PC Peripherals Where to buy hardware at Lamington Road Mumbai?

puns said:
I have noticed this , dunno if others have , that all these vendors call up some place to enquire about the prices if they dont have the stuff . its a 4 digit number . is there some central place or they call each other up or ?

After having shopped at Lamington ROad for some years I have come to the conclusion that there are only a few dealers who actually stock the main hardware and the balance of the shops are like fronts for these stockists.

They have an intercom exchange of their own amongst the Lamington dealers and they even have their own Phone book :) When you move from shop to shop asking for prices for the same hardware every dealer calls the same source and this guy knows were you have enquired and he adjusts the price knowing what you may have been quoted at the last place you asked.

Egg- jhactly :D

So thr r sme specific shops which stocks the stuff.....
like the gigabyte one.....which stocks GFX (tht too XFX , they dnt hav gigabyte :rofl: )

Hmm its in the next lane after computer selection on first floor. Will check at home and see if I have the card, he gets the phone calls from the shops ;)

For me , computer selection is da best .
The guys ther are so nice and they give much better rates also.
Another shop i had seen was Shree computers

Aces170 said:
Hmm its in the next lane after computer selection on first floor. Will check at home and see if I have the card, he gets the phone calls from the shops ;)

Cool. Do post the number if you find it.

^^ ya it depends on where you stay and many peeps live pretty far away iuncluding me :( . but i stilll do buy stuff from there ocassionally.. like gonna buy a 160gb hard disk shortly..

chic_magnet said:
^^ ya it depends on where you stay and many peeps live pretty far away iuncluding me :( . but i stilll do buy stuff from there ocassionally.. like gonna buy a 160gb hard disk shortly..

Who you buying the 160gb drive from ? what price ?

....And yeah I stay under 3km away from Lamington Road.... :)

Computer Selection is da best ...they have a very good record of REPLACEMENTS under WARRANTIES. dealing with them since past 3 yrs.

Nice cool guys too.. handle everything with gr8 patience.

wel i have bought all my hard disks( 5 till now) from computer selection only.. haven`t had any problems with any hard disks so can't comment on after sales services.. but i'd go with what ronit is saying..
which other shop is good for buying hard disks???
even mahavir is good the first shop in the lane opposite computer selection...
i got all my blank cds, my cd writer ad my graphic card from them.. no probs atall!!

hey...why i didnt came to this thread earlier........damn i m short of time right now...will post some of my my reviews abt some shop......

eazy btw why u stick with maxtor???heard it has lot of probs......aces is right...cassatte world provide service only if u buying some xpensive product and their shop is empty at that moment...once i was buying keyboard..and the guy shop was full...i jus said show me microsoft one......the guy at the cashier started shouting at me saying they other customers...........they r not here too show stuff........

plug n play provide decent price but they dont hav stuffs in stock......also their guys lak tech knowledge........i was asking 450w smps...and i asked whts the ampere rating on +12v he said 5v...lolzzzzz.......also he was not having the stock..i said ill confirm it......he said if he brings i hav to buy it anyhow...he quoted 1450 buks 4 colors it......since i thght i might b fooled with the rating i left...........then went to pc guide

pc guide provides good service....but true they add commision.......i got the colors it 4 1500 buks...but the guy was ready to show the stuff............also once i was there and shop was full i jus wanted power cord...and next guy to me wanted laptop stuffs...but both were provided service decently..thats kool....

computer selection i jus asked them abt the smps(powersafe)they said they r out of stock...he didnt call nyone........that really suprised me........

nyways guys i will need certain thing prices and shop details...soon i will b going 4 high end stuffs....since the comp which i assembled giving me so much probs...that once in a week i went to lamington 5 times.......3 times once in a day....

will post details l8er.......and do reply........

Hey Aces170, if u hve the contact # of Samwik comp plz gimme. i cud not find it on net. im planning to assemble a new pc with latest amd chips.
thnx in advance!!
Aces170 said:
SamWik computers at Lamington Road, is good. Infact for AMD and high end mobos goto him, as other dealers just order from him and add their commisions.

Stay away from Casette world horrible service...

SpitefulPentium said:
@Easy: did you get the "Maxtor MaxLine III 250gb or a Hitachi T7K250" hdd you were looking for? where did you get it from?

NAH ... there were ads for these drives in the mags for months but both never had any material available in Mumbai for sale so I bought a Digital camera instead :) The grey market prices for these drives back then were too high. Today I would only buy the Hitachi drives they have the best rep in the forums.

Eazy said:
NAH ... there were ads for these drives in the mags for months but both never had any material available in Mumbai for sale so I bought a Digital camera instead :) The grey market prices for these drives back then were too high. Today I would only buy the Hitachi drives they have the best rep in the forums.

:rofl: nice decision in the end. going through this month;s chip magazine. they reviews about the HDDs mentioned here. so would make a choice soon.
Say I need the following things. where can I get it in mumbai? I know Prime ABGB is one shop, but never been there. so... help.

* AS5
* northbridge fans. preferably silent ones
* thumbscrews/mobo mounts/rubber washers
* gel wrist pads (mouse pads like kensington)
* IPA and cleaner
* 50 pieces DVD media (whichever is best)

any shop in particular selling the above stuff. :huh:

Back