Adept
I need a Touchscreen Mobile. which one to take from the following:

Sony Ericsson P1i

Sony Ericsson W960i

LG Viewty

HTC Touch

Motorola ROKR E6
Things I need
good call sound quality and call reception.
good sound quality and speakers.

please help me

iPhone not worth the money , only if u like its interface.

It has too many features missing for how much its costing.

LG Viewty , just forget it haven't heard good things abt it , that’s why it didnt became a iphone killer.

That leaves with these choice

Sony Ericsson P1i | Sony Ericsson W960i | HTC Touch | Motorola ROKR E6

P1i - is a gr8 phone n its Symbian UIQ , loads of UIQ softwares there.

W960i - Walkman Phone

HTC Touch - Touch Flow + WM6 [WM6 also has huge list of softwares]

RoKr E6 - i have no idea.

Decide between Symbian uiq | walkman | WM6

Read reviews and decide wat to get

Rahulrulez said:
HTC touch in above list..

But iPhone will be better :D

lol iPhone is super crappy :p

Reasons:

1. No SMS forward.can’t send to multiple. You have to write again and again.

2. No MMS

3. No video recording.what the use of 8GB memory and 2MP camera if you cannot record video

4. Not so many software and games.

5. No 3G.

6. You can't use it as a modem.

7. You can’t download and save files on your iPhone. You can just view them.

8. No good file explorer.

9. No flash files support.

10. You can’t install java software and application.

11. No good PDF viewer. You can read it with safari. You download one ebook with 1000 pages & if you want to read the 980th page you have start from page one, no "go to" page option. It takes approx 10mins to reach that page with fast scrolling.

^ I wonder.. even after being so 'unintelligent', how did it become the gadget of the year..? :lol: Ppl will buy anything with the 'I' moniker attached to it..:p

Who says that W960i is Just a Walkman phone, well it runs Symbian OS v9.1/ UIQ 3.0. Has a 3.15 MP, Wi-Fi 802.11b, 8 GB shared memory for storage, 128 MB RAM, 256 MB flash memory [96 MB reserved &160 MB user memory], & above all a TFT touchscreen Capable of 256K colors @ 240 x 320 pixels with a 2.6 inches display.... Was always waiting for this to be launched in india but now days i'm using WM6 based Phones & i'm quite happy with it.........

If prices go down for the W960i will definitely go for it...........
good call sound quality and call reception.

Well Call reception depends on a lot of factors, like service provider etc.....
The same cell might give some better reception but to some it won't.

iPhone is suited for some things and Apple's sucky marketing strategy tied to operators is too US centric to work elsewhere.

Having said that iphone does have its strengths. Its an unparalleled web device, browsing the web on any other phone is primitive compared to iPhone. Nothing else is this user friendly or intuitive. I have used blackberries, Nokia models from 6600, to N73, E61 and N95 which I currently use and tried various other pdas. These are not web devices, the screen size limits them out of that pretension.

iPhone has a fantastic user interface, the challenge for most mobile devices is screen size and iPhone touch screen and innovative interface solves this somewhat rather than heavy phones with qwerty keypads and clunky interfaces.

Its a good multimedia device and gives you a great mp3 player and a big screen to watch movies without squinting and damaging your eyes. If 3G, Video clips, and a higher res camera are important then iPhone rules itself out, if a touchscreen with well integrated interface, decent phone, web device and multimedia is your priority iPhone is the best choice.

Also I am getting tired of Nokia sitting on its leadership for such a long time and this is overwhelming leadership and billions in profits and not innovating. The popularity of the iPhone should give them a wakeup call rather than giving us features in drips according to some marketing strategy. If you think iPhone is overpriced what about Nokia N series. iPhone looks modestly priced compared to Nokia.

Its good to have Apple in the market, that should push other to innovate, already Nokia and Sony Ericson are announcing iPhone knockoffs which just shows they were caught napping, and gives customers better devices in future.

Udit said:
lol iPhone is super crappy :p

Reasons:

2. No MMS

3. No video recording.what the use of 8GB memory and 2MP camera if you cannot record video

5. No 3G.

11. No good PDF viewer. You can read it with safari. You download one ebook with 1000 pages & if you want to read the 980th page you have start from page one, no "go to" page option. It takes approx 10mins to reach that page with fast scrolling.

more than 50% features are available in newer firmware :p :p

IMO interface only gets you that far just as good graphics in games.

For me, the most important features that a good phone should have are a good display and a good platform for apps. Thye apps are what give a mobile device its versatality.

AS such, Im a huge symbian fan.

^New firmware wont get you new hardware...A 2 megpxl cam is wayyy too low,
And in india especially it makes no sense to buy it due to unlocking probs, But given the choice you hav, the walkman or the iphone is ur best choice...

Hmmm,

Well I would recommend HTC Phone as a matter of fact any WM5 phone.

I wrote application for it ( I felt need for it and there were none) in flat 2 hours :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: . The combination used were:

T Mobile DASH (WM6) + Python + IE Pocket.

Some screenies:

Also you get Free FTP Server that u can use to copy stuff on wifi. :clap: :clap: Watch movies from a home media server.

~LT

^New firmware wont get you new hardware...A 2 megpxl cam is wayyy too low,

And in india especially it makes no sense to buy it due to unlocking probs, But given the choice you hav, the walkman or the iphone is ur best choice...

See.. with iphone 1.1.3, more than 75% if these lol issues solved.. and camera doesn't matter for sound and interface lovers... Also there is no Unlocking problem in India, whether it is very very easy now :p

Udit said:
lol iPhone is super crappy :p :mad: :mad:

Reasons:

use iSMS.....

2. No MMS

use iMMS

they haven't given 8 GB for recording videos.... but for storing and listening to ur fav music :bleh:

just do a simple google search nd u'll come to know :no:

5. No 3G.

is 3G even started in India??:huh:

u can surf on the iphone better than ne other phone... so do u really need it to connect to ur PC??

apple's anti-piracy policy :D

ibricker does the job....

didn't understand what u wanna say... :ashamed: but hey... u can watch youtube on it :hap2:

:huh:

books is the software u'll need :D

hope u got the answers u needed :p

some of the pictures taken from my iPhone

Ma niece :D

lol..

Peoples even don't use the product and judge them... Actually, iPhone fixed about all the lacks in its first update of firmware.

I dont think Apple added those functionalities through a firmwire update.
It was Hackers who jailbroke allowing unsigned application run on their phone

Back