Washing machine help! EDIT: Bought Bosch WAG14060IN front loader

@Gannu @artattak

Guys I am planning to buy a Classixx WAX18260IN model. (Mid May, Bangalore).

How has the WM performed over time? Guess both of you have been using the WM for few months now. Still the best buy in the entry level 30k Front load WMs? Any better alternatives?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am pretty much happy with the machine. We use it twice a week (once during a random weekday and the other on a Sunday). Haven't had any issues yet. No descaling done so far. I'd happily recommend a Bosch to anyone who is looking for a front loader.

Among top loaders, LG has a direct drive model with a complete SS body. Costs 30k'ish and my boss got himself this. Saw it installed at his place and looks killer with the brushed SS finish.

@DarkAngel The machine is performing great (Touch wood). We are a family of three and use the machine almost 2-3 days a week. So far no complaints, the machine is super silent and stable during the whole of the washing process. And the quality of the wash is also great even with a bad hard water supply in my area. My recommendation will be to go for it and take the extended warranty from Chroma, which is quite cheap. Although the LG looks better, i am not sure about its performance/durability.

@DarkAngel The machine is performing great (Touch wood). We are a family of three and use the machine almost 2-3 days a week. So far no complaints, the machine is super silent and stable during the whole of the washing process. And the quality of the wash is also great even with a bad hard water supply in my area. My recommendation will be to go for it and take the extended warranty from Chroma, which is quite cheap. Although the LG looks better, i am not sure about its performance/durability.

Don't care much about the looks. Thanks for the review. I am also planning to get it from Bangalore (Probably Croma, White field)

The default warranty is 2 yrs right? How much did the extended warranty cost you?

Don't care much about the looks. Thanks for the review. I am also planning to get it from Bangalore (Probably Croma, White field)

The default warranty is 2 yrs right? How much did the extended warranty cost you?

Yup, the default is 2 years. I have taken additional 2 years from Chroma. Don't remember the exact figure but it was less then 6k for 2 years. will check the bill and edit my post. The extended warranty is also available from Bosch itself but it was around 8k for 1 year extension, so Chroma warranty is a lot cheaper.

Thanks :) The box has 5 languages on it but English is conveniently missing! It says "Schnellentkalker" and Quick Descaler for washing machines and dishwashers and has the Bosch, Seimens, Gaggenau and Neff logo printed on it. In composition section it states - <5% nonionic surfactant, >30% citric acid, 5-15% maleic acid. And its written use with 60 degree celcius wash cycle without laundary. Here is the link for it - Entkalker - 311506

Also found this -
I am surprised. The Bosch engineer who came to install my machine said that no descalar required. Instead, he advised me to use vinegar after 6 months or so. How much did the powder cost?

@artattak @Gannu @rdst_1

Anyone of you placed your WMs in the service area?
The WM provision in my new flat is in the kitchen service area :( The service is wide enough at 11*3 feet. It is covered with metal grill but during rains I would probably have to cover the WM with a plastic sheet.
Will using a front loading WM work out fine this way?

I have placed mine on the WM pocket inside the apartment. This pocket is meant to store the WM which has a water inlet and drain outlet with a 22A electrical socket provision.

Can you not place it in a better location possibly covered from dust and exposed weather? At my hometown in Palakkad, we have placed our 10+ year old IFB on the roofed terrace. Although it isn't exposed to rains or direct sunlight, it is still kept in an open environment. Not sure if it affects the machine in the long run but it is still working fine. It's a very old machine, might get replaced with another Bosch soon.

Sadly such a provision for WM is available only in the service area in my apartment :( Don't want to spoil a good WM by placing it in the service. Anyone has an idea how top load ones perform when placed in a service exposed to occasional sunlight and rain?

Sadly such a provision for WM is available only in the service area in my apartment :( Don't want to spoil a good WM by placing it in the service. Anyone has an idea how top load ones perform when placed in a service exposed to occasional sunlight and rain?
You are taking this too seriously. Just buy and use a washing machine plastic cover and keep WM outside. I have my earlier IFB WM for many years like this and now keeping my new Bosch this way. No problems.

