Which phone to buy from SAUDI ARABIA (25k) - NOKIA N9 ?

anfjavid

Skilled
Hello guys, my uncle is in Saudi Arabia. I am opting for the Nokia N9. Is it a better buy ?. Due to some reasons i dont prefer going for Android OS. Anyone have idea about the meego OS which comes with N9 ?. Please guys its very urgent. In a couple of hours, they will start shopping....

Thanx in advance

Mate, where did you get the phone from and for what price did you get it ?. Just because of the price alone i am not saying that, but it lacks even app support. Thats why i was very frustrated. But TBH i like the device even now. Actually the Nokia people deserve "that" word and not the device. They could have made it as a Symbian or android device... At the same time i dont know what complications will arise had they done so..

anfjavid said:
Mate, where did you get the phone from and for what price did you get it ?. Just because of the price alone i am not saying that, but it lacks even app support. Thats why i was very frustrated. But TBH i like the device even now. Actually the Nokia people deserve "that" word and not the device. They could have made it as a Symbian or android device... At the same time i dont know what complications will arise had they done so..

Well It is we the consumers that forced Nokia to avoid symbian in High end devices. Imagine If N9 had come with Symbian everyone would have accused that Nokia hardware was once again spoiled by "poor" OS. Thats the reason Nokia chose maemo/meego and WP7 for N9.

Ok guys. Now dropped the idea of N9 even if it retails for <25k. Now is it worth buying Nokia N8 in Saudi Arabia. The lowest price i can get is 19.7k. And just now i noticed in poorvika and other mobile retailers websites, the N8 price is slightly hiked - Rs.22.5k. Initially it retailed for 21.7k. Not for the price difference, but is there any difference in make between saudi arabia and India ?.

Is it worth to buy it from there for "that" difference ?

^^ well said pal ... Thanx. But, is the purple tint issue still resident in the n8's display ?. A lot of complaints were there in n8 and this is the worst one including the low memory issue.. Should i be concerned about these b4 wallet clearance ?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

on a side note by "that" difference i meant any difference in make and not price difference..

Regarding the N9 , you are clearly not the target customer :) ( no offence meant ) I got mine from the flagship store in Finland and paid a bomb for the 64GB version.

The N8.. i'm running Belle on mine and haven't faced any low memory issues. Purple tint was never a problem on mine so i can't comment on that but from what i hear... it was fixed on the later batches.

Back