which cell phone ??

Rahul

Skilled
Again the same question.

my budget is 25-30k.

i am not looking for gr8 camera.
interface should be good, touchscreen the better.
GPS will be a gr8 addon.
it sud be fast.

haven't decided on anything. i will go with warranty and papers but if i get something good on grey market i will think about it :)

Thanks

Here goes:
N95 -
+great screen, 24-bit, great interface and keypad, great sound (camera is not a priority for you but is very good), wifi, Interface is quick
-No touchscreen though, slider quality is a little iffy IMO.

IMate KJam - + big screen, touch controls, WM, fully keypad that is functional, good proccy
-one handed operation not possible, screen crispness not all that gr8 once u see the n95, e70 etc

(all these class of PDA's come with wifi etc, close your eyes and select if this is a criteria)

N93i - don't even think about it! :p
E61i -
+good feature set, great keypad, apps, wifi, decent proccy, awesome battery life.
-wideass form factor

E90 -
+ Damn productive, good screen, functional as hell from my 5 min with it
- large compass box FF hasn't changed, heavy...

Wait a bit and see:

W960i -
+good camera, good keypad, music should be good, touchscreen
-After launch we'll see.

A word - IMO QWERTY is useless unless u type a lot in word etc. touchscreen/stylus is more a "chamkaao" gimmick than anything and doesn't really aid productivity. I can type just as fast on my old 6630 as on my jasjar for example for up to 300 words or so. Anything longer regularly and a qwerty makes sense.

Stylus as I mentioned just ensures two handed operation and is largely gimmicky, I am a former P910i owner, and have owned a K-Jam and a Jasjar so feel qualified to comment...

If you want a great phone go with the flashy N95 which has all the bells. You want great functionality then go WM. Nothing beats the tiny K-Jam/O2 Mini S, cause of the full size QWERTY, which POS' like the O2 Atom miss out on...

N80 also has a lot of features, well built good screen, but grossly cheap for a loaded party like you!! :p

Dark Star said:
Dude get any but N95 backup sucks ... :mad: My uncle has 1 and its really horrible.. Better get any other which suits u :)

Huh?? Tested it and the backup, no such issues. Sure your uncle mess something up? Same Nokia suite is used for all their S60 phones, which means all their backups should suck :p

The N95 is pretty cool. The initial firmware did have a lot of issues with the phone hanging and stuff, but newer firmware takes care of a lot of issues. The N80 is also an excellent phone. Awesome display!

As far as SE is concerned, the W960 is definitely worth waiting for. Looks bloody awesome! And has great features too!!

Edrill said:
The N95 is pretty cool. The initial firmware did have a lot of issues with the phone hanging and stuff, but newer firmware takes care of a lot of issues. The N80 is also an excellent phone. Awesome display!

As far as SE is concerned, the W960 is definitely worth waiting for. Looks bloody awesome! And has great features too!!

exactly what I said :p
The main difference between the N80 and N95 screen is the 18-bit VS 24-bit resp. Huge difference, plus its larger (N95)...size matters as always :p

No issues with both phones' latest firmware.

But for greater functionality WM is the way to go...Wait for 4 months and do a crossbow install ;)

N80 is FAT! big turn off for me personally. I would rather look at the E65 which looks much better even though it has a 2mp cam. But if cam is not an issue then E65>N80

Ank1t said:
N80 is FAT! big turn off for me personally. I would rather look at the E65 which looks much better even though it has a 2mp cam. But if cam is not an issue then E65>N80

^^Personally I like my chicks lean and my phones fat :p , matter of choice don't you think? He's talking features though, form factor is something he can judge from a demo piece too dude...

Besides all these are below that uber 25~30K budget. Rahul saab decide kar...

Lol.. dont bring chicks into this! :no:

Yup a matter of choice and thats y i used the word 'personally' while criticizing the N80. Rahulji plz reply!

Ank1t said:
Lol.. dont bring chicks into this! :no:
Yup a matter of choice and thats y i used the word 'personally' while criticizing the N80. Rahulji plz reply!

