I may go for d plazma mostly :hap5:

@ nukeu666

Go for d plasma...

it cmz for

60k approx with bill @ Croma

Or

52k approx without bill @ Alfa

BF1983 said:
^^ But I went to the Malad Croma and the Plasma was for 69000 !

Hey I thought plasmas consume more power than the LCD's , i am not sure .. but every time i went to a TV showroom and passed via all the tv's i felt it was warmer at the screen of a plasma than the LCD stuff .. any guys know more about that..

Yes, Plasmas do consume more power than LCDs. They also get much hotter than LCDs. But in the end, you should look at which technology gives better picture quality and Plasmas are better and cheaper at the same time.

There is basically no difference in the average consumption of

an LCD equivalent in size to a 42 in. modern plasma TV. This is

well documented by tests made by various laboratories. The

explanation is quite simple: a plasma TV consumes a variable

amount of power, depending on the image shown (the tests

were made with several kinds of movies, because the movie you

play has a great impact: thrillers tends to be darker, while

cartoons use more light). When a plasma screen is black, the

consumption drops to about 65 W.

On the other hand, due to its backlight system, for LCDs the

power consumption is virtually constant, no matter if the screen

is bright white or totally black: the LCD simply switches the

backlit light on and off for every colour pixel. The power

consumption for a 42 in LCD goes between 150 and 180W.

So while the power consumption indicated on plasma TVs is the

maximum, on the LCD TVs +it+ is indeed the power that is

constantly drawn.

I doubt the credibility of the above, but heres the source The plasma TVs power consumption myth: reader comment from lixpaulian - CNET News.com

For power consumption chart go here:

HDTV power consumption compared - TV power consumption - CNET reviews

i just bought a 37 in 5 series FULL HD from samsung and trust me this time samsung has done a really good job.the style,the detail,the sharpness its mind blowing.anyways for me this is the BEST 37 inch.anyone considering lcd in 37 in range do take a demo of it and i gaurantee you wont get diasspointed.!

A note of caution:

The demo will be HD content and so dont be floored too much by the standard demos if more than 90% of your viewing is "cable TV and standard DVD"

the official price of the tv is 77000 .But i got it for around 67000 with bill and warranty.the reason i got a such a wonderful price for this babie is because ,the samsung dealer is a good friend of mine.anywayz i m enjoyin it with my ps3.. YUPPIEE..!!

vij said:
A note of caution:

The demo will be HD content and so dont be floored too much by the standard demos if more than 90% of your viewing is "cable TV and standard DVD"

yeh our local sony world branch have just installed a new Blu Ray player . it's awesome :p(i mean pic quality of full blown HD) on sony bravia.. but one shouldn't buy a big size LCD/Plasma for normal cable coz it gonna suck.

You need a good amount of space to use a projector and the aesthetics of having a projector and an LCD TV are not the same.

Plus this is a full HD TV. You can't get a Full HD Projector at anywhere close to that price.

chromatic said:
the official price of the tv is 77000 .But i got it for around 67000 with bill and warranty.the reason i got a such a wonderful price for this babie is because ,the samsung dealer is a good friend of mine.anywayz i m enjoyin it with my ps3.. YUPPIEE..!!

Very good price for a really good TV- would U please give your impression of the picture quality as also the sound quality( will use it to mostly watch Tata Sky as well as Movies. . This is the size that suits me too.

Hmm, for 69k, I would choose the Panasonic Plasma anyday ! I saw it at Croma and was simply blown away ! It looked much better than all those LCD TVs next to it. I don't know why people still go for LCD TVs after I saw that Plasma.

normally i dont use my tv for normal cable veiwing.but yeah tatasky does look good on this tv and when it comes to movies using a dvd player its very sharp,nice colours.i have a ps3 and i have seen some blue ray movies on this tv its completly different when ur watchin on full hd, i mean its simply superb,very very detailed.and what else you want in this price?

you are getting FULL HD ,CLEAR PANEL,15000:1 dynamic contrast,usb port,3 hdmi.so its completely FUTURE PROOF

PLASMAS-may be they offer intense black levels,almost no response time.but i dont know there is something which has always hold me from buyin a plasma.

It depends upon personal choice,personal needs,Both technlogies are good,both have there advantages and disadvantages.
anyways i am really happy with my choice and i m enjoyin it to the fullest.!

^^Unfortunately other than static spatial resolution, LCDs have no advantages. So if you wanna stare at the desktop get an LCD. If there's any motion involved, plasma is the way to go. Looks like you took a lame decision.

Chaos said:
^^Unfortunately other than static spatial resolution, LCDs have no advantages. So if you wanna stare at the desktop get an LCD. If there's any motion involved, plasma is the way to go. Looks like you took a lame decision.

For you may be its a lame decision but for me its a wise one.As i said it depends upon ones pesonal needs.so my need wasnt a plasma.i wanted to use it as a desktop monitor,wanted to play pc games on it.thaz why i went for it and i am pretty impressed with it.

Back