Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Discussion Thread

Played it.I am not a transformers fan therefore your views may not match with mine.
Alright bumble bee mode is quite good you can say cod4 of transformers.vortex level is a bit challenging.music or background scores are also good gives a cinematic feeling.but visuals are really not that good.
From multiplayer part the connection is fast not much waiting time.
Unfortunately I did not liked the multiplayer too.I would still say play unreal tournament 3 multiplayer instead.

Excellente! After the fail that Dark of the Moon was, looks like High Moon Studios has finally delivered a winner. Looking forward to play it after I am back from a short vacation next week. :D

Resumed gaming after a week-long vacation and started this one. Managed to complete the first 2 chapters before calling it a day. First impressions - SOLID! :D

The UE 3 engine still manages to shine with the radiant visuals and crisp textures. Gameplay resembles the previous Transformers iterations and the devs. haven't changed much in this department, except that the characters now transform into different alternate forms. For instance, Bumblebee no longer transforms into the Chevy Camaro but a Cybertronian Car. Similarly, Optimus Prime no longer transforms into the Peterbilt 379 semi-truck but a Cybertronian vehicle. So that's there and this might be a disappointment to some of us. There are about 13 chapters in all, revealed at the start of the game with the remaining chapters locked and some cryptic font describing the current status.

The opening soundtrack was just brilliant! Listen to it below:

Peter Cullen reprises his role as the voice over for Optimus Prime with that deep dark bassy voice of his.

There is one major bug in the game however! There are stores scattered around the levels - Teletraan I, that can be accessed by the players within the game for upgrades and weapons switching. Once accessed, it is impossible to switch back to the game or do any upgrade or switch to any weapon, if the player is using the controller. A keyboard and mouse must be used to do anything within the store. Looks like HMS/Activision is aware of this (and several other bugs) and is possibly bringing a patch to address them.

That's all for now. Will resume the game today evening. :p

Completed 3 more chapters and the gameplay is pretty interesting. As always we get to play as several Autobots (and the Decepticons later). Weapon upgrades, tech upgrades are a good addition using the shards collected. Some of the Autobots are less agile than the other (for instance Optimus Prime) whereas some others are extremely fast. This is evident during dashing and sprinting. Voice acting is very good (some dialogue exchanges hilarious!) which was the case with the previous titles although the games may have sucked.

Switching to KB + mouse for the upgrades at the Teletraan I store sucks unfortunately. :(

It's UE3 and hence I specifically said, it would look better on the PC. Console version usually tend to look washed out.

I tried the demo in PS3. Since the graphics look weird, I decided not to buy it. I was actually confused whether they made it look that way purposefully to give a comic book feeling.

I tried the demo in PS3. Since the graphics look weird, I decided not to buy it. I was actually confused whether they made it look that way purposefully to give a comic book feeling.

I had tried the Xbox 360 demo and it seemed fine. I think the IGN review claimed the PS3 version was pretty messed up. So no point in going for the PS3 version. My platform choice was eventually PC and thankfully, High Moon Studios didn't perform the retarded 30fps lock on this one, like they did with it's predecessor.

If you have a decent PC, I'd say grab the game for the PC instead. The visuals look fantastic.

Completed another chapter and paused it when we decided to watch The Avengers instead. :p

Yeah i wanted to know what you meant above

You mean the quote I made for quan chi? It was just a joke. You hold the supreme honour of posting cryptic messages on the forum. Since I couldn't decode quan chi's post, so....:p

Anyway, looks like the mod(s) are on a clean up drive, so we'll just kill this jibber-jabber.

Anyway, looks like the mod(s) are on a clean up drive, so we'll just kill this jibber-jabber.

Actually, I could have let those posts be but someone else pitched in later with a completely OT post (you haven't seen that probably) and I had to eventually clean up the thread.

A bit of OT and spam is perfectly fine for the gaming and console sections unlike the other technical sections and the moderators do not have an issue. Just to be clear with our stand.

If i decode that it will violate the forum rules.Think hard and think otherways you will get the answer.
I could decode somewhat

1. Make the PC version more accessible so in future customers avoid PS3 releases , killing it slowly
2. You are turning into a PS3 fanboy

Sorry both are very wrong nowhere near.

In decent words ms is doing cheap tactics most multiplatform games are made for 360 first then ported to other platforms.why?Ok still accepted but why such bad ports.

"That why" is because the developers have readily available tools to build games on it , Sony Development/deployment tools are expensive and the talent required to do so is scarce the reason why 360 version is also better is the game code is always build on 3 Cores and then gets ported to PS3 which has 7 cores due to which the cores are not utilized well; also one of the reason why PS3 exclusive are way better than 360 since they are done correctly.

Sorry both are very wrong nowhere near.

In decent words ms is doing cheap tactics most multiplatform games are made for 360 first then ported to other platforms.why?Ok still accepted but why such bad ports.

I'm not sure how MS is being labeled as the bad guy here. A port's quality depends on the developers. Even if a game was constructed for X360 from ground up, there is no reason why it shouldn't look as good, if not better, on the PS3. If they find it difficult to deal with PS3's hardware, then that's their fault, not Microsoft's. How does Microsoft play any role in this? It's not like MS is paying the developers to shaft other platform ports.

Take L.A Noire, a game which was announced as a PS3 exclusive, then ended up being on 360, and eventually on PC. This game was designed for the PS3, but on the 360, it's looks equally stunning. How do you think that happened? MS paid extra?

You're experience with Bayonetta was shattered; technically and otherwise. Who do we blame? Platinum Games, right?

Besides, there are only a handful of games, which really perform poorly on the PS3, as compared to the 360. Rest of them, are on par. The logic behind having poor ports being blamed on a console manufacturer is really not fair.

Back