Unable to get speed, when transfer files internally on home network (it's very slow)

Great, and just to reiterate, Gigabit => 1000Mbps (More than twice your current transfer speed) in case you want more.
Does that means, adding a router is best/ultimate solution ?
So it can provide both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz band..
Also best for transfers and speeds on same network.

Probably, I shall also minimize my cpu usage by .5 to 1% from Connectify hotspot software.
Can you suggest a router ?
Listed some here https://techenclave.com/threads/una...ome-network-its-very-slow.215888/post-2484373 (POST 19)

Does that means, adding a router is best/ultimate solution ?
So it can provide both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz band..
Also best for transfers and speeds on same network.

Probably, I shall also minimize my cpu usage by .5 to 1% from Connectify hotspot software.
Can you suggest a router ?
Listed some here https://techenclave.com/threads/una...ome-network-its-very-slow.215888/post-2484373 (POST 19)

If you already have the tp link router, why can't you use it directly, like why are you trying to create hotspot from your pc. Is it far away ?

If you already have the tp link router, why can't you use it directly, like why are you trying to create hotspot from your pc. Is it far away ?
TP-Link is main router setup at distance of 20 meters and 3 walls in between, connection breaks when doors are closed.

So what I understood is this, if my router supports 1 gbps port that means I can get those speeds only via ethernet cable connected between 2 PCs

Also when router mentions 2.4 ghz (300 mbps) and 5 ghz (800 mbps)
That means of I connect 2 PCs/devices in wireless mode, I will get upto 800mbps max on 5 ghz and 300 mbps max on 2.4 ghz? In my case half as it is Swenson and receing at same time.

So to get best suited in my case, I have to upgrade my router.

Not sure technically how much speed current antenna on motherboard transmits or is capable of) it's a costly mid range motherboard)
I am strictly using 2.4 ghz band on Wifi as one of my device only supports 2.4ghz.

Here is the list of errors I have gathered, will replace this work my existing TP-Link router and use tplink in my room.

############### NEW REPLY ######################
Thanks.
Finally end up of research and will select one router from this 2:
TP-Link Archer AX73 AX5400

or

MERCUSYS Mr90X Ax6000

There is another TPlink Archer AX72 PRO AX5400 variant with 1 GHz processor but 2.5 GBPs WAN port (which seems of no use at present) and costs 10000

Pics attached
TP link has 1 additional lan port and usb drive, rest of specs are almost similar..
Mercury look wise is awesome, some pics and link attached

Will place order in sometime, will wait for any comments/suggestions.. Will receive any one of same by tomorrow morning in Mumbai.
Just not completely sure, which is better in terms of software/features etc.
Will replace my Main Room Router with the new one, and old one will be placed in MYroom

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 56
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 49
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 49
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I am trying to get this thing fixed for a month now..
Got TpLink Archer AX73 AX5400 finally.

Will replace this with Archer C2600 and use old router in myroom..
LEss load on CPU as well.

Attachments

• router.jpg
    router.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 60
I am trying to get this thing fixed for a month now..
Got TpLink Archer AX73 AX5400 finally.

Will replace this with Archer C2600 and use old router in myroom..
LEss load on CPU as well.
Way away from forum for some work, so couldn't respond. Looks like you got a nice router. Set it up and do share the latest speeds over wifi / ethernet.

Thanks @demon_slayer
Setting 2 routers on same network was a pain for non-techy like me but finally fixed same with help.. Finally able to achieve what i planned for

Since router and had difficulty with local lan transfers on my PC..

Bought a NEW Router and connect same to Internet using PPPOE.
Check my Network Diagram..

Everything is working as required, But cannot access both router configuration at one time from my Windows 10 PC.

NEW ROUTER = A
IP range = 192.168.0.1
SSID 2.4ghz = TEST2.4 (Works Perfect)
SSID 5ghz = TEST5 (Works Perfect)

Wireless Settings on NEW router:

Network/Lan Interface on NEW Router:

OLD ROUTER = B
Using latest openwrt Firmware
IP range = 192.168.1.1
SSID 2.4ghz = 2.4 OLD ROUTER (Works Perfect)
SSID 5ghz = 5 OLD ROUTER (Works Perfect)

Wireless Settings on OLD router:

Network/Lan Interface on OLD Router:

To connect to OLD router when everything is running fine and make some SSID changes:
(have to turn off NEW router do a network adapter RESET, then OLD router works fine, but internet does not works as IP range gets changed/updated from OLD Router and cannot access NEW router interface)

To connect back to NEW router:
(have to turn off OLD router do a network adapter RESET, then NEW router works fine, Everything starts working perfectly, but cannot access OLD router Interface)

Old Router SSID Settings in 2.4ghz and 5ghz mode:
Openwrt setting was not possible for me.
Earlier from NEW router Lan port was connected to OLD router Lan Port via ethernet.

