Which Touchscreen Mobile to take ?

Udit said:
lol iPhone is super crappy :p

Reasons:
1. No SMS forward.can’t send to multiple. You have to write again and again.

2. No MMS

3. No video recording.what the use of 8GB memory and 2MP camera if you cannot record video

4. Not so many software and games.

5. No 3G.

6. You can't use it as a modem.

7. You can’t download and save files on your iPhone. You can just view them.

8. No good file explorer.

9. No flash files support.

10. You can’t install java software and application.

11. No good PDF viewer. You can read it with safari. You download one ebook with 1000 pages & if you want to read the 980th page you have start from page one, no "go to" page option. It takes approx 10mins to reach that page with fast scrolling.

There are applications and games for iPhone on apple.com
What is the use of 3G in India?

I am not much of an iphone user, had my time with it though...

so all of what you said here kauzy
Reasons:

1. No SMS forward.can’t send to multiple. You have to write again and again.

use iSMS.....

2. No MMS

use iMMS

3. No video recording.what the use of 8GB memory and 2MP camera if you cannot record video

they haven't given 8 GB for recording videos.... but for storing and listening to ur fav music :bleh:

4. Not so many software and games.

just do a simple google search nd u'll come to know :no:

5. No 3G.

is 3G even started in India??:huh:

6. You can't use it as a modem.

u can surf on the iphone better than ne other phone... so do u really need it to connect to ur PC??

7. You can’t download and save files on your iPhone. You can just view them.

apple's anti-piracy policy :D

8. No good file explorer.

ibricker does the job....

9. No flash files support.

didn't understand what u wanna say... :ashamed: but hey... u can watch youtube on it :hap2:

10. You can’t install java software and application.

:huh:

11. No good PDF viewer. You can read it with safari. You download one ebook with 1000 pages & if you want to read the 980th page you have start from page one, no "go to" page option. It takes approx 10mins to reach that page with fast scrolling.

books is the software u'll need :D
All these 3rd party hacked apps, can be simply put to death by a single update from apple...:no:

Also apple has sworn to fight back this unlocking thing..

So i hope you understand the risk..
Also the main issue here is that at 23k in india, there are wayyy better phones present.
But in the case of the present query, that this thread pertains to, iphone has the best touchscreen, which is the buyer's priority in this thread...

All these 3rd party hacked apps, can be simply put to death by a single update from apple...

Also apple has sworn to fight back this unlocking thing..

So i hope you understand the risk..

Nothing is risk in Unlocking, You can Downgrade the Firware, also BL ver. now. You can unlock the recent Firmware within 3 minutes now... Nothing will go wrong in software.. If you have doubt about hardware and body.. No other mobile can easily beat iPhone.

The ROKR has a sad touch interface.. msging is a pain... U get a 3.5mm jack tho hence can plug any earphones to it.. Camera is jus decent n nothing spectacular..

The P1i is more like a phone suited fer business ppl.. But has loads of aopps tat can be used with it..

I'd suggest get an HTC touch...

Any specific reason getting a touchscreen phone(other than the show-off thingie :p)???

If this's wat u need:
good call sound quality and call reception.
good sound quality and speakers.

Then settle fer les say a SE K800i, SE W910i..
The K has a good cam as well...

gannu_rox said:
Any specific reason getting a touchscreen phone(other than the show-off thingie :p)???

he also has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy like me thus he cannot press normal buttons easily :)

kauzy said:
hope u got the answers u needed :p

1. First you purchase an iPhone from the US (or Grey market in India) for 20k.

2. You unlock it to use it in India and in the process void your warranty (and just hope it does not break down soon)

3. Then you install all sorts of unsigned applications to get the same functionality that you get from many sub 10k phones out of the box. Apple signed applications means you get very limited set of applications to choose from. Maybe Apple or the app developer will even charge you a nominal fee for their applications.

4. Then your battery goes bad after an year or two, oops you cannot replace the battery yourself, you have to send it to Apple for replacement, but hey you hacked your iPhone, so maybe Apple wont agree to replace the battery or maybe they will at their own discretion. So you either throw away the phone and get a new one or go to some third party battery manufacturer who will replace your iPhone battery for a fee.

Anyways iPhone will be released in India probably by the mid of this year, but I dont think the official price would be less than 25k. Its a decent Phone, but its not worth more than 12~13k for the features offered. Still Apple pwns everyone when it comes to marketing.

12-13k? I think 15K is more like it, Screen is one of the more expensive components of a phone, Apple does have a large screen so I can understand a slightly higher price, however I agree it is overpriced for what it offers. What I like about the iphone is the interface, its fantastic but this is subjective. Look at the interface for sms msg, that's innovative and you have to think why other companies can't do this so its not all marketing. Nokia has been sitting on its backside slow dripping features for too long now. We need companies like Apple to come in and provide some much need competition. Apple do think hard and innovate on user experience.

I think Nokia should start pricing phones reasonably, if they launched something like iPhone before the iPhone I am sure they would be charging 40k plus. In that context the current prices of iPhone in US seem as par, 399 and 499, certainly not exorbitant. Plus Nokia has 3g, wifi etc but those screens are too small for a reasonable web experience and severely limit the phones usability compared to iPhone.

For internet, phone and music iPhone is a pretty good device. Video recording and hi res photos it lags behind Nokia but hopefully Apple will release new enhanced versions soon. Only they shoud lose this locking business if they want to be a serious contender in the mobile handset market. That's a huge minus in any comparision.

I bought a k850i...like a month back.....personally i luv my phone....the cybershot 5mp cam is jus AMAZING !!...Its got good features, great battery life....ppl say dat its keypad is a bit annoying......but i aint a messaging freak...so no probs for me thr.....overall a very good phone IMO.

CHEERS.

Guys have any of you used the Asus phones ? I have seen their print ads many times and really like the looks (maybe its just me) but want to know how good they are.

You guys are confusing him.
@anirudh...if you want more apps and PDA style phone go for HTC Touch but remember NO keypad.
If you want keypad, touch screen and lots of apps buy P1i.
W960i has good camera besides music.

Choice is yours..

Back