Laptops Two drops of water on Macbook air Keyboard

^^Well they are definitely not using household grade hair dryers are they?. Electronic assembly lines usually have controlled environments and they usually use special equipment to rule out the possibility of that kind of damage.

In fact even hair dryers have static proof variants so that the hair is not affected by static.

This thread makes me wanna take better care of my macbook pro....
<

^^ Then why in many electronics assembly lines use heatguns for bonding and gluing.....?

Ever famous apple, samsung and many others use heatguns for assembly and disassembly....

i agree,there is no static electricity in hot air. we use BGA re-work Machine to remove BGA IC's, it reaches temp above 215 degrees to desolder the BGA IC, we have to take care is of proper anti static precaution form our body to the pcb because it might damage the BGA & SMD components, As for as using hot air dryer is dangerous beacause it does not have temp controller and the hot air might melt plastic components like keyboards, take the macbook outside the house in the sunshine for one hour that should take care of mositure. REMOVE THE BATTERY BEFORE DOING IT.

lot of people have commented that it is ok if there is little or more liquid spillages. i have come across lot of laptop motherboards going beyond repair state and had to be replaced due to accidental spillages, there is no such thing as little or more it is just you are lucky.

lot of people have commented that it is ok if there is little or more liquid spillages. i have come across lot of laptop motherboards going beyond repair state and had to be replaced due to accidental spillages, there is no such thing as little or more it is just you are lucky.

Unless the keyboard has drains to channel the water out, the keyboard doesnt have any physical path from the top to the motherboard and all the water spills on the keyboard itself

Back