PC Peripherals Where to buy hardware at Lamington Road Mumbai?

i got most of my new comp stuffs frm comp selection........they work kool...also the guy was nice..and now the delaer know me properly...but remember.....do your homework b4 buying...i bought all stuffs taking techenclave guys help........xcept for the tv fm card ..wanted compro...but since all part were ready and the compro stuff wasnt available went with the dealer suggestion 4 asus tv fm card.......got bad in 1 day.......prob is went i install driver it says this driver is not 4 the tuner card.....went bak to shop..and he gav me rashi address..frm wherwe the dealer got...now they hav sent it head office..and whenever i call they say it hasnt reached bak.......dont know in future ill buy asus stuff again or not.....

SpitefulPentium said:
going through this month;s chip magazine. they reviews about the HDDs mentioned here.

No man - the Hitachi's included in the review are NOT the ones I was looking for - the ones mentioned are the old 7K series the new ones I was looking for in May are from the TK7 series. Hitachi is still dumping their old drives in India !! :mad:

I have become totally disillusioned with Maxtor because of the current Maxline 2 and DM 9 drives which I am using - I know their Maxline 3 and DM 10 drives are much better but I am getting allergic to the name "MAXTOR".

magnet said:
...now they hav sent it head office..and whenever i call they say it hasnt reached bak.......dont know in future ill buy asus stuff again or not.....

Phone ASUS and tell them about your problem ...022-56490048

Eazy said:
No man - the Hitachi's included in the review are NOT the ones I was looking for - the ones mentioned are the old 7K series the new ones I was looking for in May are from the TK7 series. Hitachi is still dumping their old drives in India !! :mad:

you are right... went through the reviews this morning. they have reviewed the PATA model and not SATA for 250Gb. prices on ebay for SATA 250Gb hitachi with 8Mb buffer was 6750/- but dont want to order such things online on the basis of handling by our friendly neighborhood courierwalla.

SpitefulPentium said:
but dont want to order such things online on the basis of handling by our friendly neighborhood courierwalla.

Over at Storagereview forums they did some research on D.O.A. drives and they found that same drives seem to arrive dead much more from some sources than others - it was concluded that there are more damaged drives due to bad handling during transportation than caused by actual manufacturing defects. This could happen if for instance a crate full of hard disks was dropped at the airport or run over by a plane. J/K :)

As an example one of my Maxtor 120gb SATA drives suddenly died on me and Maxtor couriered me a new drive from Bangalore - this drive arrived in a hughe Styrofoam package BUT the drive slipped out of the pocket created in the styrofoam for it and was probably bouncing around inside the parcel for the journey to Mumbai - needless to say THAT drive lasted only a few months before it too died.

easy the card is with asus only...they have sent it to their head office...........and now whenever i call they say its not bak frm office...or u call tommo.......

Hi

I am about to buy an external HDD - Maxtor? probably 250GB or 300 GB. Came across and joined this forum. Could anyone guide me where I should buy it from? What specs I should look out for and what would be the optimum price?

Mangesh

hay guys can u please gimmie phone. nos. of these shops.
computer selection..
shree semiconductors..
prime abgb..
and some other good shops dealing in c2d mobos + proccys (wanted to enquire current rates)

thanx
btw i was quoted 16800 for C2D E6600 and 15200 for ASUS P5W DH Deleux mobo and 6000 for Transcend 667mgh 1GB Stick....at Compu Selectoin

are these prices correct...or can i get any lwer quots than that... ill be purchasing around 7th of nov,....

redscorpion_11 said:
shree semiconductors.. - 23823451 / 52 / 53

Also try.. Pacific computers - 23814000 - sales extnsion - 108.
Pacific guys are mostly bulk qty dealers.. mite offer u a gr8 price !

redscorpion_11 said:

shree semiconductors..

and some other good shops dealing in c2d mobos + proccys (wanted to enquire current rates)

I dont know if this is a different place but I have this...

Shree Satguru Traders phone: 6699 2415 / 16 email: ralco@vsnl.com

thanx gus...
i called 3 shops ...all of em gave me the same quots only rs100+/- ...
i guess ill have to go there and then bargain...

anyway is there anyone from mumbai in TE whos selling them at lower rates than those quoted by shopkeepers ??

i saw the GO: deals but donno if they are still available ....

Also check with Nilesh .... sometimes he has good prices for hardware ... Nilesh was on holiday last time I checked .... you will get better prices only from him - ask when he will be back if he is not in town.
Nilesh Zaveri.
Apex Enterprises
Mumbai.
Tel # 23895548 / 23802712
nilesh@apexenterprises.in

MAHAVIR ELECTRONICS
10/A Yamuna Bldg., Ground Floor, Opp. Police Stn., Topiwala Lane,Lamington Road, Mumbai-400007.
Tel.23840390,23840388 . Email- hbokadia@yahoo.com
Any one have phone No of
R.K. INFOSYS

2,Laxmi Bldg , 394 Lamington Road
I have Phone no but all of them worng that are 2388 8015,5658 7170/72 .

NIRALI said:
MAHAVIR ELECTRONICS
10/A Yamuna Bldg., Ground Floor, Opp. Police Stn., Topiwala Lane,Lamington Road, Mumbai-400007.
Tel.23840390,23840388 . Email- hbokadia@yahoo.com
Any one have phone No of
R.K. INFOSYS

2,Laxmi Bldg , 394 Lamington Road
I have Phone no but all of them worng that are 2388 8015,5658 7170/72 .

The first no. for R.K. Infosys u have is correct..
wrked for me the last time.. You will find Shaikh on that no.. i.e., 23888015

Other wrking no. is 55790500.. (Rakesh on this no.)

Guys,

Planned a trip to Mumbai and i want to buy a Hitachi T7K500 320 Or 250 Gb sata2 Hdd.

So Any recommened shops ?

Address and Ph will be great help..

Thanks..

i would say u go there and look around what price are they give

Shops to look are (those big shops) you get most thing from there

Computer Selection

PRIME ABGB

Plug n Play

Back