trying to execute setup.exe on 8.1 machines.

Now I will be upgrading my Transformer convertible(running 8.1 32 bit) the same way over the weekend.

Or you could just upgrade from an windows 10 iso :expressionless:
Upgraded from Win 10 iso only .
That was not the point of discussion .
Which was that you could upgrade to Win 10 without any reserve crap or downloading Win 7/8/1 upgrades till date then do the upgrade .

Upgraded from Win 10 iso only .
That was not the point of discussion .
Which was that you could upgrade to Win 10 without any reserve crap or downloading Win 7/8/1 upgrades till date then do the upgrade .
u can upgrade from windows 10 iso without reserving the upgrade.
the fact is you have to download something one way or another.it is better to download the iso which u can reuse.
download the windows 10 iso but dont boot from it.
mount it on windows 8/8.1/7 .no need to reserve the upgrade or install the latest updates .just run the setup.you wont even need to provide any serial.it will upgrade just like from windows update.

u can upgrade from windows 10 iso without reserving the upgrade.
the fact is you have to download something one way or another.it is better to download the iso which u can reuse.
download the windows 10 iso but dont boot from it.
mount it on windows 8/8.1/7 .no need to reserve the upgrade or install the latest updates .just run the setup.you wont even need to provide any serial.it will upgrade just like from windows update.
I think you are not getting what kuduku been trying to say. Re-read :p

Has anyone been able to upgrade via the 'normal' upgrade method from Win7/8 - without using MediaCreationTool or ISOs? Or are we all still in queue?

Has anyone been able to upgrade via the 'normal' upgrade method from Win7/8 - without using MediaCreationTool or ISOs? Or are we all still in queue?
I upgraded via normal method from windows 8.1 to 10 with out using Media Creation Tool or ISO's. There are no queue's as of now yet!

"All Control Panel Items" icon appears after every reboot on the desktop....... But a simple F5 refresh automatically removes it.....

How to make it stop appearing after reboot/shutdowns?

yea..... it isnt a virus problem.....

I saw it first after the upgrade...... Right Clicking it gives only..... Open .... Pin to Start.... Pin to Task.... Create Shortcut....

TGri3W4.png

Anyone with a workaround for KIS 2014. I have a 3-year licence and now it won't work with Win10 :-(. Also the 2014 key working on 2016 product seems bleak.

Anyone with a workaround for KIS 2014. I have a 3-year licence and now it won't work with Win10 :-(. Also the 2014 key working on 2016 product seems bleak.
I had KIS 2015 3 yrs licence and it didn't work on Win 10.But KIS 2016 is working and the product key will work on all version of KIS till the end of the licence period.
So KIS 2016/17 doesn't matter as long as you have the 3 yr licence key.

My 3 Years KIS 2015 is working fine with Windows 10. I did upgrade from 8.1 rather than doing clean install. So KIS still remains activated.

Considering the privacy issues, I wouldnt upgrade soon. They are collecting lots of info from your computer.

Back