which cell phone ??

shadyrocker08 said:
Dude..you can't have Milk and Curd at the same time. Very hard to digest.
N95 is a good choice. Quite comfortable in pocket and feature rich. Best part 3.5mm jack! Wow! Plugin your EP630 and keep rockin' !

One question: What is lassi? :p btw That was lassi and not lassie perv ;)

shadyrocker08 said:
Umm not too much of lassi fan..But try having curd after glass of hot milk.. ;)
You'll know the difference.

:rofl: you musta tried...besides the pharmalogy is got to do more with forced curdling in your stomach than digestion ;)
On topic lets keep it useful for rahul shall we. We were on phones and what's right for him. Any more advice other than what I suggested? Mention, we're all ears :D

after looking at ur thread vandal i am feeling much more confused ......

again feeling like wasting money on cell phone :-/

anyways leave that aside ..... please someone comment on the GPS quality of N95 ..... how bad it is coz thats the only thing i am interested in .....

i use SMS rarely these days ...... most probably i will be using wifi but not much ...... camera very little use ..... Mp3 maybe but not much ......

you are much better off getting a sirfstar II/III based Bluetooth GPS receiver...

cheaper than the premium for N95, yet better....faster locks, more accurate and no need to keep the phone under line of sight

I was just having a discussion with my friend in office today about the N95..as it happens, he gifted one to his girl recently...(rich a$$ he is..:p ) Then within a month's time, the slider had started to creak badly..a week back, it stopped responding to the open/close positions...now it just restarts on opening up...he has sent it for repair..:no:damn, tht was scary..:p I asked, if she dropped it or something, but he insists, tht she is very careful with it as its a gift..:p

I dont wanna scare you....just pointing out the possibilities..:p Better get the N73me...no moving parts..(the cam cover creaks after long term usage though...:p ) So its a safer bet than the N95...i'll not put my money in the n95 now..not after hearing all tht...:no:

Vandal said:
PS: If I do as you suggest would I get repped? ;)

Ofcourse....yeh bhi koi poochne ki baat hai?? :p

superczar said:
you are much better off getting a sirfstar II/III based Bluetooth GPS receiver...

cheaper than the premium for N95, yet better....faster locks, more accurate and no need to keep the phone under line of sight

hmmm ..... so which device/phone do u suggest to be used with the sirfstar ..... coz most of the bluetooth based products doesn't have a display ..... i guess a phone with big display will be better option ..... wat do u say ??

Bro, just go with the N95 will you? As you had said earlier, you want a flashy BLING-BLING :bleh: phone . And right now, i dont think there's any other phone in that range that satisfies the FLASHY-BLING-BLING-THING that you are looking for :) .

And regarding squeaky parts, I guess if its moving, there's always a chance that something might start squeaking sometime. Something that you might just have to deal with if it happens. Who knows ?? These things do come with a warranty card, so if it squeaks, get it replaced. Not to mention, if you go for something else, then the same can happen to that device as well, cant it?

Your call bro :)

hmmm ..... so which device/phone do u suggest to be used with the sirfstar ..... coz most of the bluetooth based products doesn't have a display ..... i guess a phone with big display will be better option ..... wat do u say ?

The BT GPS receiver will be just a receiver..that's all!

Now GPS mapping apps are available for most OSs including Symbian and Windows mobile

So you can choose any Symbian/UIQ/WM phone you want

techpal said:
take N95. Mine N95 slider is rock solid. May be earlier batch had problems.

Its not an earlier batch thing. It depends how you use it and after awhile any moving part will deteriorate due to friction.

I'd say give it a few months of regular use and then see.

@ Rahul was I you, I'd go WM and get the GPS reciever ceezee ;) was talkin about. If you want to go Nokia then go for something like an N73ME or possibly even the E61.

I said N95 based on your flashy bling-bling. But look at it this way, how long will that bling last?? Seems you have cleared your own confusion when you said all you were looking at in the N95 was GPS, in that case look elsewhere...

In jasjar guise this is what I'm using, and the screen cannot get much bigger :D
O2 XDA Exec - Full phone specifications

If you want something powerful like this I can PM you pics of the cell.

Here's the MiniS
O2 XDA mini S - Full phone specifications

Also very good (may get cheaper because its an older model)
O2 XDA IIi - Full phone specifications

There are equivalent models in Imate, Dopod, Q-Tek and HTC. Remember HTC makes all these phones the others just brand em.

If you want the ultimate PDA (for me)

HTC Advantage X7500 - Full phone specifications

This will be available in singapore and dubai, but not here (at least I've not seen it)

hmmmm ...... these are awesome phones vandal but way off my budget :-/ ...... HTC U1000 which looks like the X7500 u have posted is listed as 79,999 :-/

i can't got beyond 30k budget maybe 2-3k more ...... anyways i will try top find out the prices for O2 ......

anyways for prices i am looking here

Univercell - Home

Rahul said:
hmmmm ...... these are awesome phones vandal but way off my budget :-/ ...... HTC U1000 which looks like the X7500 u have posted is listed as 79,999 :-/

i can't got beyond 30k budget maybe 2-3k more ...... anyways i will try top find out the prices for O2 ......

anyways for prices i am looking here

Univercell - Home

Not all. The O2 Mini S is 28K in mumbai. Buy a 2GB fast SD and you're good to go. And don't forget a 1200 buck bluetooth keyboard if you wanna substitute your lappy. There are small devices like this around. Search for logitech. Zebronics had a couple of these in their mount road (chennai) showroom last I remember. ;) As saiyan to buy it for ya :D

Some phones @ the site u mentioned are priced well, others are atrociously priced. My 6630 is around 8~9K if I'm not wrong. Its listed @ 12K.

vandal said:
Its not an earlier batch thing. It depends how you use it and after awhile any moving part will deteriorate due to friction.

I'd say give it a few months of regular use and then see.

@ Rahul was I you, I'd go WM and get the GPS reciever ceezee ;) was talkin about. If you want to go Nokia then go for something like an N73ME or possibly even the E61.

I said N95 based on your flashy bling-bling. But look at it this way, how long will that bling last?? Seems you have cleared your own confusion when you said all you were looking at in the N95 was GPS, in that case look elsewhere...

In jasjar guise this is what I'm using, and the screen cannot get much bigger :D
O2 XDA Exec - Full phone specifications

If you want something powerful like this I can PM you pics of the cell.

Here's the MiniS
O2 XDA mini S - Full phone specifications

Also very good (may get cheaper because its an older model)
O2 XDA IIi - Full phone specifications

There are equivalent models in Imate, Dopod, Q-Tek and HTC. Remember HTC makes all these phones the others just brand em.

If you want the ultimate PDA (for me)

HTC Advantage X7500 - Full phone specifications

This will be available in singapore and dubai, but not here (at least I've not seen it)
Well no phone comes close to N95 in terms of features. And slider of made by nokia are absolutely right. My friend is using N93 and his n93 hinge is still pretty rock solid like new and its 8 months old and he uses it pretty roughly.. So i dont think moving parts deteriorate after a while .

Back