Whey Protein, where to buy!

Hi guys, I am reviving this thread because I need some advice.
I have been using Muscle Blaze Biozyme for some time and it has been causing me gastritis. For the longest time, I could not understand what on earth was going on until I realized that the supplement was the culprit.
+1
I was forced to switch to MB isolate last month because Scitron pulled the old bait & switch like Nutrabay and their isolate doesn't seem to be sourced from Glanbia anymore.
Ever since I've been consuming MB my tummy's been a mess, looking for Glanbia repackaged Indian brands atm.

+1
I was forced to switch to MB isolate last month because Scitron pulled the old bait & switch like Nutrabay and their isolate doesn't seem to be sourced from Glanbia anymore.
Ever since I've been consuming MB my tummy's been a mess, looking for Glanbia repackaged Indian brands atm.
My neighbour sells glanbia lol. He packages in his house and ships.
@sibot
@Synth-Pop I am serious bro. He gets Glanbia, adds flavours packs in fancy boxes and sells it. This is exactly what whey protein companies do.

Last edited:
Hi guys, after a bit of research somebody recommended that I take EAA+BCAA amino acids LINK instead of whey since I have a mild lactose intolerance. Would you guys recommend that instead?

Further, another friend who faced issues with MB Biozyme switched to GNC and hasn't faced any issues since. I don't see GNC being recommended here, is there any reason for that?

@sibot I started taking Nutrija about 6 months ago. In the past I've only used imported whey protein because I never trusted the Indian brands. And nutrija is right up there in quality with brands like Ultimate Nutrition and costs half the price.
I use isolate 95 which costs 1.9k for 2lb
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out. My concern is more related to the gastritis caused by whey. ON suited me just fine, but the MB one sends my stomach for a toss.
+1
Glad to hear I'm not the only one facing issues with MB. Do keep us in the loop if you find one!
My neighbour sells glanbia lol. He packages in his house and ships.
Long time mate! I don't know if you recognise me. I am Kauffmann from Erodov! How have you been? We were supposed to meet on many occasions when JD came around, but somehow it just never worked out. I did meet your brother though. Hope you're doing well.

Last edited:
I was forced to switch to MB isolate last month because Scitron pulled the old bait & switch like Nutrabay and their isolate doesn't seem to be sourced from Glanbia anymore
I don't know much about these things. Can you explain whats the difference depending on where it's sourced from? I've been using Nutrabay isolate in the past and it seems to work fine for me.
Can you tell from the packaging, where the isolate is sourced from?

I don't know much about these things. Can you explain whats the difference depending on where it's sourced from? I've been using Nutrabay isolate in the past and it seems to work fine for me.
Can you tell from the packaging, where the isolate is sourced from?

Glanbia is the parent company of Optimum Nutrition, they also sell whey concentrate and isolate in bulk to other manufacturers who just repackage and sell their products for a premium.
Nutrabay used to be one of those before they moved to a local manufacturer for their supply, for a cheaper price you get a better quality isolate than the likes of MB and Asitis.
With Scitron ISO it still says that it contains "Provon" on the packaging, that's the brand name that Glanbia sells their isolate under but in my last order the mixability, taste, texture and after effects definitely convinced me that it wasn't the usual iso, I could easily tell since I'd been consuming it for almost a year.

Hi guys, after a bit of research somebody recommended that I take EAA+BCAA amino acids LINK instead of whey since I have a mild lactose intolerance. Would you guys recommend that instead?
Both supps are unnecessary and they are not replacement for protein. Before supps, try to fix your diet.

Completely unnecessary, peddled by paid off fitness influencers for cash.

I suggest following seannalewanyj and shredded sports science on yt.

Long time mate! I don't know if you recognise me. I am Kauffmann from Erodov! How have you been? We were supposed to meet on many occasions when JD came around, but somehow it just never worked out. I did meet your brother though. Hope you're doing well.
Yes I recognize you bro, I'm doing good, all well. Hope we meet soon :)

How is MuscleTech guys? I am getting 4 lbs for $42 from the US. Wondering if it would be worth trying after I'm done with my current stock of MB.
Both supps are unnecessary and they are not replacement for protein. Before supps, try to fix your diet.
Completely unnecessary, peddled by paid off fitness influencers for cash.