Changed now

NEW router Lan port is connected to OLD router Wan Port via ethernet.

I just reset the old router and it configured things on its own and works as desired:
I can now ping to both routers at same time without any issues:

Can access both router configuration without issues:

Tried to reboot new router first, all settings work fine
Tried to reboot old router first, all settings work fine.

New Network interface of old router now after reset:

It seems problem got fixed or should i share some more screenshots from specific location to confirm ?

Required different SSID for both routers, which is working as planned.

What could have been issue ?
Not a networking expert, but still some knowledge can help in future
Just found one issue, when OLD router is shut down, ping and connection to both router fail (quite obvious).
But I can still connect to NEW router 2.4 ghz SSID - though not a decent speed.
So now OLD router is acting as a DHCP server ?

IP details:
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.163(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 16 September 2023 07:49:50
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 16 September 2023 19:23:26
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

DHCP server is also running on new router (unchanged)

But anyway everything working as i required...
It was long night to get things right, openwrt reset worked like a charm..
Members often suggested this article which was helped;

Still the issue is not 100% fxed:
If I am connected to SSID of new Router and try to access my PC (connected to LAN port of old router) data via Samba protocol it wont find any files
(trying to access Media files from VLC Media player on TV kept in old router room)

Now, If I am connected to SSID of old router and try to access my PC (connected to LAN port of old router) data via Samba everything work fine, all files/folders are accessible.

Attachments

• PING FAILS WHEN OLD ROUTER IS SHUT DOWN.png
    PING FAILS WHEN OLD ROUTER IS SHUT DOWN.png
    524.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Thanks @demon_slayer
Setting 2 routers on same network was a pain for non-techy like me but finally fixed same with help.. Finally able to achieve what i planned for

You don't need to put the internet in both routers.
You put internet from outside in WAN of old router. Then take another ethernet cable from LAN port of old router to WAN port of new router.

That should be it.
Try and let me know.

There is only one internet connection, which is at present available on new router only.
But to make things work (like 4 ssids each with 2.4 and 5 ghz and access admin panel of both router ) I need to setup old router as AP which is not at present.
Both routers are working as DHCP server hence to different ip range.
IF I find someone free or paid to configure openwrt or will flash old router with original firmware of tp-link they do things quickly via GUI)

You needed to change the LAN IP of 2nd router to fall in the same subnet of your existing network or vice versa.
Suppose your 1st router is 192.168.1.1 and 2nd is 192.168.0.1 then you need to login to 2nd router and change the LAN IP configuration to 192.168.1.2 (the router will restart and now you'll login to this IP instead of old one) and disable DHCP on this router since that service is provided by 1st router already. Never have 2 DHCP servers on same subnet (unless their range is different).

Now you can connect both routers by LAN to LAN port and access 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 for their admin portals. Additionally, you can have 4 SSIDs (2 on each router) just as you desire.
This is how you setup AP mode on router manually.

Finally, you could have just bought any cheap gigabit dual band router to serve your needs as you are connecting over hardwired LAN.

You needed to change the LAN IP of 2nd router to fall in the same subnet of your existing network or vice versa.
Suppose your 1st router is 192.168.1.1 and 2nd is 192.168.0.1 then you need to login to 2nd router and change the LAN IP configuration to 192.168.1.2 (the router will restart and now you'll login to this IP instead of old one) and disable DHCP on this router since that service is provided by 1st router already. Never have 2 DHCP servers on same subnet (unless their range is different).

Now you can connect both routers by LAN to LAN port and access 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2 for their admin portals. Additionally, you can have 4 SSIDs (2 on each router) just as you desire.

Finally, you could have just bought any cheap gigabit dual band router to serve your needs as you are connecting over hardwired LAN.
Exactly

This is correct solution, but dont know how to implement this on openwrt (flashed openwrt few years ago)
Trying to find someone locally or check online if someone can connect to my windows 10 pc remotely and do needful as free or paid service.

Thanks

This is correct solution, but dont know how to implement this on openwrt (flashed openwrt few years ago)
It's easy on Openwrt. Just disable WAN interface and on LAN you can edit IPv4 address to 192.168.0.2 (assuming 1st router is on 192.168.0.1). Go to DHCP tab and click "Ignore interface". Save and apply.

It's easy on Openwrt. Just disable WAN interface and on LAN you can edit IPv4 address to 192.168.0.2 (assuming 1st router is on 192.168.0.1). Go to DHCP tab and click "Ignore interface". Save and apply.
Not doable by me for sure, I need to backup existing settings as well if in case something goes wrong
Send you dm..
Kindly check.

BIG THANKS TO @enthusiast29
This member took time, connected to my PC with Anydesk and fixed things within few minutes.

It works flawlessly now :) was looking to resolve the issue since month, when installed new router.

Big Thanks again..

Back