Which phone to buy from SAUDI ARABIA (25k) - NOKIA N9 ?

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello guys, my uncle is in Saudi Arabia. I am opting for the Nokia N9. Is it a better buy ?. Due to some reasons i dont prefer going for Android OS. Anyone have idea about the meego OS which comes with N9 ?. Please guys its very urgent. In a couple of hours, they will start shopping....

Thanx in advance

I beg to differ . there is already an update out PR1.1 for the N9 , and nokia is already working on the future updates (PR 1.2) for the Meego based N9 . So, in the near future nokia will support and will come up with updates for N9 .

Dont go with that carl zeiss thing , its just overhyped . check out this review - 8 megapixel mega shootout: Picture this - GSMArena.com ... that 8MP carl zeiss camera stand no where close that of 4s & SG2 .

And as someone said , i would ask you to stay away from N9 especially @ that price .Though, one of my friend is using it and i was very impressed with the OS , looks and overall performance of the phone !

Well saudi is famous for gold plated official nokia phones like nokia c3 01 and 6500. But coming back to the topic n9 will be supported by nokia , but lack of 3rd party apps might be a problem. Even if it manages to support android, considering the last gen soc,it might just not be good enough for 2012 android games. How about galaxy note ? Or maybe htc titan if available.

Well, as of now N9 recieved first update (PR 1.1) in some countries. It'll roll out to all pretty soon. Also Nokia is working for a camera update already. It'll be available with PR1.2 update. The camera is not that much good as everyone expected. It doesn't mean the camera is bad. But what you'll get an update very near. MeeGo is not dead. Even if Nokia abandoned it. Go ahead. Grab an N9. Lets know the price in Saudi Arabia. If I have a chance to buy I would buy this piece of art. I'm searching for a way.

If the price is more than 25k, then i have to think about it. But even if it is below 25k is it worth to buy it ?. You mean the S^3 apps can be easily converted to work in meego ? Since it has only a couple of apps ATM i am very worried. I think it might take atleast a year to develop a handful of applications. But the phone UI is superb.

Will come with the price, then i will decide to buy it or not....

Anything special with this beast ?. It lacks card slot and HDMI port. Does these really matter ?. IMO memory card slot is a must cuz, if the phone fails to boot up then i can alteast access the contact data and for various other reasons i feel a card slot is a must...

What do you say guys ?

u can get the N9 if you are happy with wat apps are on the device ie. use the phone as is...for tat it might be the best phone.
Since it is a dead OS no manufacturer is going to woo developers to make new apps for it.Even Intel who partnered with Nokia to make MeeGo has joined with Samsung to make a new OS.
BUT if ur the kind who likes to have a lot of apps then Android or iOS is the way to go.

No, even now i need a good calculator, video recording apps , call recorder (like best call recorder - very important), dictionary software (like msdict - very important) anti theft app, file manager (like x-plore ), and a good photo viewer (like resco photo viewer), music player (like lcg jukebox) and a restart app (which is the only app currently developed)...

I wont be requiring more than this... I hope atleast these basic apps will be developed....

What did you expect ? It is a rather limited edition device. Also... just because it is out of your budget kindly refrain from calling it shit.

Anyways... been using mine for a while now , decent phone. Definitely NOT for an average user ( minimal amount of apps would be an issue ) but i really like mine. The camera is not even close to that on the N8.

@Anfjavid you might be better off getting the Lumia 800. Thats my next device as well..

Back