PC Peripherals Upgrading my mouse???

darkseid

Disciple
Feb 6, 2008
Mumbai
Hey everyone ,

My logitech mouse is having some weird double click issues...so i decided to get a new mouse.
My budget would be around 2-2.3k max.

There are a few options , but really cant decide....and a little wary of razer (reading up on lot of problems with their mice).

I live in mumbai so should i order it online or just head off to lamington road.

fLUX

Skilled
Nov 21, 2009
Bangalore
Razer Death Adder , Microsoft Intellimouseexplorer 3.0 (around 1700) , Steelseries Kinzu at this price point these are the mice i can think of for competitive gaming .

Regarding your query online or go and buy , its best left upto you , if you can travel and buy well and good but buying online wont be an issue as well.

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
^^ Get the Razer Death Adder ~ 2200/- Razer Death Adder - Review - Peripherals | XSReviews OR

Logitech MX 518 ~ 1400/- Logitech MX518 Review - Page 1/5 | techPowerUp.

Both mice are used by a legion of fans [who'll testify their mouse is better than the others] and a lot of gaming veterans also swear by these. If you are a right handed and need something more exclusive, check this out --

SteelSeries Ikari [optical] ~ 2200/- [beautiful shape, the mouse fits into your palm, but the plastic construct feels cheap] -- SteelSeries Ikari Optical Mouse Review - Page 1/5 | techPowerUp.

Hope this helps you in your quest, Sire.

darkseid

Disciple
Feb 6, 2008
Mumbai
Thanks for the inputs guys,

but regarding razer , are their products durable .....cause i dont want to spend 2k and the have it go kaput in like three months (several posts i've been reading online have me doubting their quality)

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
Razer DA dragon age origins from letsbuy at 1980/- or Razer DA black edition from letsbuy at 1880/-.. I have ordered 2 , waiting for them... Just a query, I had similar thread running from many days, not many took interest in replying to that thread except for some who replied.. :(

MX518 is EOL... replacement is G400 available at letsbuy at ~1300/-

Roccat Kova is at 1900/-, it looks very good, but the plastics ruin the quality of the mouse. Kova+ couldnt be found...

darkseid

Disciple
Feb 6, 2008
Mumbai
Hmm..so right now i'm stuck between the Razer DA and SS Ikari and logitech G400

/

/

just a quick question is letsbuy a trusted site.

And has anyone used a Ttesports Mouse...was checking out flipkart and saw it there.

chiragsthakur

Skilled
Apr 20, 2011
Mumbai
I find it trusted, coz I have received NIS2012 10 users from them, my friends BF3 ordered from my account has been shipped, and my 2 x Razer DA dragon age version are ready to be shipped.

fLUX

Skilled
Nov 21, 2009
Bangalore
@Darkseid

Death adder usually doesnt go bad so fast and even if it does you can claim warranty it has a 1 year warranty. Origins or Black both look good , origins is a special edition though performance will be and should be ditto same as black edition (wonder if they will get transformers edition in India though :p).

Yeah and dont ignore to buy a good pad for the mouse else feet will get worn off if nothign atleast get a rantopad with it and minimum bare buy is the 40 bucks surface msepad .

darkseid

Disciple
Feb 6, 2008
Mumbai
Hey guys decided to order a steel series Kinzu , had to save the rest of the money to buy a pair of brainwavz beta earphones......thanks for all the help.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
chiragsthakur said:
Just a query, I had similar thread running from many days, not many took interest in replying to that thread except for some who replied.. :(

Your thread has garnered quite some responses. I am not sure what else where you looking for? Because I could see that there were at least 5-6 useful suggestions in the thread.

The outcome of such a thread is essentially a whole lot of suggestions. Esp. this one (i.e. the mouse) which keeps popping up once in a while. And it still would, because most do not do a search on the forums! Nvm. :)

Personally, I have used the MX518 (the rubber grip started wearing off after a period of usage and sold it off on the forums; Logitech AU insisted that I claim a warranty for this one and I suppose the buyer did), the first gen. Razer DA (which developed the infamous double click issue; it was sourced from Newegg US via KMD and got it replaced; sold the replacement on the forums), the MS IE 3.0 (heavy discoloration on the plastic front and the double click issue turned up; sold it on the forums and the buyer got it replaced) and finally I have the second gen. Razer DA for more than a year and it hasn't given me any problems till date.

kvikram

Skilled
Nov 16, 2010
I love my Razer Death Adder. Especially the way my fingers slide into the small gap (or) cushioning on the mouse buttons. It feels like my fingers are having a nice lie-in. :p

Go for DA. You won't regret it. :cool2: