Laptops Two drops of water on Macbook air Keyboard

Havok

Adept
Ok as the topic says,

I have spilled around two drops of water on my mac book air, (condensate from a cold glass of water)

Switched off the mac book air, drained out as much water as possible, and wiped with a tissue, kept the macbook upside down from past 4 hours.

Now I am scared to switch it back on, any suggestions guys ?

Mostly I will be waiting for a few more days before switching it on anything else I can do.

I spilled on keyboard near the caps lock button.

I have read horror stores in mac rumour forums, just scared to even switch the damn thing on....

^^ Agree with Eddy. Just wait a couple of days to let it dry off completely. If it is condensate, then there should be minimal risk of salts too unless the outside of the glass was dirty.

2 drops on the keyboard is never gonna kill a macbook! And in any case, you heard about the horror stories on 'mac rumour forums'... The name says it all!!
<

I had previously dropped around 7-9 drops of coke on my macbook pro near the enter key side and did the same procedure as you switched it on and it was working fine, don't be scared it is not cheap stuff apple laptops are reliable and can take 2 drops of water easily

2 drops of polio
<

Mate it won't be an issue, less the amount of water is negligible, you are safe, just boot it up
<

U should had used a hair dryer from a distance and wiped the water...

Like people do with mobile phones dropped in water

Anyways 2 drops wont harm the keyboard wont damage the hardware of the beast...
<

-edited-

@OP

Just make sure you get rid of the excessive mositure. General thing i have heard is wiping with cloth w.e is visible and then placing under lamp at a safe distance etc. I think u have done ample things and those couple of drops should have been taken care of.

^^ Using a hair dryer on electronics is stupid. The static electricity can kill off components.

Wow, i didn't know this. There's static in the hot air blown out? Care to elaborate? I've heard of repair guys using heaters, the kind that solders/desolders SMD ICs, to dry out mobiles etc.

Wow, i didn't know this. There's static in the hot air blown out? Care to elaborate? I've heard of repair guys using heaters, the kind that solders/desolders SMD ICs, to dry out mobiles etc.

Devices like hair dryers, blowers/ vacuum cleaners can create conditions ideal for build up of static electricity that can prove fatal to electronics.People often use such devices on electronics without thinking, but in most cases, its only a matter of luck whether the electronics survive after such a treatment

^^ Then why in many electronics assembly lines use heatguns for bonding and gluing.....?

Ever famous apple, samsung and many others use heatguns for assembly and disassembly....

Back