What language is better?

akiso

Disciple
Oct 14, 2008
Hey me not so much in programming, wanted to build a website for my uncle electronic shop. It is also me who have to maintain it, :disguise2 so was hoping to try some hand on programming. Coming to it, I was confused by everybody who were in a bit of tussel over it :argue: Some said PHP others said ASP.NET.

I wanted which one will be better for building dynamic website. As some of you are more familiar to it wanted your advice before I make some decision.
1. Faster
2. Reliable
3. Dynamism
3. Better Support

:joystick:

rapt0r

Adept
Jun 15, 2006
You can use many already developed open source CMS systems like OScommerce for an e-shop . For web based dynamic site PHP is a good option . You can also use asp.net .. php=free btw .

nukeu666

Skilled
Dec 19, 2006
itll be a better idea to use a readymade&tested portal application like joomla, drupal

Only content and layout will have to be done by you

sahilm

Disciple
Apr 15, 2008
akiso said:
Hey me not so much in programming, wanted to build a website for my uncle electronic shop. It is also me who have to maintain it, :disguise2 so was hoping to try some hand on programming. Coming to it, I was confused by everybody who were in a bit of tussel over it :argue: Some said PHP others said ASP.NET.

I wanted which one will be better for building dynamic website. As some of you are more familiar to it wanted your advice before I make some decision.
1. Faster
2. Reliable
3. Dynamism
3. Better Support

:joystick:

It's like asking, "Which underwear is better?". Whatever fits you and keeps your crotch in place.

P.S. :- Ruby on Rails FTW muhahaha.

akiso

Disciple
Oct 14, 2008
Also what about the security and addin support for other scripting, also which is better for hosting. Do you any reliable cheap hosting site