Why not? They're both pretty personal "product categories" ain't they? :p

If I were in your place rahul I'd go N95 if I wanted something MM. If I wanted business I'd go WM, probably the I-Mate K-Jam/O2 MiniS. Nuff said, decide ;)

hmmm thanks guys for all ur suggestion ....specially vandal reps on the way :D

can someone tell me if the GPS thingy of N95 is of any use ....... cause i heard before that its doesn't work properly ......

i want this phone only for show off :p lol ...... cause i have regular phone for daily usage ....... so wat say guys .....

let me check W960i :D .......

PS: damn same message .... spread some reputation :-/

If you have already decided on your phone then its fine, but if u r still looking then i'd say tht in tht budget, its always better to check out the WM phones with a good touchscreen...;) N95 is very good phone indeed but imo WM is always >>>>than Symbian..:p You shud be able to get the O2 XDA Atom LIFE w/o bill in tht budget...its got a very powerful processor @620 mhz...will easily beat the n95...so yeah..do take a look at tht as well...:)

Check the specs here.. O2 XDA Atom Life - Full phone specifications

n95. . battery back up is good enough for 1 hour of music + 1 hr calls+ some sms+ few pics. . .
the camera (stills) nothing to rave about though. . as per comparison with dedicated 5 mp shooters. .

Rahul said:
hmmm thanks guys for all ur suggestion ....specially vandal reps on the way :D

can someone tell me if the GPS thingy of N95 is of any use ....... cause i heard before that its doesn't work properly ......

i want this phone only for show off :p lol ...... cause i have regular phone for daily usage ....... so wat say guys .....

let me check W960i :D .......
PS: damn same message .... spread some reputation :-/

^^Then rep someone else and then rep me :)
OK - GPS is useful but its rudimentary and based on Nokia maps. I've used it in office and got the main roads (highway etc) quite clearly mapped as lines, so you'll see where you're going. But remember its not even a fraction of GPS systems on say M5's (sat in one :eek:hyeah: ). And its just a plain with lines...I guess nokia will probably update the maps with more detailed info from time to time, and this app might allow you to update the software on the phone. I used an early version of the N95.

Show off = stylus to many. WM is more functional also, though you'll miss a keypad...

But the N95 is perhaps the only nokia phone that can lay stakes to being a showoff device equivalent to a stylus. And the music quality is good too, so free ka IPod :p also the music button slider is very gadgety, pop em out and the cool blue backlight will have chicks around you go "arre waah, N95 leya hei" (tried and tested @ Belapur station, Navi Mumbai)

It can also substitute as a decent cam in desperate situations (our monsoon is full of those ~wet T-shirt oooh must click~ things)

All considered go N95, cause personally I don't like the Symbian UIQ, too slow, and SE has been underpowering their phones recently, a trick learnt from Nokia :p. S60 is so much better, wider application support also.

If you absolutely must go touchscreen then go WM5. ASUS' P535 also has GPS, and its very compact for a PDA, just another WM5 option for ya...

Vandal said:
our monsoon is full of those ~wet T-shirt oooh must click~ things

:lol: Well....do post some if u were lucky enuf to catch those moments..:lol: As for me, i'm just too scared to point and click at anything nowadays..especially the fairer sex and also the strategic locations like stations, public places etc. here in bbay...u never know, u may get thrashed for suspected activity...;)

Rahul said:
hmmm ..... i am more confused now :-/

Sorry for that...
You're trying to bridge functional and flashy, very tough ;)

Case1:
Ease of Use, funky, flashy yet productive, young and urbane. This is best for calling, small SMS's, music, multimedia etc. Its also lighter, though less productive with office/pdf type apps. - N95

Case 2:
Suave and productive "managerial" kind of flash, working with documents, email attachments, syncing, lots of wi-fi use - WM5 based. Suggestions - O2 miniS, Imate K-Jam. If you're going touchscreen get at least a 2.8 inch display (the jasjar has a 3.7" display), else the stylus is useless...

^^ LMAO. True now, but sometimes you get something too good not to capture :p. Next time you want to click something hot (and wet) I suggest you politely ask like an admirer of the femme form, and not like a drooling idiot, or a playaah (they dislike both stereotypes). Surprisingly some of the them are quite obliging if you ask right!

PS: If I do as you suggest would I get repped? ;)

Dude..you can't have Milk and Curd at the same time. Very hard to digest.
N95 is a good choice. Quite comfortable in pocket and feature rich. Best part 3.5mm jack! Wow! Plugin your EP630 and keep rockin' !

Back