Transformers: Fall of Cybertron - Discussion Thread

I'm not sure how MS is being labeled as the bad guy here. A port's quality depends on the developers. Even if a game was constructed for X360 from ground up, there is no reason why it shouldn't look as good, if not better, on the PS3. If they find it difficult to deal with PS3's hardware, then that's their fault, not Microsoft's. How does Microsoft play any role in this? It's not like MS is paying the developers to shaft other platform ports.

Take L.A Noire, a game which was announced as a PS3 exclusive, then ended up being on 360, and eventually on PC. This game was designed for the PS3, but on the 360, it's looks equally stunning. How do you think that happened? MS paid extra?

You're experience with Bayonetta was shattered; technically and otherwise. Who do we blame? Platinum Games, right?

Besides, there are only a handful of games, which really perform poorly on the PS3, as compared to the 360. Rest of them, are on par. The logic behind having poor ports being blamed on a console manufacturer is really not fair.

For la noire i have read the opposite.

Red Dead Redemption had pathetic PS3 visuals. Whom do we blame? Sony? :lol:

Getting back to topic, completed 3 more chapters and the game just got a whole lot better with the Decepticons side kicking Autobots' arse! :D

3 more chapters remain. Will hopefully complete the game tonight and begin I Am Alive tomorrow. Good times ahead.

^^:facepalm: sorry but if that was meant for me then it is totally out of context. either you have not understood or perhaps you havent read my posts properly in both this and the RDR thread.moreover as told before rdr now looks quite good.but somtetimes at some places it looks just bland.Anyways dinjos reply seems quite acceptable.lets get back to the topic now.

Somehow your posts on whatever MS is doing always seemed out of context and I could never understand what you were trying to say. Either that or you are blatantly posting random things about the bad console ports!

RDR always looked bad on the PS3 - I had issues of bland textures, missing textures (or not loading) and the overall visuals lacking compared to the X360.

Sorry if you could not understand.But those were not completely out of context.Okay let me make things clear.

It all started in this thread when i read that this game too was messed up for the ps3 version.Have you played this on ps3? Read my comments on the demo.It literally looks worst!Yes even comparable to bayonetta!

First lets come to microsoft. Yes i believe (Not completely but just as a general thought) that microsoft does some foul play.Since 360 do not have much interesting exclusives therefore they tried to make their brand popular by making most of the multiplatform titles looking and performing better on their system.(By this statement i mean they tipped those developers.Thats why i always named ms not the developers).In this way when porting comes there will be only two options either 360 or ps3 & pc.(Eg:- GTA IV)Because on the other two platforms the game is fcked up equally.
Now when dinjo posted his reply i though that yes it can be acceptable to some extent.

Now lets come to RDR.Have you played bayonetta on ps3?I mean No youtube videos.Have you experienced it personally? If you have then you would have known why i was so frustrated.After paying for a game when you get this quality which can literally hurt your eyes what will be your reaction?

RDR is far better than the bayonetta port.

RDR like i told before is also messed up for this system. Yes there are textures popping up issues.(But you can ignore it.)Frame rates are inconsistent at some places.Washed out textures.I dont know which version you played or if there is any change in the normal and GOTY version.Because in the GOTY i encountered these problem too much during the initial stages.But now i am in the middle of the game and think the textures looks dull only at few places, or the beautiful environment they have created has compensated for this loss.Due to which i may not be paying much attention to the textures now.:lol: As told earlier this game looks amazing during the dawn and the dusk. But yes the fps and popping up issues are still there and occurs randomly.This problem can be seen in the multiplayer also which is very annoying.If you can ignore these in the single player then it is not that bad.

Completed the game yesterday and hands down, this title is THE best Transformers title ever made I reckon! :eek:hyeah:

Had an absolute blast with the last chapter. Loved the game and everything it had to offer - visuals, level design, soundtracks, voice acting, combat, AI, bot designs and transformations (watch out for the last 2 chapters!) sans the spoiler part wherein they reveal the total number of chapters, on which side would the player be (i.e. Autobots or Decepticons) and whom they would play as (this was the most useless thing of all!). I can't understand why the dev. would want to reveal all this before we begin the game! The game offers almost no replayability value - there are no side missions or anything worth a second playthrough. Trophy whores can grab most of the trophies in the first playthrough itself. The campaign must have clocked roughly 9 hours on Normal difficulty.

All in all a title worth a playthrough. Kudos to High Moon Studios for an overhaul after the disaster that Dark of the Moon was. Looking forward for Deadpool due next year. :)

Have you played this on ps3? Read my comments on the demo.

If you meant T:FoC, no. I played it on the PC. My principle is pretty simple, if a title releases across all the platforms I grab it for the PC version because the visuals are bound to be better if not any worse. Exception - Dark Souls, reason - improper porting because the devs. were inexperienced with porting to PC.

Have you played bayonetta on ps3?I mean No youtube videos.Have you experienced it personally?

Completed the game almost 2 years back. My impressions on the game can be had from the very first post (4th para) on the discussion thread - http://www.techenclave.com/gaming-consoles/bayonetta-discussion-thread-94077/

I dont know which version you played or if there is any change in the normal and GOTY version.

I played the regular version and the feedback can be had here - http://www.techenclave.com/gaming-c...tion-discussion-thread-60942/p16/#post1262333

It did not improve later on.

^^About RDR.like i said before yes the game looks bad.But now not on all the places.
Thanks to TE and your link that I read that open spoiler.:chair:DAMN IT!!!:cursing:

Here is a post comparing PS3 and XBOX versions. The third image is exactly how I see the demo in my PS3!

And from the Gamespot review (source):
It's a shame that the PlayStation 3 version struggles to keep up with that excess. At times, Fall of Cybertron is a technical mess on Sony's console: square pixels sometimes erupt where there should be sparks, loading times occur in the middle of the action, and the game may even lock up and require you to restart the system. The resolution is noticeably lower than on the Xbox 360, and textures are so blurry that you could momentarily wonder if a higher-res texture has yet to pop in. The frame rate isn't perfectly steady on the Xbox 360, but it keeps pace better than the PS3 version, which chugs more frequently.

Did anyone face random frame rate drops on the PC? I'm facing this issue intermittently. It randomly drops to 22fps and then rises to 58fps. Weird!

Done with the game. Took me 8 hours and 7 minutes in total for the main campaign. To me, it was mildly entertaining, not sure why I didn't enjoy it as much as I did War for Cybertron. The last 3 chapters were really kick-ass, especially Grimlock's sections. Apart from that, I thought it was average. Ah well, at least it was better than the last Transformers title. :p

Back