Tune into AUS vs SA test

Chaos

Skilled
Jan 29, 2005
22/9 right now. 26 is the lowest ever test score.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Phew! 28 now - aussies saved from the humiliation of the lowest ever test score.

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
Still, looks like Aus can pull off a win, thanks to the first innings score. Wonder what's in the pitch..!! :S

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
With players like Amla and Kallis, SA can easily do it if they set their eyes on the win, and play sensibly. They've got 3 full days to achieve the target..

Superbad

Skilled
May 26, 2009
Cape town had something to do with the breeze and high tide levels i remember.
When the breeze flows in a particular direction the underwater table rises and ball starts to swing.
They have had similar instances of that during day -night 50 over games too.

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
ggt said:
Cape town had something to do with the breeze and high tide levels i remember.

When the breeze flows in a particular direction the underwater table rises and ball starts to swing.

They have had similar instances of that during day -night 50 over games too.

That is Durban IMO.

sharktale1212

Skilled
May 27, 2008
One thing I find funny is - with 23 wickets in one day. One total below 100 and one below 50 ....with the 11th batsman saving face - not a word is being said about the wicket. Had it been Galle or Kotla with their turn + low bounce, there would have been so many people keen on mauling the groundsmen.

stormblast

Skilled
Mar 27, 2005
^ well if you see the wickets there was nothing wrong with the pitch so the groundsman isnt to blame. it was some good swing/seam bowling and some rash shots.

also the drs went in favour of aus 3 times for 3 big wickets also made the difference.

sharktale1212

Skilled
May 27, 2008
@stormblast - Thats an strange way to put it. So if you look at Kotla pitch..nothing was wrong it with too. It dint bounce at much and required some application by the batsman. It was just some rash shots by Indian batsmen in first innings and good bowling by Ashwin/Ojha or even with the Galle pitch - just rash shots by Sri Lankan and good bowling by the spin bowlers. How come a seam bowling in a very helpful condition is good whereas spin bowling in a very helpful condition is considered to be on dustbowls or featherbeds...people complaining about it. Just my thought - I find it hypocritical.

Dhrubo

Disciple
Apr 28, 2010
How many of you think it might end as a tie? That would be a fitting finish IMO to make this test even memorable.

stormblast

Skilled
Mar 27, 2005
sharktale1212 said:
@stormblast - Thats an strange way to put it. So if you look at Kotla pitch..nothing was wrong it with too. It dint bounce at much and required some application by the batsman. It was just some rash shots by Indian batsmen in first innings and good bowling by Ashwin/Ojha or even with the Galle pitch - just rash shots by Sri Lankan and good bowling by the spin bowlers. How come a seam bowling in a very helpful condition is good whereas spin bowling in a very helpful condition is considered to be on dustbowls or featherbeds...people complaining about it. Just my thought - I find it hypocritical.

yes i love to see low scoring games so i dont mind such wickets. its just that cricket is broadcasted here in a different way so they examine everything a lot and then maybe blame the groundsmen. maybe it was similar on the aus sports channel?