Which BB connection good in Chennai?

Grim

Disciple
Hi,

I just moved to Chennai recently so, could anybody help me which Broad Band connections good over here..
Act is not here, Spectranet has 1 Mbps (unlimited) plan for Rs. 950 but, yet to confirm feasibility at my place.
Airtel seems to be costly.
My last option will be BSNL - Rs-900 plan

Let me check with them regarding the feasibility at my place.. Thanks dude..
Also guys, please let me know if there are any other connections available around here.. :happy:

in chennai where u stay and let me know the area

and why not opt reliance thunder 1.1k 4 mbps no FUP unlimited brand if available at your area

@Arun.P
i'm staying at Nerkundram- Golden George Nagar, near Mogappair East (7H Bus depo)

I have been using Airtel for almost a decade now, the service has been awesome, with close to nil downtime, I am planning to take YOU in the new house that I will be shifting to, I am apprehensive based on the reviews I have read, but think might give it a shot. But for you if Airtel is available do give it a try, the thing with Indian broadband is that it is a very area centric experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Arun.P
i'm staying at Nerkundram- Golden George Nagar, near Mogappair East (7H Bus depo)
that is very tough even my friend also stay at same area, and there is no limted broadband available at your area cause it is very far around 4-5 km from Chennai city,

and go for airtel or some tikoka broadband or move to some place if u have lucky good broadband at your area

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have taken house in Anna Nagar.. Made a wrong decision taking a house in this area... I have contacted reliance w8ing for their reply ... if that doesnt work then finally will take BSNL itself.. :depressed:

I have been using Airtel for almost a decade now, the service has been awesome, with close to nil downtime, I am planning to take YOU in the new house that I will be shifting to, I am apprehensive based on the reviews I have read, but think might give it a shot.

If you have a good FUP its better to stick on with it, unless and until you havent fallen into their cheap marketing trick of speed upgrade, in which you get shifted to a faster speed but your FUP is kicked off to a very low level. Say suppose you have a 2Mbps line and your FUP is 150GB+ then i would ask you to stay put, if you download a lot. Else choice is yours.
You can get your connection shifted within the city, but ask'em in advance for the feasibility in your new location, and also double check as to whether you would be offered the same plan, though the plan wont change unless its intercity. Within the same city a shift would cost to around Rs.250/-

bumping this thread. Any idea how good is You ? Came back to Chennai for a month and the Airtel lamers just pissed me off totally, been using it for past 9 years, time to move on. I live in Velachery, near the main bus station.

well I stay near to DLF IT park and there was no airtel reliance in my area called bsnl ppl they didn't come and then went with Tikona from 4-5 months no problems whatsoever.. I am in 1499 Unlimited 4 Mbps plan no FUP

Back