I suggest following seannalewanyj and shredded sports science on yt.
Ah, thanks for the heads up. Is EAA unnecessary too? Does it work as a good supplement whilst working out? Thanks for all the help!

How is MuscleTech guys? I am getting 4 lbs for $42 from the US. Wondering if it would be worth trying after I'm done with my current stock of MB.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Is EAA unnecessary too? Does it work as a good supplement whilst working out? Thanks for all the help!
MuscleTech is a good company.

EAA is not necessary for bodybuilding.
You only need 3 supplements for bodybuilding - Pre Workout, Protein Powder & Creatine.

Nitrotech by muscletech is best tbh.. it has 3g creatine per scoop which is well within the safe limit of 5g per day.. but i would cycle off this protien after 2 months just to be super safe.

You don't need a pre-workout.

+1, most pre workouts are just overdosing you on stimulants and a bunch of underdosed micros, a cup of coffee is equally effective and cheaper.
Also creatine too isn't necessary for the average person who's just starting out and wants to remain fit. Build a routine, perfect your diet and exercise form and hit a plateau first before jumping onto creatine from the get go.

Most of the supplements are useless even for bodybuilders. Only protein supplements are helpful for people on steroids or an artificially restricted and unnatural diet such as vegan/vegetarian.

Regarding usability of supplements, what kind of workout you do? Strength or cardio? If both then how intense? Do you often lift more than your own body weight? Do you preform hard sets? If yes, then how much? A hard set is, when the weight is so heavy that you can no longer get into lifting position without assistance but once your muscles are under tension then you are strong enough to do multiple full range reps.
Do you eat eggs or meat ?

Most of the supplements are useless even for bodybuilders. Only protein supplements are helpful for people on steroids or an artificially restricted and unnatural diet such as vegan/vegetarian.

Regarding usability of supplements, what kind of workout you do? Strength or cardio? If both then how intense? Do you often lift more than your own body weight? Do you preform hard sets? If yes, then how much? A hard set is, when the weight is so heavy that you can no longer get into lifting position without assistance but once your muscles are under tension then you are strong enough to do multiple full range reps.
Do you eat eggs or meat ?
Thank you for asking relevant questions. I am currently into functional strength training, lifting moderate weights, and doing a set number of reps combined with some cardio. Some may just call it cardio even.

Thanks for the heads up on supplements other than protein, I shall refrain from them because my goal is to be fit, and active and build some muscle alongside.

My workouts are not that intense, they last for about an hour and I do not lift more than my body weight. I lift moderate weights and work out different parts in each session.

Yes, I do consume eggs and meat, but not on a daily basis as of now. I will incorporate two eggs and a chicken breast into my daily meals.

I ended up going with the GNC AMP Plant Isolate protein ( Pea and Brown Rice with amino profile) to see how it fares on my gut. It is a 2 lbs pack, so it should get over soon and I should be in a better position to make a call on whether to stick to pkant-based protein or go back to whey. I was about to purchase MuscleTech Gold Whey from the recent Amazon sale, but the recent reviews were suspect of the quality. I am trying to source ON or Muscletech from the US to be sure of the quality.

What's funny is that I thought I was buying a reputed brand going with MuscleBlaze Biozyme (going by the YT fit-fluencers), but I'm taken aback by the effect it has on my gut and how bad their rep is among enthusiasts.

Thank you again everyone for your input!

You don't need a pre-workout.
I strongly disagree with that, you need a good quality pre-workout to have good amount of energy and insanely good pumps. A good quality pre-workout does provide a great increased blood flow.And increased blood flow means more muscle gains. And I am not talking about your mum-chum cheap pre-workout that does contain underdosed and low quantity ingredients. I am talking about high quality proven pre-workouts.

It is well-established during the studies that pre-workouts does help during the workout and result in better muscle building.

All types of pre-workouts are available there for all types of training.

Back