Which BB connection good in Chennai?

Registered with YOU Broadband and got a registration number but they never called back. My area is T.Nagar.

If they don't call back, that means they don't have service in that area... I had same problem with YOU and SPECTRANET
As they mention in the call i guess - "if we have service in that area we will contact you back"

If they don't call back, that means they don't have service in that area... I had same problem with YOU and SPECTRANET
As they mention in the call i guess - "if we have service in that area we will contact you back"
I had a funnier experience, I registered and after a couple days got a message 'we regret to inform you, that we do not have coverage in your area', but got a call from the local engineer stating there is feasibility and asking when I would like to install.

I had a funnier experience, I registered and after a couple days got a message 'we regret to inform you, that we do not have coverage in your area', but got a call from the local engineer stating there is feasibility and asking when I would like to install.

Similarly different shit happened to me with Reliance - they said your area has feasibility and then the service guy called saying "Sir when shall i come and install" but he never came so, i called back to him and he said "Service is not available"

YOU Broadband was not able to service my area even though my area is mentioned in their website. I tried TATA DOCOMO ADSL 16mbps plan with 80 GB download after I found an advertisement insertion in the local paper that they could service my area. I called them and they told that they would check feasibility but never got back again. I suppose if you are in a remote or in a busy area it is difficult to get the cables. For me I am in a very busy commercial area and I think most of the BB providers are not able to get their cables laid due to restrictions of cutting the road. Airtel is the only option now but they do not have plans beyond 8mbps in Chennai.

Registered with Tata DoCoMo Broadband for their 10mbps plan. I called them up and registered two weeks back and forgot about it as I thought they were not going to call back. They did call back and told that they would not be able to give the 16mbps plan I had asked for but instead they offered the 10mbps plan (16mbps requires a fiber optic cable which is not feasible in my area I believe) and I took it. They have taken the signed docs from me and promised that they would give the connection within couple of days. Shall update once I get the connection.

I too called them and inquired regarding the download speed which is mentioned on their website and the customer care ppl said sir you will get 1Mbps download speed on taking 1Mbps plan..:hilarious: (Like i would - I asked them again simply :joyful: is it line speed or download speed :shifty: - again they said its Download speed) Thats the reason i didn't take their connection..

I too called them and inquired regarding the download speed which is mentioned on their website and the customer care ppl said sir you will get 1Mbps download speed on taking 1Mbps plan..:hilarious: (Like i would - I asked them again simply :joyful: is it line speed or download speed :shifty: - again they said its Download speed) Thats the reason i didn't take their connection..
Don't worry about customer care. They are morons and probably would not know the difference between a fiber optic and a copper cable connection. The same goes with any other service providers.

Don't worry about customer care. They are morons and probably would not know the difference between a fiber optic and a copper cable connection. The same goes with any other service providers.
That's obviously true.. But the same morons should not irritate me in future if any problem arises.
In the end every one will give you problems - but need to choose who will resolve it or give less problem.. Cause i took Airtel assuming i will never face issue with them but i faced a random disconnection problem (due to some line prob or frequency drop issue) which took nearly a month to get resolved, I was feed up explaining the tech guy and the Customer care and sync them together...

@Grim, Airtel CC is good I must say comparing with other service providers in the city, though there plans are no good. A straight forward mail to the nodal officer and appellate authority would have been answered at a more faster pace than this.
Initially just register a complaint with the 121 exe, and get the complaint number, usually time limit given is 72hours, mostly all problems get resolved in time, if does not try your luck rightaway with the nodal officer in strong words. First send them a mail, and call'em up the next, it should mostly get resolved soon.

That's obviously true.. But the same morons should not irritate me in future if any problem arises.
In the end every one will give you problems - but need to choose who will resolve it or give less problem.. Cause i took Airtel assuming i will never face issue with them but i faced a random disconnection problem (due to some line prob or frequency drop issue) which took nearly a month to get resolved, I was feed up explaining the tech guy and the Customer care and sync them together...
Certainly they would irritate you. There is no escaping that with any service providers. All you need to do is get the mobile number of the tech guys who would install the connection in your place. If any problem arises just register the complaint and call these tech guys and they would be able to help out. I usually do this for BSNL (their customer care is a joke) and Airtel DTH.

Certainly they would irritate you. There is no escaping that with any service providers. All you need to do is get the mobile number of the tech guys who would install the connection in your place. If any problem arises just register the complaint and call these tech guys and they would be able to help out. I usually do this for BSNL (their customer care is a joke) and Airtel DTH.
That might work but not always. With BSNL in the place i stayed the Tech guy got the job done quickly but, here with Airtel the tech guy sincerely came, checked whats wrong and when he couldn't figure out the problem he just closed the ticket.
It all depends on "how the service is at the place?" where you stay for the taken connection..

@Grim are you staying near golden george nagar ? i had stayed in same place for 2 years where i had airtel bb connection but later . had some issue with bill circle airtel pp just cheat on bills now im using aircel dongle even im facing some tech issue .. searching for better provider any suggestion friends ??

Last edited:
Update on Tata DoCoMo Broadband in Chennai
I got the 10mbps 40GB FUP connection a week back. 10mbps is only in paper and it does not translate into the actual speed. Max download speed obtained was 3 mbps and nowhere near the 10mbps mark. The connection is stable and there was no disruption until now. When enquired about the download speed the local technician who connected the line told that there was a problem in the Mumbai hub and that it is being rectified and I should get the full 10mbps speed in a week's time which I think is not justifiable. Another problem I still have not got my account details and I am unable to login to their website to check account details as it seems they have not yet setup my account in their server. Their customer care is a joke and you could never reach them. Also it seems like the speed of 10mbps could never be achieved as it requires a fiber optic cable (not sure about this though). I have told the technician and the marketing guy that I would not continue with their connection if I do not get the desired speed. Only positive thing is I have not paid anything upfront for this connection.
Stay away from Tata DoCoMo, it is just not worth it.

Back