Tune into AUS vs SA test

22/9 right now. 26 is the lowest ever test score.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Phew! 28 now - aussies saved from the humiliation of the lowest ever test score.

Still, looks like Aus can pull off a win, thanks to the first innings score. Wonder what's in the pitch..!! :S

there is nothing in the pitch,

same there is nothing in both teams batsmen :p

Australia all out for 47 Sa need 236 to win, can they?

With players like Amla and Kallis, SA can easily do it if they set their eyes on the win, and play sensibly. They've got 3 full days to achieve the target..

Cape town had something to do with the breeze and high tide levels i remember.
When the breeze flows in a particular direction the underwater table rises and ball starts to swing.
They have had similar instances of that during day -night 50 over games too.

ggt said:
Cape town had something to do with the breeze and high tide levels i remember.

When the breeze flows in a particular direction the underwater table rises and ball starts to swing.

They have had similar instances of that during day -night 50 over games too.

That is Durban IMO.

One thing I find funny is - with 23 wickets in one day. One total below 100 and one below 50 ....with the 11th batsman saving face - not a word is being said about the wicket. Had it been Galle or Kotla with their turn + low bounce, there would have been so many people keen on mauling the groundsmen.

^ well if you see the wickets there was nothing wrong with the pitch so the groundsman isnt to blame. it was some good swing/seam bowling and some rash shots.

also the drs went in favour of aus 3 times for 3 big wickets also made the difference.

@stormblast - Thats an strange way to put it. So if you look at Kotla pitch..nothing was wrong it with too. It dint bounce at much and required some application by the batsman. It was just some rash shots by Indian batsmen in first innings and good bowling by Ashwin/Ojha or even with the Galle pitch - just rash shots by Sri Lankan and good bowling by the spin bowlers. How come a seam bowling in a very helpful condition is good whereas spin bowling in a very helpful condition is considered to be on dustbowls or featherbeds...people complaining about it. Just my thought - I find it hypocritical.

sharktale1212 said:
@stormblast - Thats an strange way to put it. So if you look at Kotla pitch..nothing was wrong it with too. It dint bounce at much and required some application by the batsman. It was just some rash shots by Indian batsmen in first innings and good bowling by Ashwin/Ojha or even with the Galle pitch - just rash shots by Sri Lankan and good bowling by the spin bowlers. How come a seam bowling in a very helpful condition is good whereas spin bowling in a very helpful condition is considered to be on dustbowls or featherbeds...people complaining about it. Just my thought - I find it hypocritical.

yes i love to see low scoring games so i dont mind such wickets. its just that cricket is broadcasted here in a different way so they examine everything a lot and then maybe blame the groundsmen. maybe it was similar on the aus sports channel?

Back