You are taking this too seriously. Just buy and use a washing machine plastic cover and keep WM outside. I have my earlier IFB WM for many years like this and now keeping my new Bosch this way. No problems.
Ok :) The best price that I was able to get was for ~28.5k for WAX18260IN from Pai International Bangalore. Havent checked croma.
ezone and adishwar didnt have this model.

@rshri it was 550 bucks for a box. The service engineer told me that vinegar can be used but it will result in fading of the steel drum.
@DarkAngel 28.5k is a good price. Even i got mine for the same. I have kept my machine in my balcony which is kind of covered with glass enclosure. I have installed curtains which takes care of the direct exposure to sunlight. Just keep in mind to install the machine on a flat leveled dry surface.

I had scheduled an engineer visit and the guy was prompt and arrived 15 mins before scheduled time!

He said they will balance the weights to adjust for floor slanting and said I just needed to get the water outlet in the service changed to one with a WM water hole.

But the problem is the service usually gets kind of flooded during heavy rains (Its Bangalore :( ) and the guy recommended covering the service up if that's the case.

Don't think this would be feasible as it will reduce the ventilation considerably and you cant place the machine in any stand.

Might probably end up buying a Samsung WA82BSLEC/XTL for ~14kish since I had used similar model before and been using a similar diamond drum model @ home for some time now. I can just place it on a stand, cover only the WM and not worry about it getting rusted.

Hey Guys even I am going to buy a Bosch washing machine before Sankranti as there as some good offers going on in croma.
Just confused between the 6 and the 7 kg ,,,which i should go with hmm.

I took a pic at Girias Bangalore and it was written Made in Thailand at the back...As far as i remember all Bosch models were imported from Germany, then why does the back sticker say so ??
Can someone throw some light on this by checking there washing machines..

6uq7.jpg

Also the prices for all washing machines seem to be risen by almost 3-4k.
The price of WAE20260IN is 33600 now :(

On Bosch website a new model has come "WAE20261IN"
Is it the same or different one for Indian region ?

In India there is no "Made in Germany" BOSCH (Yet to see one).. Earlier they were importing from Turkey .. Now it seems importing from Thiland is cheaper..

WAE20261IN looks like a 7 KG model which was not available few months ago when I got mine. Earlier they had only 5.5KG, 6.5Kg & an 8Kg model.. I got the 5.5Kg WAX18260IN which is not listed on the site now...

Thanks for the reply Hailstone.
What is written on your Washing machine?
I m getting WAB16260IN( 6 kg ) for 33999.
Im getting discount of 5 percent from Tata Debit card and a free ironbox.
Do you think it is a good deal.?
May be other members too can pour in there opinions.. Need to purchase asap[DOUBLEPOST=1389595816][/DOUBLEPOST]Went to some more shops today morning.
Seems like the 6.5 kg model has been stopped by the company.
Croma is offering the WAE20261IN ( 7kg ) model at 39499 plus the 5% percent off on SBI cards, 2.5% off for tata employee and 1000 off if u dont want the ironbox.
Comes to around 35500 rs.

Last edited:
Not a bad deal for the 7 Kg Model.. Discounts are good enough since 7 Kg models are expensive than the lower ones...

I got my 5.5Kg for 29k in Oct 2013.... 7Kg was not available but the 6.5Kg was for 35k... Looks same as the 7Kg model you are getting...

I placed the order yesterday for the WAE20261IN (7 kg ) model and got the delivery for the same today from chroma.
Now waiting for the technician guy to come :):)

Any pointers for the washing powder and any fabric softener to be used :).
Is the angle valve still necessary to install the washing machine. One of the showroom giys told me about an inlet adapter which I have to buy from the Bosch technician itself for some 300 bucks. I dont know what he was talking about and he didn't know anything about angle valve.
I reside in Bangalore.

Last edited:
Hello Friends,
Did anybody purchase Bosch washing machine in PUNE??
I am currently looking to buy front load WM and found this forum. Bosch reviews look promising.
Please let me know your current views on the same who are already using Bosch WM.Thanks!!

Back