Budget 31-40k Need Advice for Buying a New PC - Help!

shely

Recruit
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to buy a new PC and I could really use some advice. I mainly use my computer for gaming, streaming, and a bit of video editing. My budget is around 40k. I'm looking for something that can handle modern games at high settings and is somewhat future-proof. I have some knowledge about PC components but I'm no expert. What should I be looking for in terms of CPU, GPU, RAM, and other components? Any specific brands or models you recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Could you please clarify if you are looking to buy a pre-built PC or do you plan to build one yourself?

If it's the latter, with the current component pricing, I think building a gaming PC under 40k will be a challenge when one also wants it to be future-proof. It's hard to cut costs without compromising on quality, performance and newer gen advantages. Having said that, it's entirely upto you to decide if you are okay with getting previous gen components (which is perfectly fine as long as you can still get a lot of value out of it).

AMD build - Rs. 40,000 (AM4 - DDR4 - Not future proof)

The 5500GT has built in AMD APU which is far superior compared to Intel's UHD graphics. You should be able to play most games at 720p low/med settings. Adding a GPU when possible is recommended though.

Intel Build - Rs. 49,000 (LGA1700 - DDR5 - Upgradable) [Needs a dedicated GPU to get video output]

Intel's built in UHD graphics isn't suitable for GPU intensive gaming or rather, decent gaming of any sort. So, it's advisable to get at least a used GPU like RX580 or a 1650 Super for decent 1080p gaming and streaming experience. Try to save up another 7k and invest on a GPU. If you're bound by budget constraints and don't plan on getting a dedicated GPU, it's better to go with the AMD build since AMD's APU has better graphics processor.

Here's a video to get you up to speed on current hardware and terminologies when in comes to the PC building niche.

You could use https://pcbuilder.net/list/ to check if the components selected are compatible with each other.

Regarding what you should be looking for when selecting CPU, RAM, etc, check out the /r/buildapc wiki link

OP, Adding Graphic card (GPU) with AMD APU is not working smoothly as it works with Intel Processors with inbuilt GPU, I read same some where. Check before you decide.

OP, Adding Graphic card (GPU) with AMD APU is not working smoothly as it works with Intel Processors with inbuilt GPU, I read same some where. Check before you decide.
Then wherever you read it is wrong, there is no difference between adding a graphics card in a system with AMD apu or intel apu beyond the processor's own capabilities/performance. In fact, just installing the graphics card in pcie slot will disable any integrated graphics in processor if present.

OP, like everything else in life, this is the harsh truth.

Choose 2 of 3 - Cheap, Future proof, High Performance machine.

A cheap and future proof build would be one where you get the latest/one behind generation of CPUs and pair it to a motherboard and a good PSU. You then wait and save up enough to buy a good enough GPU and then have a Gaming rig.

A cheap Gaming rig build will not be future proof, since you will have to use old generation components to save costs.

A future proof Gaming rig will not be cheap and will run you into the 1L and above territory, but you will be set for atleast 3-4 years.

Edit - I would suggest you choose one of the above and then let us know. We can help you accordingly. Advice by entropy is excellent, but it would also help us if you let us know your direction.

All the best.

Last edited:
Interesting. Could you share the link to the said resource?

Forgot to add that the AMD's 'G' lineups (5500GT, 5600G, etc) lack PCIE 4.0 support. So, if the motherboard supports PCIE 4.0 and you're getting a good gen 4 SSD, it would only perform at gen 3 speeds if you pair it with a 5500GT.

Last edited:
Also, I forgot to add that the AMD's 'G' lineups (5500GT, 5600G, etc) lack PCIE 4.0 support. So, if the motherboard supports PCIE 4.0 and you're getting a good gen 4 SSD, it would only perform at gen 3 speeds if you pair it with a 5500GT.
Just a small addition, pcie gen 3 NVMe top speeds are around 3000MB/s while for gen 4 it is around 7000MB/s but in real life you will never see those speeds outside of benchmarks unless you have two such NVMe drives each in pcie gen 3/4 x4 slots & transferring data between those 2 drives.

Back