Top-10 Android Apps Thread

I tried all the above listed player for the videos i intend to play. 350MB AVI files and only rockplayer lite worked flawlessly. Vital player had sync issues while in QQ player the frame rate of the video dropped to almost half and video was coming in slow motion.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OT: One comment on androidzoom for the rockplayer lite that made me go LOL

This program is perfect on HTC DInc with NO LAG AT ALL. If this program doesn't work for you, you are retarded and/or your phone sucks

I tried playing an episode of Castle on my OSF with different players. Rockplayer v.1.5.5 was the only one that managed to play without lag or dropped frames. This was possible only on the current FLB r11 release. On JJ9 that I had previously, none of the video players worked without lag.

Raksrules

Which phone u have ? I think it depends on the hardware of the phone. In my case all players can play .avi files but no player can play .mkv HD files properly.

logistopath said:
I tried playing an episode of Castle on my OSF with different players. Rockplayer v.1.5.5 was the only one that managed to play without lag or dropped frames. This was possible only on the current FLB r11 release. On JJ9 that I had previously, none of the video players worked without lag.

On a side note, update to r11b, r11 has wifi hotspot issues (wifi and 3G dont work together)
techpal said:
Raksrules

Which phone u have ? I think it depends on the hardware of the phone. In my case all players can play .avi files but no player can play .mkv HD files properly.
Like most of the folks here....ZTE Blade / OSF

Started using Opera Mini 6 and Opera Mobile 11, latest variants of opera browsers. Awesome as expected. Pinch-to-zoom feature in mini is something always needed and now it is there.

On issue i noticed is that while downloading something in mini, sometimes the download refuses to start while the same download happens fine with opera mobile. Not sure why :S

^Just yday i've tried and not as fluid as sense and eating so much of memory :( i'm using DHD, so uninstalled, 662 rs gone :( Unable to refund due to stupid 15 mins policy

Dungeon Defenders, the first (?) Unreal Engine 3 game for Android is now free. Until 2 days ago, it used to cost 5$ but since Google implemented in-app payments, they have modified the game to let you play for free and use microtransactions to gain advantages in the game.

I haven't downloaded it myself but it's 8mb on the marketplace followed by a massive download directly from their servers I think. Something like 500mb, so make sure to download it on wifi or 3G.

Dungeon Defenders goes freemium on Android, gets optimized for iPad 2 | Joystiq

paraman said:
I am looking for a SMS app which displays messages in the old 'folder' format i.e. inbox, drafts, sentbox etc. I dont want the 'conversation' view. So far I have only found SMS Composer. Anyone know of any other similar app?
Just found another app with old style display. Its Pansi Messaging. More info here: Pansi Messaging v1.0 Beta released « Pansi and here: A fastest SMS app - Pansi SMS - Android app on AppBrain.

Seems decent (except for the silly name ;-)) and trying it out now.

Ok I can confirm that Dungeon Defenders does in fact require a ~500-550mb download after you get the installer from the market. Looks pretty good though.

I use poppeeper on desktop for checking emails from multiple accounts.

Is there any android app which can check email from multiple accounts of yahoo/msn/rediff/gmail etc.

guys try the spb shll 3d..

total awesomeness...

have it on atrix as well as blade and it does not lag on either :eek:hyeah:

madnav said:
guys try the spb shll 3d..

total awesomeness...

have it on atrix as well as blade and it does not lag on either :eek:hyeah:

Yes i too tried it yesterday. It is indeed awesome but i think the eye candy will wash away in couple of days. Just my opinion though. Does not lag on blade. But eats up around 60-70 MB RAM.

My RAM free when using GO launcher EX as launcher was 268 MB out of 404 total but after using SPB Shell 3D the RAM free went down to 191 MB.

Also not tested, but i am sure it will be a battery eater. Blades as it is dont have a good battery life with those 2.2 custom ROMs.

Btw madnav, i installed SPB and when pressed the home button it gave me option of Go Launcher EX, Launcher 2(stock) and SPB and i selected SPB. But later after trying SPB i again pressed home button and it asked me the options again and this time i pressed GO launcher and ticked the "do not ask again" thing. So now SPB is installed on my phone but since i cannot see any icon corresponding to it in app drawer, i dont know how to reinitialize it.

Any clues ?
logistopath said:
^^ Does it have a trial version..? It costs too much for an app - 15$ is crazy..
I am not sure, but there was a beta available from what i read somewhere. And yes it does cost too much, more because of the stupid 15 min trial policy of google. So buying this out right without playing around with it is something i would not recommend.

Btw logistopath, YGPM

Go to 'Go Launcher' in 'Manage Applications' and click on 'set as default'. Now when you press 'home' you will again be asked which launcher you want to use.

^In applications management, select your home screen app(launcher 2) and select clear defaults... after that if you click home button it will ask you the options...

Back